Unihertz got a stern warning, and immediately removed the capacitive-touch keyboard. Who knows what will follow next.
    Are you an insider in the know or an outsider with good intuition ?
    08-13-19 07:13 PM
    Unihertz got a stern warning, and immediately removed the capacitive-touch keyboard. Who knows what will follow next.
    The one patent I want BB ltd to have is device weight over 220g...
    08-13-19 08:59 PM
    Using for retrieving email will be forbidden....
    08-13-19 11:46 PM
    You new here? Lol.
    No I'm not new here.
    08-14-19 10:23 AM
    No I'm not new here.
    Yes I know. I was being hilarious.
    08-14-19 10:25 AM
    Why not contact TCL, it's easier than you think. I did....
    08-14-19 10:25 AM
    Why not contact TCL, it's easier than you think. I did....
    They told you that a new BlackBerry slab was coming?
    08-14-19 10:28 AM
    I was considering the same and decided to go for a Pixel. Forget buying a device nearing its EOL...not worth it.
    I agree 100% with this. That is the main reason why I didn't consider the motion. You can get another android phone with better support and still get the BlackBerry software. Classic win-win.
    08-14-19 10:31 AM
    They told you that a new BlackBerry slab was coming?
    They said there is a Motion replacement pending further review. As for time frame, they couldn't comment of course.

Take it as a positive, the majority want full slab phones. And installing the BlackBerry suit onto a none BlackBerry phone doesn't feel the same as having it baked into the OS from the getgo.

I should know, Motion, Galaxy 7 and LGv2.
    08-14-19 10:33 AM
    installing the BlackBerry suit onto a none BlackBerry phone doesn't feel the same as having it baked into the OS from the getgo.
    Sure, but with a device like the Pixel, it's pretty close. Close enough to make the advantages far outweigh the cons.
    08-14-19 01:18 PM
    I'd look at the Pixel 'a' range and the Samsung A50 or A70 before considering the Motion. If you can stand the bloat, the Samsungs are excellent value for money but the Pixels are nice and clean.
    You won't get monthly updates on the Samsung devices though, and even then, I'm sure carriers will want a say too.

https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
    08-14-19 07:05 PM
    I love my used Motion and have been trying to find a new one. The only one I found was an overpriced one on EBay. I probably should have bought it, but no warranty.
    I have been waiting patiently for a Motion 2, but I can't wait any longer, so I just ordered an Asus Zenfone 6. It will come next week. Hope I won't be sorry.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion>S7 active
    08-14-19 07:38 PM
    I love my used Motion and have been trying to find a new one. The only one I found was an overpriced one on EBay. I probably should have bought it, but no warranty.
    I have been waiting patiently for a Motion 2, but I can't wait any longer, so I just ordered an Asus Zenfone 6. It will come next week. Hope I won't be sorry.

If you don’t mind my asking, how much is a Zenphone 6 , USA or Canada ? BYOD?
    08-14-19 08:10 PM

What does the Zenfone 6 have in particular?

Genuinely curious
    08-14-19 08:17 PM
    If you don’t mind my asking, how much is a Zenphone 6 , USA or Canada ? BYOD?
    Price is the same at Asus, Amazon, and B&H. Availability varies.
    US:
    64 GB, 6 GB ram $499.99
    128 GB, 6 GB $549.99
    256 GB, 8 GB $599.99
    08-14-19 10:00 PM
    What does the Zenfone 6 have in particular?

Genuinely curious
    Off the top of my head:
    Dual SIM
    SD card to 2TB
    855 processor
    5000 ma battery
    Stereo speakers
    Android 9.0
    Flip camera (hopefully works)
    Pretty good reviews
    Not too expensive
    Not waterproof
    GSM only

I haven't received it yet, and haven't held one. I'm hoping it won't be too big and heavy. Except for the size, it seems to have most of the features I like.

Last edited by OTCHRussell; 08-14-19 at 10:24 PM.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    08-14-19 10:13 PM
    I own a BlackBerry Motion, and just got a Key2 LE to switch back and forth. The Motion is still a great device; it is basically as fast as it was on the first day of usage for me with regular resets every couple months.

However, I would not say that it is worth it to get it UNLESS you find it really cheap as in below $150 USD in a like new or new condition. The Motion simply is not worth the asking price that some of the sellers are asking for new.
    If you could find a Motion in a good condition, take comfort in knowing that it is a very rare BlackBerry branded slab phone that you will likely will not see anyone else carrying on the street.
    08-14-19 11:09 PM
    You won't get monthly updates on the Samsung devices though, and even then, I'm sure carriers will want a say too.

https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
    Not too sure what you mean by 'no monthly updates', my current back-up device is an A5 and I'm up to date to July 1 and Samsung released P for it to the carriers in June and my carrier is planning on releasing it "....any day now". Yeah P may be late but for an almost 2 year old device that wasn't supposed to get it, I'll take it.
    08-15-19 06:48 AM
    Not too sure what you mean by 'no monthly updates', my current back-up device is an A5 and I'm up to date to July 1 and Samsung released P for it to the carriers in June and my carrier is planning on releasing it "....any day now". Yeah P may be late but for an almost 2 year old device that wasn't supposed to get it, I'll take it.
    A50 has a quarterly schedule - much like flagships in their third year.
    08-15-19 06:53 AM
    A50 has a quarterly schedule - much like flagships in their third year.
    That might be true of the A50 but the A70 is getting the updates monthly and out of the two, that's the one I would choose as an alternative to the Motion. What I really don't like about Samsungs is all the useless bloat and that would edge me more to the Pixels.

EDIT: Just looked at the schedule and the A70 is listed as quarterly which is definitely not the experience my partner has had with hers
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 08-15-19 at 07:25 AM.
    08-15-19 07:04 AM
    Off the top of my head:
    Dual SIM
    SD card to 2TB
    855 processor
    5000 ma battery
    Stereo speakers
    Android 9.0
    Flip camera (hopefully works)
    Pretty good reviews
    Not too expensive
    Not waterproof
    GSM only

I haven't received it yet, and haven't held one. I'm hoping it won't be too big and heavy. Except for the size, it seems to have most of the features I like.

It also has a notification LED.

That might be true of the A50 but the A70 is getting the updates monthly and out of the two, that's the one I would choose as an alternative to the Motion. What I really don't like about Samsungs is all the useless bloat and that would edge me more to the Pixels.

EDIT: Just looked at the schedule and the A70 is listed as quarterly which is definitely not the experience my partner has had with hers
    Weird, that's confusing messaging by Samsung. Is the A70 a carrier device or factory unlocked?
    08-15-19 10:35 AM

Weird, that's confusing messaging by Samsung. Is the A70 a carrier device or factory unlocked?
    I suppose the minimum guarantee differs from what may actually occur from time to time.
    08-15-19 10:37 AM
    I suppose the minimum guarantee differs from what may actually occur from time to time.
    Yeah, in the opposite direction too. The Galaxy S10 is listed as a monthly device but I think Canadian variants only got the June update this month.
    08-15-19 10:46 AM

It's factory unlocked
    08-15-19 10:55 AM
    They said there is a Motion replacement pending further review. As for time frame, they couldn't comment of course.

Take it as a positive, the majority want full slab phones. And installing the BlackBerry suit onto a none BlackBerry phone doesn't feel the same as having it baked into the OS from the getgo.

I should know, Motion, Galaxy 7 and LGv2.
    When did this conversation take place? Thanks.
    08-17-19 09:38 AM
57 123