Install the BlackBerry Suite and a Cobalt VKB and you will have a dream slab. Much better than a Motion IMHO.
    That's my LG V30 setup. Love it!
    09-27-18 09:19 PM
    Optiemus decided to put more bands in the Evolve and allow TCL to sell it outside India. Hence the delay. Anyway...wishful thinking.
    They do have some ads on Amazon.in... so it coming soon.

Apparently it will also be an Amazon.in exclusive too. So no carriers or retailers to go take a look at it first.
    09-28-18 10:59 AM
    Liking the motion, but screen cracked and either have to spend $300 to get fixed (then no longer ip67), buy a new one, or cross my fingers I do not get front wet.
    I'd think hard on the last option if there was talk of a new one coming out.
    You can get cracked screen fixed for $100
    09-28-18 11:07 AM
    They do have some ads on Amazon.in... so it coming soon.

Apparently it will also be an Amazon.in exclusive too. So no carriers or retailers to go take a look at it first.
    So, are you saying they're putting more bands in it for use outside of Asian market? I mean, I was totally kidding with my post. Really was just wishful thinking.
    09-28-18 03:24 PM
    So, are you saying they're putting more bands in it for use outside of Asian market? I mean, I was totally kidding with my post. Really was just wishful thinking.
    Amazon.in is Amazon India....

I'm not saying anything about them selling outside of where Optiemus has a licensing arrangement already.
    10-01-18 09:58 AM
    That's my LG V30 setup. Love it!
    What’s the BlackBerry suite?
    01-07-19 06:09 PM
    What’s the BlackBerry suite?
    BlackBerry apps minus the VKB available on Google Play for 99 cents US per month. I like the cobalt VKB but I like do do things legal and supported these days.
    01-07-19 07:48 PM
    I find the Motion quite a great daily driver and just hope an upgrade is ready when 5G truly available and widespread. I'm satisfied until then.
    01-07-19 08:06 PM
    A few of us are looking for a Motion 2 upgrade. 2 coming off a Samsung, 1 off the Priv and 1 coming off the Keyone.
    Can't wait.
    01-10-19 11:37 AM
    With all these new phones coming out with more screen area (holes now instead of notches - blah), and becoming even less "hold-able", I'm even more desperate to find a phone with edges that you can actually grab on to.

Why do I have to sacrifice ergonomics just because I want a slab phone?

If there is no future Motion 2, Jitterbug makes a slab phone now. Might check them out.
    01-10-19 01:49 PM
    I now have OnePlus 6T with Blackberry suite and Pie and it is so so much better and faster than anything I'd had before .... Loved my Z30, DTek 60 was OK after self battery change but was abandoned as was I as a Blackberry fan. Thought I'd try a Motion for comfort and had it 2 months before I dropped it in Car park and screen was badly cracked ... The insurance I had deemed the Motion was beyond economic repair - strange as they still have them at CarPhone Warehouse in UK and the insurance paid the purchase price I paid for it).

Really thought hard and ummed and arghhed ....whilst using my old DTek60. Took a chance on OnePlus 6T and it and the Oxygen Android is so good. Strange as I had hoped to use the Motion for a while longer but perhaps the drop was meant to be.
    01-12-19 01:39 PM
    I now have OnePlus 6T with Blackberry suite and Pie and it is so so much better and faster than anything I'd had before .... Loved my Z30, DTek 60 was OK after self battery change but was abandoned as was I as a Blackberry fan. Thought I'd try a Motion for comfort and had it 2 months before I dropped it in Car park and screen was badly cracked ... The insurance I had deemed the Motion was beyond economic repair - strange as they still have them at CarPhone Warehouse in UK and the insurance paid the purchase price I paid for it).

