Bla1ze!!!!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 05:20 PM
    Let's all feign surprise. Freedom Mobile is such a small blip on the Canadian wireless landscape, people really need to stop asking 'will it come to Freedom' and just start asking for more band 66 support from OEM's so you can take the devices to Freedom.
    Bla1ze. You do realize what you're saying here..... BlackBerry also represents only a "blip" in global mobile phone sales.... and yet CrackBerry exists? Are you saying none of us should push for a better BlackBerry?

Freedom customers are roughly 7-8% of Canada's mobile customers. That's far greater than the number of BlackBerry users. Freedom represents a large enough contingent that it should matter. Moreover, Freedom is also the only telecom company that is a greed-driven monster like the other 3. Lastly, they also share many similarities with the philosophies/ethos of a company called RIM.. so yes. We should care.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 05:35 PM
    Bla1ze. You do realize what you're saying here..... BlackBerry also represents only a "blip" in global mobile phone sales.... and yet CrackBerry exists? Are you saying none of us should push for a better BlackBerry?
    Did you even read what I wrote? Do YOU realize what I'm saying? Here, let me emphasize it for you.

Freedom Mobile is such a small blip on the Canadian wireless landscape, people really need to stop asking 'will it come to Freedom' and just start asking for more band 66 support from OEM's so you can take the devices to Freedom.
    'start asking for more band 66 support from OEM's' <-- That OEM would be BlackBerry Mobile making your

Are you saying none of us should push for a better BlackBerry?
    Comment irrelevant and totally not what I stated all, in fact, I said the complete opposite of what you implied. Hold BlackBerry Mobile and every other OEM accountable, make them include support for it and whether or not a device comes to Freedom Mobile will be a non-issue, all devices would support it making it easier on consumers.

Sidenote: If you think Freedom Mobile isn't as greedy as any of the others you must not be aware they are owned by Shaw Communications. Trust me, they're just as greedy. They just happen to be better at spreading it out over time. That makes it less blatant.
    10-11-17 05:38 PM
    Did you even read what I wrote? Do YOU realize what I'm saying? Here, let me emphasize it for you.

'start asking for more band 66 support from OEM's' <-- That OEM would be BlackBerry Mobile making your

Comment irrelevant and totally not what I stated all, in fact, I said the complete opposite of what you implied. Hold BlackBerry Mobile and every other OEM accountable, make them include support for it and whether or not a device comes to Freedom Mobile will be a non-issue, all devices would support it making it easier on consumers.

Sidenote: If you think Freedom Mobile isn't as greedy as any of the others you must not be aware they are owned by Shaw Communications. Trust me, they're just as greedy. They just happen to be better at spreading it out over time. That makes it less blatant.
    Bla1ze, you clearly don't know Freedom. They aren't really able to support BYOD. Technically you could bring them any phone with AWS band 66 or their 3G 1900 band, but most often the phones won't work properly, if at all. This is a known issue, which they are quite open about. And one that I've know first hand for years.

Think of it like native vs non-native apps. Non-native apps sometimes will work, but not really as well or as reliably as native apps.

So your solution unfortunately is not a good one. What Freedom customers want is real support from Freedom/BBmobile.

Regarding your side note: I'm not ignorant to the fact that corporations main concern is their bottom line, but Freedom has only been owned by Shaw for a short while, and as a customer for over 5 years I can tell you that little has changed. They still offer the most competitive plans and superior customer service. If you don't trust me, look at every consumer report. The strangle hold that the big 3 have on the Canadian telecom industry is abhorrent. And Freedom is really one of the only major options (at least in urban centres).

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 06:24 PM
    Bla1ze, you clearly don't know Freedom. They aren't really able to support BYOD. Technically you could bring them any phone with AWS band 66 or their 3G 1900 band, but most often the phones won't work properly, if at all. This is a known issue, which they are quite open about. And one that I've know first hand for years.
    I'm glad we could get to the real meat and potatoes here. You just cleared up your own comment which started this whole post.

I doubt it will. Because BlackBerry doesn't seem to get wide distribution in Canada. But would like to know if it will come to Freedom Mobile.

It appears as though it has Freedom's LTE - band 66. So I don't see why not.
    So you took shots at BlackBerry but really, it's a Freedom Mobile AND BlackBerry issue. A seemingly well-known one on Freedom's side since the support is there for Band 66 on the Motion.

PS: You're right, I'm not deeply informed about Freedom. They don't serve Atlantic Canada and likely never will. Rogers, Bell and TELUS run the show around here.
    10-11-17 06:33 PM

Think of it like native vs non-native apps. Non-native apps sometimes will work, but not really as well or as reliably as native apps.

So your solution unfortunately is not a good one. What Freedom customers want is real support from Freedom/BBmobile.

Regarding your side note: I'm not ignorant to the fact that corporations main concern is their bottom line, but Freedom has only been owned by Shaw for a short while, and as a customer for over 5 years I can tell you that little has changed. They still offer the most competitive plans and superior customer service. If you don't trust me, look at every consumer report. The strangle hold that the big 3 have on the Canadian telecom industry is abhorrent. And Freedom is really one of the only major options (at least in urban centres).

Posted via CB10
    Freedom's issues with WiFi calling on B66 stem from their own software not being compatible with most devices not sold through their own store, some in the industry have suggested this could be a way for them to get past the unlocking rule changes due to come into effect in 2018. Odd how no other carrier, ie T-Mobile LTE doesn't have the same issues with implementing B66 BYOD devices. I've dealt with this company since early 2010 and knew Lacavera, and if you think Freedom's all sweetness and light and are out to save the Canadian mobile industry from itself then, boy, do you have a surprise coming.

P.S. They have no such issues with their AWS-1 network. If the device is GSM 1900 and unlocked it will work.
    10-11-17 06:39 PM
    Thanks for clarifying where their issue stems from. Yeah, it does seem rather suspect.

I'm not blind to their ultimate intensions. But currently they do provide the most competitive rates. And anything that takes a piece out of the greedy hands of bell, Rogers and Telus is fine by me.

All this said, if Freedom really wanted BlackBerry phones they would make it happen. They seem very keen on Android phones and are up to date with Samsung's line and the new Pixels. So there's really nothing stopping them. And I think if BlackBerry/mobile etc hadn't botched their product launches for so many years, and would push harder to ensure all the carriers carried their phones then Freedom would follow suit.

Right now access to unlocked BlackBerry phones in Canada is hard to come by.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 07:57 PM
    Thanks for clarifying where their issue stems from. Yeah, it does seem rather suspect.

I'm not blind to their ultimate intensions. But currently they do provide the most competitive rates. And anything that takes a piece out of the greedy hands of bell, Rogers and Telus is fine by me.

All this said, if Freedom really wanted BlackBerry phones they would make it happen. They seem very keen on Android phones and are up to date with Samsung's line and the new Pixels. So there's really nothing stopping them. And I think if BlackBerry/mobile etc hadn't botched their product launches for so many years, and would push harder to ensure all the carriers carried their phones then Freedom would follow suit.

Right now access to unlocked BlackBerry phones in Canada is hard to come by.

Posted via CB10
    That's because carrier relationships need to be repaired and selling factory unlocked devices is counterproductive to and with that objective.
    10-11-17 08:17 PM
33 12