FYI, ThatGuyUSA is over here on my side of the state. I don't think I've ever checked my unlocked devices specifically to check all features on AT&T but I know mobile hotspot is good on my DTEK.
    Hey...hey......I’m on the good side of the bay. Lol
    02-10-18 04:25 PM
    The problem is that the toggle switch to turn on WFC on my Motion is there and it wasn't there on my PRIV either. The toggle to enable the Hotspot is there Motion but I can't actually turn it in. When I slide it, it doesn't move. No hotspot problems on the PRIV
    I will call my AT&T rep Monday, to get to the bottom of this and report back.
    02-10-18 04:26 PM
    I will call my AT&T rep Monday, to get to the bottom of this and report back.
    Any info would be helpful, thanks!
    02-10-18 05:24 PM
    Now you went and got him all riled up.........

We're just simple folk on my side of the the bay. Not like them fancy beach people across the bridge.......

LOL
    02-10-18 05:29 PM
    Now you went and got him all riled up.........

We're just simple folk on my side of the the bay. Not like them fancy beach people across the bridge.......

LOL
    I lived in Panama City for a bit. You folks but the bay are big time!
    02-10-18 05:45 PM
    I lived in Panama City for a bit. You folks but the bay are big time!
    ThatGuyUSA is just hurt the Rays are moving over to my area..... LOL

Everyone can still come and visit..... We've always had the Bucs and Lightning....
    02-10-18 05:50 PM
    The issue here is not blackberry. The issue here is AT&T refusing wifi calling to unlocked Android devices. I you have an unlocked Note8, V30, BB, or any other unlocked Android, you won't get wifi calling on AT&T. If you have an unlocked Iphone, you will get it. Yes, it's unfair, but that's the way it is.
    I'm on T-mobile, and have numerous unlocked Android devices, and wifi calling works perfect. It's the carrier.
    It’s really the same thing for Verizon too. An unlocked gsm iPhone can get volte and WiFi calling provisioned.
    02-10-18 05:50 PM
    You think that would work? Trick the provisions to the sim card then put it back in my Motion?
    Doesn't work, several of us tried with AT&T Privs, swapping into Factory unlocked Priv's. The SIM phone combo sends the phone IMEI to AT&T and their servers promptly block all Enhanced LTE functions.
    As tickerguy said above, only devices with IMEI's whitelisted by AT&T can receive the services.
    It's nothing to do with AT&T's network, it's a business decision by AT&T to only grant those services to devices purchased from AT&T.
    02-10-18 09:43 PM
    Doesn't work, several of us tried with AT&T Privs, swapping into Factory unlocked Priv's. The SIM phone combo sends the phone IMEI to AT&T and their servers promptly block all Enhanced LTE functions.
    As tickerguy said above, only devices with IMEI's whitelisted by AT&T can receive the services.
    It's nothing to do with AT&T's network, it's a business decision by AT&T to only grant those services to devices purchased from AT&T.
    Looks like it worked for some and not others; I still haven't been able to find the decoder ring on that one. I still plan to give it a try if I can find a cheap enough device.
    02-10-18 09:50 PM
    Looks like it worked for some and not others
    Not too sure about that, it may work for a few minutes, or maybe a few days. Or maybe AT&T's servers are not provisioned properly in a few areas.
    Mobile hotspots are not E-LTE, so in theory, that should work, no matter where you bought the phone.
    02-10-18 09:57 PM
    interesting conversation. I haven't ever tried WFC because I haven't had any coverage problems with AT&T where I live. I will have to see if it works on my unlocked Dteks.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    02-11-18 07:32 AM
    The Hotspot function didn't originally work on the DTEK60 with AT&T but they eventually allowed that one through. In MOST cases Hotspot will work on unbranded devices, but not all. WFC and VoLTE/IMS, nope nope and nope again and it won't change until executives start going to prison.
    02-11-18 10:12 AM
    The Hotspot function didn't originally work on the DTEK60 with AT&T but they eventually allowed that one through. In MOST cases Hotspot will work on unbranded devices, but not all. WFC and VoLTE/IMS, nope nope and nope again and it won't change until executives start going to prison.
    Prison for what? On what grounds could you criminally prosecute? What actual criminal or civil laws are broken?
    02-11-18 10:50 AM
    Prison for what? On what grounds could you criminally prosecute? What actual criminal or civil laws are broken?
    Prison may be well deserved but a bit overkill. I'm no legal guy so I don't know if this anti-trust thing would stick. I just all devices on the same network to be treated equally regardless if they were purchased from AT&T or not.
    portplayer likes this.
    02-11-18 11:31 AM
    Anti-trust is both a criminal and civil violation of the law in the United States; see 15 US Chapter 1.

Tied sales, where one is coerced to buy from one vendor rather than another in order to obtain the tied product or service, is one example of same. IBM got in trouble for this decades ago and was forced to allow their software to run on Amdahl's mainframes, which they originally tried to prohibit (along with detecting third-party peripherals such as memory and disk drives and refusing to allow those to work as well.)

