Remember, only Bell, TELUS, and SaskTel stores are noted to have it available in store. Koodo is online only.
    Yep ,nephew had training last week on the Motion from one of these providers. Can't wait to see it in my hands.
    Like to see a Pro-Motion next version with better specs in April.
    11-09-17 04:46 PM
    Nope, no a/c required*. And you can just throw away the SIM and use it with any carrier. I'll be using mine over Speakout.

*Incidentally I have an a/c
    I just got off the phone with that store in Brampton - Shoppers City and he said he wouldn't sell any phone without an a/c attached. I am not sure how you were able to to but I guess certain staff are doing things differently.
    11-09-17 05:01 PM
    You got shafted or the person was ignorant.
    Definitely getting the run around and to be frank, very frustrating... I hate it when all the sales channels aren't getting proper info or doing things differently.
    11-09-17 05:06 PM
    So, you can buy these phones without going or having any Bell Account? I wish Ottawa would do the same. I got shafted and I may engage my friends in Brampton.
    It could be the difference between a corporate store and a franchise one.
    11-09-17 06:56 PM
    I will be picking one up tomorrow
    11-09-17 09:55 PM
    if you don't mind me asking... can people start posting the store location , dealer/corporate, carrier account or buying it out right with no carrier account. I am just trying to validate where I can buy one without having an acct. I would prefer a Bell store.
    11-09-17 10:04 PM
    Will need to buy unlocked and use on Rogers network... too bad they will not carry, even online or via Corp sales

Posted via CB10
    Exclusive is to Bell and Telus atm. Buddy knows a guy at Rogers and they are interested in selling.. Just don't know when yet.
    the brother likes this.
    11-09-17 11:32 PM
    These devices should be in Stock at carriers tomorrow and be unlocked out of the box I believe.
    11-10-17 03:10 AM
    Are these devices from Bell or Telus dual sim variants?
    11-10-17 04:33 AM
    Most likely probably definitely not..because NA carriers want you to dual carry.. ;-)
    11-10-17 05:44 AM
    Not me. My family is on Rogers.
    I messaged theirs help account on Twitter asking why the other major carriers were providing the Motion and they weren't.
    not much back other than sending me a couple of links to where they announce any device news. Shame. Rogers historically has been a decent supporter of the Brand.
    11-10-17 08:03 AM
    If it makes a difference, I bought mine at a Bell dealer (store not owned by Bell).
    11-10-17 08:43 AM
    Bought mine outright online as my area sucks, have a Telus store (independently owned) that I will not deal with due to past experiences... Do have some outlets yet none were going to be stocking it anyway when phoned yesterday. Will have to wait until next week sometime before it arrives which is a slight bummer.
    11-10-17 09:42 AM
    These devices should be in Stock at carriers tomorrow and be unlocked out of the box I believe.

Unlocked so you can use on other carriers... yes.

Unlocked so you don't have to have carrier's approval for updates.... ?
    11-10-17 10:27 AM
    If it makes a difference, I bought mine at a Bell dealer (store not owned by Bell).
    Which dealer in what city? All the stores I have called so far are alll giving me the same script... must be a Bell Customer or activate an account with a minimum of 1 mth. I don't get it, online it says "No terms" but when you go in-store and tell them you want to buy it out they say nope.
    11-10-17 11:33 AM
    If anyone in Ottawa is willing to share how they are doing this, I am willing to drive to that location to buy it outright. I spoke to both Dealer and Corporate stores. The same thing and it is beyond frustrating...
    11-10-17 11:40 AM
    Update: Finally got a store to agree to do a pre-order and purchase .. it is a Dealer Store but the caveat is I need to bring in someone with a Bell Account (wireless) so they can register the device and allow it to be sold via their system. Talk about all this hurdle... make me want to consider paying $25-30 more and get it from pdaplaza.
    11-10-17 12:23 PM
    Bell had 1 in stock and I talked the guy who bought in the store this AM

I did however get my hands on demo

Feels great!!
    Attached Thumbnails Who's Buying the Motion Tomorrow (Nov 10) in Canada?-102265.jpg  
    Elky64 and the brother like this.
    11-10-17 12:27 PM
    Does anyone know if the Motion has the RED notification LED like the DTEK 60? If so, is it located on top right front facing screen?
    Thanks!
    11-10-17 01:32 PM
    Does anyone know if the Motion has the RED notification LED like the DTEK 60? If so, is it located on top right front facing screen?
    Thanks!
    It actually has a RGB LED like the KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    Not sure about the location though

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    11-10-17 01:37 PM
    looks like this phone will work pretty much on every network, even Freedom from what I gather it supports band 66. unless Im wrong
    11-10-17 01:39 PM
    Definitely getting the run around and to be frank, very frustrating... I hate it when all the sales channels aren't getting proper info or doing things differently.
    As a former Rogers and Bell employee,

Outright sales are hard to do at the carrier level. There is a commission structure and if someone can convince you to sign up for the service itself there's a nice little bonus to be had. The commission is either 0 on outright sales or something ridiculously low (I believe it's actually 0 but they do change it pretty often and spiffs come up from time to time to encourage sales reps to push certain devices).

Essentially the mindset is why give a device outright (well the customer pays but the rep doesn't get anything from it) when Joe Smith is going to activate with a 70 dollar plan and I get a nice 15-25 dollars commission of the sale?

You can literally buy anything that comes up in the POS system. Hell you can find the iPhone 3G listed at some ridiculous prices (because it never got updated since I remember) and you can "technically" purchase it.

I guess the TLDR is the following,

Yes you can buy it from any carrier store (not unique to Bell), yes they are allowed to sell the device outright, no you will not get one without putting up a fight since there is zero incentive for them to sell you a device they are making no commission on.

Hopefully that clears it up at least somewhat.

PS. The reason why they want you to have an account is so that they can basically reel you in with offers to extend the contract. 15 dollars easy if I can get you to do an upgrade.
    A Noise Annoys and Qorax like this.
    11-10-17 01:41 PM
    No. Only EMEA and Asia Pacific have dual SIM.
    11-10-17 02:34 PM
    It actually has a RGB LED like the KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    Not sure about the location though

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    https://crackberry.com/psa-yes-black...-led-indicator

Who's Buying the Motion Tomorrow (Nov 10) in Canada?-red-motion_0.jpg
    Qorax likes this.
    11-10-17 02:35 PM
    Not me. My family is on Rogers.
    I messaged theirs help account on Twitter asking why the other major carriers were providing the Motion and they weren't.
    not much back other than sending me a couple of links to where they announce any device news. Shame. Rogers historically has been a decent supporter of the Brand.
    Same thing happened with the Z30. When I was at Rogers, we didn't have the device right away. Apparently there was enough buzz through Twitter and Facebook (social media channels as they call it) that they began offering it in stores and we got a dummy (plastic not live demo) unit to put on the phone rack.

I believe what happened was we had it under Rogers Business Solutions (RBS) but the general consumer couldn't purchase one and then eventually they had it for public sale. Either that or there was demand, brought to RBS and then finally to all stores/public.
    11-10-17 03:09 PM
65 123