Really thought hard and ummed and arghhed ....whilst using my old DTek60. Took a chance on OnePlus 6T and it and the Oxygen Android is so good. Strange as I had hoped to use the Motion for a while longer but perhaps the drop was meant to be.
    Sounds like you made a solid choice and if you're happy then that's what counts the most... using BlackBerry suite on my P20 Pro w/o issue as well. Probably for the difference paid you've gained a lot more in terms of specs, and future proofing yourself for a bit longer than if you had stuck with the Motion.
    01-12-19 04:56 PM
    if it coming up motion 2 ,it will 5G Mobile networks ,RAM 6,10 GB,storage 64 ,128GB and CPU 2.8GHZ.
    01-13-19 04:15 AM
    if it coming up motion 2 ,it will 5G Mobile networks ,RAM 6,10 GB,storage 64 ,128GB and CPU 2.8GHZ.
    Someone's dreaming Got to remember we're talking BBMo/TCL here.
    01-13-19 11:31 AM
    $1,500 USD too with folding version, $2,200 USD if paying in advance via PayPal immediately...
    01-13-19 11:52 AM
    Someone's dreaming Got to remember we're talking BBMo/TCL here.
    Why dreaming, Evolve X comes with 6 gb ram, 64 gb internal storage , 4000 mHa battery, wireless charging , sd 660 chipset,
    Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260, fingerprint and facial recognition, dual sim and so on .....happy to dream.....especially since the suggested price is around 400 us dollars .....oh I forgot it won't work in the USA ....but it does in the UK 😁
    01-13-19 12:50 PM
    Why dreaming, Evolve X comes with 6 gb ram, 64 gb internal storage , 4000 mHa battery, wireless charging , sd 660 chipset,
    Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260, fingerprint and facial recognition, dual sim and so on .....happy to dream.....especially since the suggested price is around 400 us dollars .....oh I forgot it won't work in the USA ....but it does in the UK ������
    Unless TCL moves out and Optiemus moves in can't see it happening for quite some time if at all.

Don't think The Evolve X is even available yet is it? And the "expected" price(s) I've seen says it'll be closer to the $524 US ($693 CAD) range, if that is the case there's better alternatives IMHO and there's no need to import... I'm not tied to any brand so we're good to go.
    01-13-19 03:11 PM
    Unless TCL moves out and Optiemus moves in can't see it happening for quite some time if at all.

Don't think The Evolve X is even available yet is it? And the "expected" price(s) I've seen says it'll be closer to the $524 US ($693 CAD) range, if that is the case there's better alternatives IMHO and there's no need to import... I'm not tied to any brand so we're good to go.
    The Evolve X has been launched but not released. It is expected to release this month however there is no official confirmation. As to the Price it is nearer 400 us dollars than the 524 us dollars you mention .

Not sure I understand the meaning of your opening post regarding TCL/ Optiemus

And my post was in response to your "dreaming" quip
    01-13-19 03:48 PM
    The Evolve X has been launched but not released. It is expected to release this month however there is no official confirmation. As to the Price it is nearer 400 us dollars than the 524 us dollars you mention .

Serious question. I thought it went “announced” (name and specs), “launched” (taking pre-orders) and “released” (shipping and real-time purchases) for devices. Did Evolve X open for pre-order?
    01-13-19 03:56 PM
    I was just double checking ....the X was launched on the same day as the Evolve in August 2018 . ( Optiemus handed out physical devices to the press) so the X exists.
    The Evolve was released in September via Amazon India. I am guessing there was no option to pre order either device.

Pure speculation on my part with no factual evidence or any rumour bound theories but I am just wondering with Pie having been released already , would that be reason to delay the release of the X ? Again this is just a thought and is without any foundation or knowledge ....
    01-13-19 04:18 PM

All the sites I frequented pegged it at the higher pricing so guess we'll see.

My initial "dreaming" quip was in regards to a Motion 2 which in all likelihood would have to be created by TCL, I'm saying they won't. So if the rest of the world wants something like the Evolve X then Optiemus would need to take over TCL's position and maybe a higher spec'd slab of similar nature would evolve... see what I did there

PS... The Evolve is showing on Amazon.in at a discount $293US ($389CAD), down from $426US ($565CAD). Is this indicative of what the pricing strategy will be for the X I dunno.
    01-13-19 04:23 PM
    34,999 rupees is £349 equivalent hence at the current rate of exchange it is closer to us dollars 400 than the figure you quoted. The rupee price is as suggested and advised by Optiemus.

