My Yahoomail stopped working in Hub yesterday. I got an error saying that the password needs to updated or the settings need to be updated. The password is correct, I verified I can access my Yahoomail on a PC. I tried removing my Yahoo account from BlackBerry Hub and re-adding it but I still get the same error. Any idea what is going on?
    Jadedx1FastLude likes this.
    02-16-21 07:09 PM
    My Yahoomail stopped working in Hub yesterday. I got an error saying that the password needs to updated or the settings need to be updated. The password is correct, I verified I can access my Yahoomail on a PC. I tried removing my Yahoo account from BlackBerry Hub and re-adding it but I still get the same error. Any idea what is going on?
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/access-yah...-sln15241.html
    02-16-21 07:40 PM
    I tried the options, the generated app password, restarted phone a few time, still not working. Getting this messageYahoo Mail not working in Hub-whatsapp-image-2021-02-17-22.41.58.jpeg
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-17-21 03:45 PM
    I tried the options, the generated app password, restarted phone a few time, still not working. Getting this message.
    Remove and add back the account using the app-specific password.

It works. Everyone else has been doing this the last few weeks.
    02-17-21 04:32 PM
    Remove and add back the account using the app-specific password.

It works. Everyone else has been doing this the last few weeks.
    I started having this same problem. Tried what you said and it's still not accepting the generated password for the account I have now removed and can't add back in.
    02-18-21 09:20 AM
    I started having this same problem. Tried what you said and it's still not accepting the generated password for the account I have now removed and can't add back in.
    I’ve had issues with AOL/Yahoo email simple and complex both. Unfortunately, the eventual solution was to use their proprietary apps.
    02-18-21 10:31 AM
    I’ve had issues with AOL/Yahoo email simple and complex both. Unfortunately, the eventual solution was to use their proprietary apps.
    What I was dreading to hear. Thank you, though.
    02-18-21 10:54 AM
    For what it's worth, it seems other people have been having the same problem:

https://downdetector.com/status/yahoo-mail/map/
    02-18-21 01:10 PM
    mine works fine
    02-19-21 02:50 PM
    mine works fine
    Man that's great. For the generated app password did you use "Other" ?
    02-19-21 03:06 PM
    yahoo mail not working into hub . tells me to update settings
    02-20-21 04:23 AM
    yahoo mail not working into hub . tells me to update settings
    See post #2.
    02-20-21 07:56 AM
    Update (for what it's worth): I have removed the remaining Yahoo account (there were 2 total), changed my main Yahoo password, cleared cache/data from Hub app, restarted my phone, created a new app password from Yahoo, and still only my one Yahoo account can be added back. The second one that got disconnected can not be added back, even with a new generated app password. So I guess only one Yahoo account can be used at a time for now unless someone can prove me otherwise?

For now, I'm using the Yahoo mail app. After not using it so long I can see so many updated quality-of-life changes I wish can no be ported to the Hub in future updates, perhaps.
    02-21-21 03:41 AM
    Final update: I got it to work on both accounts. Turns out I needed to generate the password separately in each Yahoo mail account (by signing in individually to each account) rather than generating the app password in one account and trying to make it work for both.
    Jadedx1FastLude likes this.
    02-23-21 01:39 PM
    Final update: I got it to work on both accounts. Turns out I needed to generate the password separately in each Yahoo mail account (by signing in individually to each account) rather than generating the app password in one account and trying to make it work for both.
    Congratulations.... That deserves a beer or two
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-23-21 01:51 PM
    I should have mentioned that. My bad.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-23-21 02:01 PM
    Congratulations.... That deserves a beer or two
    Lol thank you. I'll miss the Yahoo app...in a way.

I should have mentioned that. My bad.
    No problem. Sometimes you have to get lost in the woods after receiving directions.
    02-23-21 07:44 PM
    Update (for what it's worth): I have removed the remaining Yahoo account (there were 2 total), changed my main Yahoo password, cleared cache/data from Hub app, restarted my phone, created a new app password from Yahoo, and still only my one Yahoo account can be added back. The second one that got disconnected can not be added back, even with a new generated app password. So I guess only one Yahoo account can be used at a time for now unless someone can prove me otherwise?

For now, I'm using the Yahoo mail app. After not using it so long I can see so many updated quality-of-life changes I wish can no be ported to the Hub in future updates, perhaps.
    Could someone please explain this method to me in REALLY simple step by step terms.
    02-26-21 06:22 AM
    Could someone please explain this method to me in REALLY simple step by step terms.
    See post #2.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-26-21 07:24 AM
    See post #2.
    Thank you, even a moron like me was able to follow that. Now I can delete the yukhoo app!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-26-21 10:42 AM
    Thank you for posting this fix. I'm back in business with my Yahoo account.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-26-21 05:31 PM
    I don't think anyone posted this explicitly, but the method in Post #2 above also works for AOL. I just fixed mine.
    03-29-21 05:08 PM
    I don't think anyone posted this explicitly, but the method in Post #2 above also works for AOL. I just fixed mine.
    Well . . . temporarily.

I updated AOL with the generated password, and it worked . . . and then it didn't. So I did it again and it worked . . . and then it didn't. I keep having to re-do it.

Anybody have any ideas?
    03-29-21 09:47 PM
    My Yahoo account stopped working 02/15/2021 around 12:30 pm.

Here's my problem, I only looked for a solution within the first 24 hours. This solution was posted more than 24 hours later. ADD had kicked in by then, and I was too frustrated/distracted/busy to look after the initial 24 hours.

I'm not sure if this has fixed the problem, since no new emails have started popping up on BB Hub+, but it no longer says "can't validate [email protected]" anymore.
    05-07-21 01:45 PM
    https://www.myaarpmedicare.expert/I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution Same issue still no fix to this. mail is not responding error occure.. MyAARPMedicare
    Last edited by Prosacco; 09-24-21 at 10:43 PM.
    09-24-21 01:00 AM
26 12