I made a fair bit of money putting third-party peripherals and memory boards in VAXen quite a while back which DEC would have loved to prohibit but couldn't due to anti-trust law.
    portplayer likes this.
    02-11-18 11:37 AM
    Anti-trust is both a criminal and civil violation of the law in the United States; see 15 US Chapter 1.

Tied sales, where one is coerced to buy from one vendor rather than another in order to obtain the tied product or service, is one example of same. IBM got in trouble for this decades ago and was forced to allow their software to run on Amdahl's mainframes, which they originally tried to prohibit (along with detecting third-party peripherals such as memory and disk drives and refusing to allow those to work as well.)

I made a fair bit of money putting third-party peripherals and memory boards in VAXen quite a while back which DEC would have loved to prohibit but couldn't due to anti-trust law.
    I am talking to a legal team to see what options I have. I wanted to take the dispute route to a logical conclusion before I went any further. I owe them a call this week and we'll see where this goes. AT&T is a big monster and there is language in their terms and conditions that look like an attempt to prevent customers from taking legal action. I don't know if that itself is legal but I'm willing to sling a rock at Goliath if it helps out the masses. I'm tired of large corporations pushing around everyone just because no one will speak up.
    portplayer likes this.
    02-11-18 01:17 PM
    Well I spoke to our company rep this Sunday and she told me the following. Phones not registered but having one of our SIM cards will not have access to all features.i went further and grabbed a friends unlocked KeyOne put in my AT&T sim phone came on no WiFi calling. Put it into my registered with AT&T KeyOne (never locked to any network) and it worked.
    02-11-18 02:10 PM
    Well I spoke to our company rep this Sunday and she told me the following. Phones not registered but having one of our SIM cards will not have access to all features.i went further and grabbed a friends unlocked KeyOne put in my AT&T sim phone came on no WiFi calling. Put it into my registered with AT&T KeyOne (never locked to any network) and it worked.
    I think I'm not fully understanding "registered". Is that the same as locked/unlocked to a carrier?
    02-11-18 02:26 PM
    I think I'm not fully understanding "registered". Is that the same as locked/unlocked to a carrier?
    No she is talking about putting a SIM card into an unlocked phone, but not registering the IME number with the carrier. The phone will work but the system will see a mismatched IME
    02-11-18 02:28 PM
    ThatGuyUSA is just hurt the Rays are moving over to my area..... LOL

Everyone can still come and visit..... We've always had the Bucs and Lightning....
    Shocking I tell you Shocking!
    02-11-18 02:31 PM
    No she is talking about putting a SIM card into an unlocked phone, but not registering the IME number with the carrier. The phone will work but the system will see a mismatched IME
    Got it. With my Motion specifically, the tech support rep on the phone was having a problem registering the IMEI. He said he was getting an error that would only provision the phone to a 2G network which AT&T no longer supports. I went to an AT&T store and got a new sim, I think that solved the registration issue but still no wifi hotspot or WFC. I'm pressing the "I believe button" when I was told that the network needs to be updated to support hotspot for the Motion since it was just recently released. Not sure about WFC though.
    02-11-18 02:34 PM
    Got it. With my Motion specifically, the tech support rep on the phone was having a problem registering the IMEI. He said he was getting an error that would only provision the phone to a 2G network which AT&T no longer supports. I went to an AT&T store and got a new sim, I think that solved the registration issue but still no wifi hotspot or WFC. I'm pressing the "I believe button" when I was told that the network needs to be updated to support hotspot for the Motion since it was just recently released. Not sure about WFC though.
    I also think sometimes the CSR’s don’t set the phone up correctly and then it’s a mess to fix.

Even though I am retired and my sons run the company, I can access things in AT&T through our corporate account if I can help in any way just ask.
    02-11-18 02:38 PM
    I also think sometimes the CSR’s don’t set the phone up correctly and then it’s a mess to fix.

Even though I am retired and my sons run the company, I can access things in AT&T through our corporate account if I can help in any way just ask.
    I appreciate the offer but I don't know what to ask for. I think I've done everything I could to resolve this problem. I called tech support, I went to a store, reached out through the dispute channel, and still nothing. It baffles me that some unlocked devices, like yours, have no problems accessing enhanced features while others are blocked. I just want my device to work the way it was designed to. I'm happy to share any details you think you need about my device if you think it would be helpful.
    02-11-18 02:56 PM
    I appreciate the offer but I don't know what to ask for. I think I've done everything I could to resolve this problem. I called tech support, I went to a store, reached out through the dispute channel, and still nothing. It baffles me that some unlocked devices, like yours, have no problems accessing enhanced features while others are blocked. I just want my device to work the way it was designed to. I'm happy to share any details you think you need about my device if you think it would be helpful.
    I will find a corporate number for you to call and pass it along, they may be able to help
    02-11-18 02:59 PM
    Thanks for walking me through this. Your responses have been educational and helpful.
    02-11-18 03:18 PM
105 12345