Just wondering how many of you are intending to pick up a Motion tomorrow? I've not heard much chatter about it from my normally BB aware friends, could this be due to Rogers' lack of interest? I would grab one myself but it's not available from my carrier either and I'm waiting to buy one unlocked.
    Qorax, Elky64 and jamesharmeling like this.
    11-09-17 08:10 AM
    Will buy it tomorrow for sure
    11-09-17 08:17 AM
    I definitely would but I'm on the wrong side of the US/Canada border....
    11-09-17 08:38 AM
    Will need to buy unlocked and use on Rogers network... too bad they will not carry, even online or via Corp sales

Posted via CB10
    11-09-17 09:59 AM
    I'm going to guess that it will be only a lucky few. It's going to be 'officially released' as in IF a retailer has one, they can legally sell it. But I wouldn't underestimate how big of an 'IF' that likely is.

It's us, ourselves, that should have learned from the KEYone 'launch' how this is probably going to go. And that's not a problem, I'm not bashing them for it. I'd rather them have limited quantities that sell out than excessive quantities that get written off in a year... but I don't know that it's a good idea to get your hopes too high that you'll wind up with one in hand as of tomorrow.
    11-09-17 10:27 AM
    I'm going to guess that it will be only a lucky few. It's going to be 'officially released' as in IF a retailer has one, they can legally sell it. But I wouldn't underestimate how big of an 'IF' that likely is.
    Just called around to the retailers in my area and either no one really knows or it is a definite "nope, won't have in-stock but can order". Guess we'll be ordering one from Telus online as that seems to be my best option - So yes, I'm in come the 10th.
    Last edited by Elky64; 11-09-17 at 11:56 AM.
    11-09-17 11:43 AM
    Just wondering how many of you are intending to pick up a Motion tomorrow? I've not heard much chatter about it from my normally BB aware friends, could this be due to Rogers' lack of interest? I would grab one myself but it's not available from my carrier either and I'm waiting to buy one unlocked.
    Definitely radio silence going on here. It'll probably launch with my carrier similar to how the V30 did, absolutely nothing showed up on their page until "that" day and it wasn't til 10am or thereabouts.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-09-17 11:55 AM
    I would but I'm residing in Florida so I guess I'm not buying tomorrow in Canada...
    tickerguy likes this.
    11-09-17 12:20 PM
    I find it interesting there weren't any pre-sales especially with Rogers claiming that they had the best orders for a pre-sale BB device with the KEYone, or something like that.
    11-09-17 12:42 PM
    Yes. but still not on the telus page.
    11-09-17 12:42 PM
    Remember, only Bell, TELUS, and SaskTel stores are noted to have it available in store. Koodo is online only.
    11-09-17 12:43 PM
    Yes. but still not on the telus page.
    Not expecting it to show up on Telus until sometime tomorrow morning. If you read my post above the V30, which had far more coverage, didn't appear until late morning on day of its launch. So can only guesstimate the Motion will make a similar entrance.

Got to remember, these carriers/retailers don't want anything that infringes on those higher ticketed devices sales.
    11-09-17 01:58 PM
    Just ordered mine at a Bell store and it comes unlocked. Will receive it tomorrow and monday.
    11-09-17 01:59 PM
    Not expecting it to show up on Telus until sometime tomorrow morning. If you read my post above the V30, which had far more coverage, didn't appear until late morning on day of its launch. So can only guesstimate the Motion will make a similar entrance.

Got to remember, these carriers/retailers don't want anything that infringes on those higher ticketed devices sales.
    Makes sense, never thought of it that way. Phoned my local store, said they will bring them in tomorrow.
    11-09-17 02:31 PM
    Just ordered mine at a Bell store and it comes unlocked. Will receive it tomorrow and monday.
    When you say ordered? How? Just walked into the store and said I would like order one? What happens if you are not a customer of theirs? Like I just need it but will be using it in another provider? Would they allow it?
    11-09-17 02:53 PM
    PDA Plaza is supposed to be getting the BBD100-1 and BBD100-2 on the 15th, but they told me that one model may arrive earlier than the other. I have the BBD100-2, Canada/US, ordered through them and am willing to wait. Not much choice here in Upstate New York. Good luck everyone!
    the brother likes this.
    11-09-17 03:06 PM
    I'd like to know when I can buy the BBD100-7 variant (Dual SIM North America)! Will that version ever see the light of day???
    11-09-17 03:25 PM
    @deluxster : Yep, I'm buying it outright and will be using it on another provider.
    11-09-17 03:30 PM
    Unlocked from Bell ? As in Bell Canada ?
    11-09-17 03:37 PM
    @deluxster : Yep, I'm buying it outright and will be using it on another provider.
    I got the no go from buying it outright in Ottawa Bell Store. They said it has to be tied to a Bell Account. So, I either open an account with $25/mth or I get someone that uses Bell to buy it. Could you care to share which Store you bought it from and the Rep? I think I an getting yanked for the sales commission by the plan sign up. I just need it as I want to use it with another carrier. Please advise.
    11-09-17 03:40 PM
    Just reserved one and paid up. It'll be ready for pick-up after 10:30 AM tomorrow.

For everyone's information:

a) Bell - Shoppers World Brampton is accepting orders. Like right now.
    b) Bell CSR hadn't a clue about the phone. Kept me holding and querying internally, then plainly told me to contact a store to know if they'd be carrying it tomorrow. Wasted about 20-25mins of mine
    c) After a while I chatted online - and got to know about Bell - Shoppers World.
    d) They'll be having two models tomorrow - but the reps had no clue what they'd be.
    e) Both can be purchased either with a plan - or upfront paid unlocked.
    f) A Sim card is being offered for Free.

Hope that helps.
    the brother likes this.
    11-09-17 04:03 PM
    Any ideas on price?
    11-09-17 04:29 PM
    Just reserved one and paid up. It'll be ready for pick-up after 10:30 AM tomorrow.

For everyone's information:

a) Bell - Shoppers World Brampton is accepting orders. Like right now.
    b) Bell CSR hadn't a clue about the phone. Kept me holding and querying internally, then plainly told me to contact a store to know if they'd be carrying it tomorrow. Wasted about 20-25mins of mine
    c) After a while I chatted online - and got to know about Bell - Shoppers World.
    d) They'll be having two models tomorrow - but the reps had no clue what they'd be.
    e) Both can be purchased either with a plan - or upfront paid unlocked.
    f) A Sim card is being offered for Free.

Hope that helps.
    So, you can buy these phones without going or having any Bell Account? I wish Ottawa would do the same. I got shafted and I may engage my friends in Brampton.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-09-17 04:36 PM
    So, you can buy these phones without going or having any Bell Account? I wish Ottawa would do the same. I got shafted and I may engage my friends in Brampton.
    Nope, no a/c required*. And you can just throw away the SIM and use it with any carrier. I'll be using mine over Speakout.

*Incidentally I have an a/c
    11-09-17 04:41 PM
    You got shafted or the person was ignorant.
    11-09-17 04:42 PM
65 123