Instead of giving it a name meant for pride of its heratige and past, or a name based upon how long this phones battery will last, why not give it a name that is easily marketable and not awkward. The keyone is at least marketable and has a name meant for longevity (such as keytwo and so forth) and is a simple name that has no underlining meaning besides it's physical appearance (having a physical keyboard vs it being some emotional throughback to the companies past which is what got BlackBerry in its position it's in today, It's emotional pride)
    10-07-17 01:08 PM
    Simple is better for marketing something is what I am getting at.
    10-07-17 01:09 PM
    So you're saying Motion isn't simple but KEYone is? While there were many factors that went into the KEYone name, the biggest was because of its simplicity and it required no need for translation across different regions. I suspect Motion is the same. Everyone likes to think the names have this truly deeper meaning when in reality, it comes down to what got drawn out of the hat, is easily translatable and isn't already trademarked.
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-07-17 01:21 PM
    RIM , so motion. I like Krypton as it seems to stand out and seems more unique. It would be as international as Motion in theory.
    Name choice is important. There are reasons why Spanish brands Bimbo bread and Bonka coffee aren't sold to the UK ;-)
    phuoc likes this.
    10-07-17 01:59 PM
    They could call it the "Belching Brick" for all I care. The name would never please everyone. I'm just glad that in 2017, I have another BlackBerry slab to look forward to.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-07-17 04:26 PM
    It's tradition for the BlackBerry Android devices to have better codenames than real names, much as it was tradition to have the reverse with BB10 devices.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-07-17 04:47 PM
    RIM , so motion. I like Krypton as it seems to stand out and seems more unique. It would be as international as Motion in theory.
    Name choice is important. There are reasons why Spanish brands Bimbo bread and Bonka coffee aren't sold to the UK ;-)
    We in the states make fun of the Bimbo name as well :-)
    10-07-17 05:36 PM
    If they do pick a name out of a hat as you say (which I'm sure isn't exactly he case) that is a terrible marketing strategy. Now I get that a name is a name and it shouldn't matter, but as what has been said in the UK that a Motion is also associated with a bowl movement, that's not a good marketing name to give to a device that people take with them everywhere.
    10-07-17 07:39 PM
    I really want to see BlackBerry get back into being a common place device used by many many millions of people (my wish is for it to get up in the 50 to 100 million slowly over time). But if they keep marketing it poorly, it gives people more reasons why not to give it a try.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-07-17 07:48 PM
    If they do pick a name out of a hat as you say (which I'm sure isn't exactly he case) that is a terrible marketing strategy. Now I get that a name is a name and it shouldn't matter, but as what has been said in the UK that a Motion is also associated with a bowl movement, that's not a good marketing name to give to a device that people take with them everywhere.
    In the states, we say BM but that means BMW in Britain :-) You just can't please everyone.
    10-07-17 08:13 PM
    What's so hard to understand though lol

KEYone for the keyboard and Motion because it's full slab so the hand motions loll
    10-07-17 10:42 PM
    Keyone or Motion is a helluva lot better than Dtek or Priv. Or Z or Q for that matter.
    10-08-17 10:37 AM
    I think another priv is called for
    10-09-17 07:25 AM
    But this stuff is...
    Attached Thumbnails Why the name Motion?-208846.jpg  
    10-09-17 08:40 AM
    yeah . traditional, isn't it Richard!
    10-09-17 10:08 AM