I doubt it will. Because BlackBerry doesn't seem to get wide distribution in Canada. But would like to know if it will come to Freedom Mobile.

It appears as though it has Freedom's LTE - band 66. So I don't see why not.

But I would like some confirmation.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 07:01 PM
    I think you can safely assume that Freedom won't carry the BlackBerry Motion, but it should work on their network.
    10-09-17 07:12 PM
    Does Freedom Mobile carry the KEYone in Canada?
    10-09-17 07:29 PM
    Does Freedom Mobile carry the KEYone in Canada?
    I think the last BlackBerry phone they carried was the Leap.
    10-09-17 08:42 PM
    I think the last BlackBerry phone they carried was the Leap.
    They carried the DTEK 50. I think that they still might.
    10-09-17 09:29 PM
    I doubt it will. Because BlackBerry doesn't seem to get wide distribution in Canada. But would like to know if it will come to Freedom Mobile.

It appears as though it has Freedom's LTE - band 66. So I don't see why not.

But I would like some confirmation.

Posted via CB10
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ was released through all major Canadian carriers at launch.

After some exclusivity, it became available at Walmart, Staples, and many other smaller online retailers.

"Doesn't seem to get wide distribution" ?
    10-09-17 09:33 PM
    There is a chance.

The only phones they will sell now are ones with band 66.

If it's priced as a mid-range, max $500, I could see them carrying it.

KeyOne didn't make the cut because it doesn't have Band 66.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 09:46 PM
    There is a chance.

The only phones they will sell now are ones with band 66.

If it's priced as a mid-range, max $500, I could see them carrying it.

KeyOne didn't make the cut because it doesn't have Band 66.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it supports band 66.

No, it won't be under $500. High 500s maybe.
    10-09-17 10:00 PM
    Conite. Wrong again. The KeyOne wasn't release through all carriers. Freedom never received it. And Telus only released it through the business stores or online.

Also, most stores were only given 2-3 phones so they sold out pretty quickly and then didn't restock for months.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 06:20 AM
    Conite. Wrong again. The KeyOne wasn't release through all carriers. Freedom never received it.
    Read my post again. I wrote "major" carriers.
    10-10-17 06:22 AM
    My guess is $650-699 CAD. BlackBerry seems to think people will be impressed by the phone if it's expensive.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 06:22 AM
    The KeyOne launch in Canada was a joke. It barely made it to the "major" carriers. Didn't make it to the smaller ones. Then 4 months later they accidentally released it unlocked with Walmart at the wrong price. And then shipped people Dtek 60s. It took about 5months for the KeyOne to really be available in Canada. And by then it was already outdated and people had moved on.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 06:26 AM
    My guess is $650-699 CAD. BlackBerry seems to think people will be impressed by the phone if it's expensive.

Posted via CB10
    First off, it's BlackBerry Mobile.

Second, you will be pleasantly surprised then. It will be in the 500s.
    10-10-17 06:29 AM
    The KeyOne launch in Canada was a joke. It barely made it to the "major" carriers. Didn't make it to the smaller ones. Then 4 months later they accidentally released it unlocked with Walmart at the wrong price. And then shipped people Dtek 60s. It took about 5months for the KeyOne to really be available in Canada. And by then it was already outdated and people had moved on.

Posted via CB10
    Having difficulty keeping up with demand is a problem many companies would like to have. I'm sure TCL would be the first to agree that they wished they could have produced more units to accommodate the unexpected demand.
    Last edited by conite; 10-10-17 at 09:33 AM.
    10-10-17 06:31 AM
    Conite.

1) Don't be pedantic. BBMOBILE and TCL have followed BlackBerry's philosophy of overcharging to give the impression of being premium.

2) they don't actually send many phones to Canada. That's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 09:05 AM
    Conite.

1) Don't be pedantic. BBMOBILE and TCL have followed BlackBerry's philosophy of overcharging to give the impression of being premium.

Posted via CB10
    Seems like they're are plenty available through carriers they've partnered up with. They've decided to embrace the successful OEM model that keeps their primary customer(the carrier) happy and moves the most devices based on past history for current Android/IOS devices.
    10-10-17 09:16 AM
    Conite.

Posted via CB10
    [Citations please]
    10-10-17 09:34 AM
    Not coming to Freedom. Spoke with head office today. Likely will only be available through Bell. And BlueShop unlocked.

What great availability.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 06:14 PM
    Who told you only Bell? At this point, I don't think anyone really knows, do they?
    10-10-17 10:20 PM
    Who told you only Bell? At this point, I don't think anyone really knows, do they?
    I know. And soon, you will too lol.
    10-11-17 09:36 AM
    Not coming to Freedom.
    Let's all feign surprise. Freedom Mobile is such a small blip on the Canadian wireless landscape, people really need to stop asking 'will it come to Freedom' and just start asking for more band 66 support from OEM's so you can take the devices to Freedom.
    10-11-17 09:36 AM
    I know. And soon, you will too lol.
    OMG!!!!!! Bla1ze quoted me. I can't wait to show my kids, the middle schoolers. They go on and on and on about this blogger and that blogger on YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat.

Oh, wait a minute... They're not going to appreciate this.. Will they??

I'll post this on Facebook and show the wife.... Ummmm...... She gave up her BlackBerry years ago while never using CrackBerry. Ummmm..

Never mind. Thanks Bla1ze...... Now back to our regular scheduled threads.......
    10-11-17 11:53 AM
    Not coming to Freedom. Spoke with head office today. Likely will only be available through Bell. And BlueShop unlocked.

What great availability.

Posted via CB10
    Relax, when you come down to Florida, I'll buy you a Molson and PBR. The Molson to be nice and the PBR to hear you complain that I don't serve the good stuff to Canadians.
    10-11-17 11:57 AM
    WIND at one point had an excellent working relationship with BB but somewhere along the line it soured.

Since the Playbook launch, WIND/Freedom haven't priced a single BB sensibly, over charging to the point that made them more expensive than anyone else for unsubsidised devices. They carried the Leap for $399 right up to sending them back even when outlets were selling them for, and MSRP was, $279. The DTEK50, the last BB device they attempted to sell, was $75 more than the next expensive retailer and there was never any promotion or sales training.

Why would you want Freedom to sell the Motion? They'd only charge you too much and not be able to back it up at their stores. You'd be better off BYOD-ing one and purchasing from Amazon or where-ever.
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 10-11-17 at 05:18 PM.
    10-11-17 05:04 PM

What great availability.

Posted via CB10
    I used to do a lot of business with Freedom at Queen's Quay and the people I spoke to today have no idea if they're getting it or not. There are feelers out there but neither TCL nor Freedom/Shaw have made any decision as to whether they'll sell it or not.

If I were a gambling man, which I'm not, I'd say the odds are they won't because of the disastrous experiences of the past which are mostly WIND's/Freedom's fault of poor marketing and over-pricing, but if TCL can satisfactorily incentivise it, throw some decent promotional assistance their way, or tie it in with a future Alcatel purchase somehow, then you never know. Strange, Freedom has treated Alcatel with more respect than they've shown BlackBerry over the 5+ years or so.
    10-11-17 05:12 PM
33 12