Liking the motion, but screen cracked and either have to spend $300 to get fixed (then no longer ip67), buy a new one, or cross my fingers I do not get front wet.
    I'd think hard on the last option if there was talk of a new one coming out.
    09-22-18 08:04 AM
    The rumour is that yes, there will be one. The Evolve is a different slab for a different country made by a different licensee.
    Don't hold your breath! maybe the best option is to get another Motion. for a bit more cash, you've got yourself a new one.
    09-22-18 08:19 AM
    But they are going out of stock. eg. eglobal central. Sold Out!
    still available from the blackberry eu store at a higher price
    09-22-18 08:22 AM
    Liking the motion, but screen cracked and either have to spend $300 to get fixed (then no longer ip67), buy a new one, or cross my fingers I do not get front wet.
    I'd think hard on the last option if there was talk of a new one coming out.
    Country.? If you got it from a carrier and have a protection plan . I paid $113 and it was sent back after I got the new one
    09-22-18 08:34 AM
    no protection plan....at@t user in USA. had to order from Amazon as AT&T does not carry. Think I'll add a screen protector to it, and play the waiting game for a new model. I cannot find a replacement as sold out on amazon.
    09-22-18 08:44 AM
    I really hope that some day.... I REPEAT.. some day BlackBerry will come out with the Motion #2 . or motion 2 with a real camera..
    I like the phone and it's size, but I do not liking the camera at all,
    I'm still carrying around my Z10 for a better resolution pictures tethering the Motion so I can send them to work....
    how long will this last???? Really don't know.. I had other crackberry members saying to buy a completely different phone... I really want the new slab with a decent camera doesn't have to be the top of the line ,but better than this
    09-22-18 08:59 AM
    The rumour is that yes, there will be one. The Evolve is a different slab for a different country made by a different licensee.
    Don't hold your breath! maybe the best option is to get another Motion. for a bit more cash, you've got yourself a new one.
    Attached Thumbnails Will there be a Motion 2?-54644.jpg  
    09-22-18 10:13 AM
    Not heard that rumour before.
    09-22-18 11:28 AM
    I really want the new slab with a decent camera doesn't have to be the top of the line ,but better than this
    I don't think TCL is quite there yet, the KEY2 is supposed to be the top of their line and they didn't get that 100% down, let alone further down the line.
    09-22-18 11:36 AM
    well, ordered an S8 active for now...closest I could find to a motion. 4000ma battery, and NO curved display. $500 nib factory sealed at+t. I'm gonna miss the motion, but don't wanna be dead in the water as I'm literally missing glass near my BlackBerry button.
    09-23-18 07:39 AM
    well, ordered an S8 active for now...closest I could find to a motion. 4000ma battery, and NO curved display. $500 nib factory sealed at+t. I'm gonna miss the motion, but don't wanna be dead in the water as I'm literally missing glass near my BlackBerry button.
    Even if there is a Motion like phone... think we are six months from seeing it.
    09-24-18 07:13 AM
    Yes agree with you unless BBMO allows Optiemus to sell outside Indian markets.
    09-24-18 09:23 AM
    I just wish AT&T didn't price the Active higher than the regular S8 back when I got my S8. It was brand new at the time, and was never included in any of the promotions.

Not a fan of the curved edges, and really wish there was a bit MORE bezel to hold the darned thing without constantly activating something on the screen.
    09-24-18 09:31 AM
    Optiemus needed BBMo... For Optiemus to design and build a custom PKB phone, would have been too costly on their own, with very little potential return.

BBMo... doesn't need Optiemus to come up with a SLAB phone. Some will say, look how cheap the Evolve is compared to the Motion. Well look how few bands and more importantly certifications the Evolve has. There is a cost for supporting all these markets...

Note I tried to go to Optiemus website... but it isn't secure.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-24-18 09:45 AM
    Note I tried to go to Optiemus website... but it isn't secure.
    It costs money for an SSL certificate too! Gotta pinch pennies everywhere you can!
    09-24-18 03:11 PM
    It costs money for an SSL certificate too! Gotta pinch pennies everywhere you can!
    Not even...
    09-24-18 03:32 PM
    That will never happen. Optiemus would have to sell through BBMo/TCL for the retail infrastructure. Perhaps BBMo/TCL would order and resell from Optiemus. Have they even delivered the Evolve to anyone yet or still a vapor phone?
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-24-18 04:39 PM
    Have they even delivered the Evolve to anyone yet or still a vapor phone?
    Still a vapor phone !! They announced for August release and then shifted to October.
    09-24-18 04:59 PM
    [QUOTE=Dunt Dunt Dunt;13284492 Note I tried to go to Optiemus website... but it isn't secure.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is a startling revelation.
    09-24-18 05:06 PM
    Wow that is a startling revelation.
    I don't know... it was down for over two months back in the spring. Did finally pop back up as a BBMo clone site.

To be honest I wonder if BlackBerry didn't give Optiemus an ultimatum to do "something" or loose their licensing deal with them... they were a month out from launching two phones in June of 2017.

I suspect Optiemus knows the market conditions...
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-25-18 07:43 AM
    Install the BlackBerry Suite and a Cobalt VKB and you will have a dream slab. Much better than a Motion IMHO.
    09-25-18 08:59 AM
    Absolutely agree.
    09-26-18 05:18 PM
    Optiemus decided to put more bands in the Evolve and allow TCL to sell it outside India. Hence the delay. Anyway...wishful thinking.
    09-27-18 07:34 PM
    Optiemus decided to put more bands in the Evolve and allow TCL to sell it outside India. Hence the delay. Anyway...wishful thinking.
    The way BB gave everyone the plans for the KEYone, the Evolve is delayed as they update slab plans from the infamous Z50 that everyone waited for.. soon
    09-27-18 07:59 PM
    Omg don't even tease!!! You don't want to know how much I'd be willing to pay for a North American LTE supported dual Sim Evolve X!
    09-27-18 08:25 PM
79 123 ...