With respect your dreaming quip was in response to a post which suggested certain specifications that the poster would ideally like to see in a new device and your answer was " someone has been dreaming again "

This in turn prompted my post to advise that in fact " those dream specs" were in fact a possibility and not just a dream .

There was no mention of TCL in your post .( Edit just Re read your post and see you mention TCL) Blackberry Limited has licenced the use of their name to 3 organisations. All devices bearing the name Blackberry will incorporate their software and security protocols.

Unless you work for TCL I respectfully suggest you are in no position to say that TCL "won't" release a Motion 2 or a new VKB device .

There is no need for Optiemus to "step in" if the rest of the world wants something like the Evolve X as the device will work outside of India just as the Evolve does ( post being typed using Evolve in the UK) therefore there is no need to dream ...see what I did there ? 😎
    01-13-19 04:40 PM
    34,999 rupees is £349 equivalent hence at the current rate of exchange it is closer to us dollars 400 than the figure you quoted. The rupee price is as suggested and advised by Optiemus.

With respect your dreaming quip was in response to a post which suggested certain specifications that the poster would ideally like to see in a new device and your answer was " someone has been dreaming again "

This in turn prompted my post to advise that in fact " those dream specs" were in fact a possibility and not just a dream .

There was no mention of TCL in your post .( Edit just Re read your post and see you mention TCL) Blackberry Limited has licenced the use of their name to 3 organisations. All devices bearing the name Blackberry will incorporate their software and security protocols.

Unless you work for TCL I respectfully suggest you are in no position to say that TCL "won't" release a Motion 2 or a new VKB device .

There is no need for Optiemus to "step in" if the rest of the world wants something like the Evolve X as the device will work outside of India just as the Evolve does ( post being typed using Evolve in the UK) therefore there is no need to dream ...see what I did there ? 😎
    34999 INR is equal to 500 USD +/- 5 USD as of today. Irrespective, Evolve X looks very promising and hopefully Optiemus would have taken on board the issues of overheating in Evolve and fixed all of them to deliver a much better performing Evolve X. Unofficial ordering date as per a retailer who carries Evolve in their stores in India is 31st January. Can't wait! Unfortunately I couldn't get my Motion's swelled battery fixed and now waiting to shift to Evolve X desperately.
    01-13-19 10:36 PM
    34999 INR is equal to 500 USD +/- 5 USD as of today. Irrespective, Evolve X looks very promising and hopefully Optiemus would have taken on board the issues of overheating in Evolve and fixed all of them to deliver a much better performing Evolve X. Unofficial ordering date as per a retailer who carries Evolve in their stores in India is 31st January. Can't wait! Unfortunately I couldn't get my Motion's swelled battery fixed and now waiting to shift to Evolve X desperately.
    What overheating issues does the Evolve suffer from ? My device has not overheated.
    The last update improved the camera significantly and the overall performance. As to the Price I guess it depends on exchange rates and the method in which one conducts the transaction

On a different point , you said you were unable to get the battery fixed on your Motion. Did the authorised service centre not offer to replace the battery at a cost?
    01-14-19 12:18 AM
    What overheating issues does the Evolve suffer from ? My device has not overheated.
    The last update improved the camera significantly and the overall performance. As to the Price I guess it depends on exchange rates and the method in which one conducts the transaction

On a different point , you said you were unable to get the battery fixed on your Motion. Did the authorised service centre not offer to replace the battery at a cost?
    Evolve has had overheating issues right from the time it was launched. First hand feedback from a friend who picked it in the first week of being available on amazon and from various reviews on Amazon.in. Good for you if your device doesn't has these issues.

Price of Evolve X - which ever way you calculate or transact, 34999 INR will not be less than 495 USD based on last six months' currency exchange rates till date. And I believe it is a fair price. Some initial discounts and offers are also anticipated.

Could not get the Motion fixed anywhere in India, since it was never launched in India. BBMO India and Global cited this as the reason. Had bought it from Axiom in UAE, who when contacted, directed me to BB UAE who don't have a replacement battery available as of now.
    01-14-19 09:28 PM
79 1234