Is it just me or does it seem like there is very little hype (almost none) for the BlackBerry Motion? Not one single official review yet? Did no review units get sent out to people? What's the deal?
    11-01-17 03:06 PM
    Yes a review here is overdue. I may well buy it but not without seeing what several reviewers think of it first.
    11-01-17 03:15 PM
    Since it's only made an appearance in the UAE, I wouldn't think much of it.
    11-01-17 03:25 PM
    Think that technically the phone hasn't launched. Get the feeling that Bla!ze is sitting on his review waiting for the NDA to expire.
    11-01-17 03:28 PM
    Give it time to release outside of the Middle East first.
    11-01-17 03:30 PM
    It will be in the shops in the UK in a couple of weeks and I'd like to see some impartial information now to help decide whether it's worth buying or not.
    11-01-17 03:30 PM
    Give it time to release outside of the Middle East first.
    Actually there was full KEYone reviews well before it launched anywhere beyond a small batch in the UK.
    11-01-17 03:38 PM
    It will be in the shops in the UK in a couple of weeks and I'd like to see some impartial information now to help decide whether it's worth buying or not.
    Not likely to happen until it becomes available.
    11-01-17 03:39 PM
    I am pretty sure TCL sent their review units to famous YouTubers just like Keyone. I can't wait for jerryrigeverything review!
    11-01-17 04:00 PM
    Not likely to happen until it becomes available.
    Like I said earlier, I was able to watch many many reviews for the KEYone prior to it ever getting to Canada. That's all I'm saying is this launch seems very different and much less hyped.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-01-17 04:26 PM
    Like I said earlier, I was able to watch many many reviews for the KEYone prior to it ever getting to Canada. That's all I'm saying is this launch seems very different and much less hyped.
    That's because it launched in the UK almost a month prior, and they lifted the NDAs.
    11-01-17 04:38 PM
    That's because it launched in the UK almost a month prior, and they lifted the NDAs.
    Lol the motion was launched on October 8th I believe at GITEX which is a month before its available in Canada. Look I'm not knocking BlackBerry Mobile but look at things objectively for a minute. The KEYone was much more hyped up and had a lot more going on when it launched with similar time lines of when it went more global. Anyone who is unbiased can see these launches so far have not even been close the the same. And I"m not aware of NDA's and not sure you are either but its just an easy way to defend I guess. Heck Kevin has already filmed the thing on several occasions and showed off features.
    11-01-17 04:52 PM
    Looking forward to seeing the reviews and comparisons in the NA market. Really need to see if better to have the BlackBerry experience out of the package or just load on the experience to another reputable Android phone (with like specs) and understand value in price point differential.

Nov 10 into Canada, so wait can't be that long.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-17 05:00 PM
    Lol the motion was launched on October 8th I believe at GITEX which is a month before its available in Canada. Look I'm not knocking BlackBerry Mobile but look at things objectively for a minute. The KEYone was much more hyped up and had a lot more going on when it launched with similar time lines of when it went more global. Anyone who is unbiased can see these launches so far have not even been close the the same. And I"m not aware of NDA's and not sure you are either but its just an easy way to defend I guess. Heck Kevin has already filmed the thing on several occasions and showed off features.
    I mean launched, as in actual product. It sold for 4 weeks in the UK prior to coming to NA. That's when we got all our reviews.

Typically NDAs are lifted the moment you can click on "buy now".
    11-01-17 05:16 PM
    I mean launched, as in actual product. It sold for 4 weeks in the UK prior to coming to NA. That's when we got all our reviews.
    Conite,

When are you getting yours? I can't wait for your review and opinion!
    11-01-17 05:18 PM
    Conite,

When are you getting yours? I can't wait for your review and opinion!
    A buddy of mine might be getting one at launch, so I'd be all over it.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-01-17 05:20 PM

Typically NDAs are lifted the moment you can click on "buy now".
    Seriously man. Look, The KEYone was available for purchase on April 27 in the UK. Full on reviews and hands on started on April 28. People are able to buy the motion now, people have it in their hands already. Why is it that in your view everything is always perfect with BlackBerry Mobile. How can you compare the two launches at this point and not see a difference in hype and excitement? And what Kevin's NDA like? He is allowed to show features, drop it in a toilet, and bend it? lol. Come on now. Like I said, I'm not saying anything bad about BlackBerry Mobile. I'm just saying the general excitement that I saw during the KEYone launch (or buy now and have it in hand or whatever you want to call it) was much different.
    11-01-17 05:35 PM
    Seriously man. Look, The KEYone was available for purchase on April 27 in the UK. Full on reviews and hands on started on April 28.
    This is exactly what I'm saying. I expect full on reviews when the device is available for purchase outside of the UAE.

CBK is sitting on his review and I'm sure he's dying to post it.

I have no opinion on the launch in general, as I don't really care one way or the other. I have no skin in the game, nor am I particularly interested in an all-touch.
    11-01-17 05:38 PM
    This is exactly what I'm saying. I expect full on reviews when the device is available for purchase outside of the UAE.

CBK is sitting on his review and I'm sure he's dying to post it.
    NO not exactly what you are saying at all. lol, it was available for purchase on April 27 at one place in the UK by the way and in extremely limited quantities which were gone right away and not replenished till over a week or almost 2 later. How is that any different then being available in the UAE only? Anyways, whatever you say.
    11-01-17 05:46 PM
    NO not exactly what you are saying at all. lol, it was available for purchase on April 27 at one place in the UK by the way and in extremely limited quantities which were gone right away and not replenished till over a week or almost 2 later. How is that any different then being available in the UAE only? Anyways, whatever you say.
    Yea other than a different geographic location, I'm not seeing how an early Keyone launch in the UK differs from an early launch of the Motion in the UAE with regards to reviews and NDAs.
    11-01-17 10:39 PM
    Yea other than a different geographic location, I'm not seeing how an early Keyone launch in the UK differs from an early launch of the Motion in the UAE with regards to reviews and NDAs.
    Thank you. This is all I'm saying and to me and likely others, makes it look like a much less exciting and hyped launch then the KEYone. That's all I said. Not sure why people need to jump in to make excuses for it. It's pretty simple and anyone without a major bias can see the difference between the two device launches.
    11-01-17 10:50 PM
    look(s) like a much less exciting and hyped launch then the KEYone.
    I'm not sure what you'd expect.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ was the first ever BlackBerry Mobile device, and the return of a legendary pkb form factor combined with Android.

The Motion, for the vast majority, is just another slab. Woo hoo.
    11-01-17 10:56 PM
    I'm not sure what you'd expect.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ was the first ever BlackBerry Mobile device, and the return of a legendary pkb form factor combined with Android.

The Motion, for the vast majority, is just another slab. Woo hoo.
    Oh okay then I guess they don't care if they sell any then. Makes perfect sense. I'm not saying for it to be the same as the KEYone Conite. I'm just saying it's strange that there has not been one single review from any of the usual places yet. Seriously, why do you always feel the need to excuse every single thing with BlackBerry Mobile? I'm not knocking them, I'm making observations about the differences in launches.
    11-01-17 11:01 PM
    Oh okay then I guess they don't care if they sell any then. Makes perfect sense. I'm not saying for it to be the same as the KEYone Conite. I'm just saying it's strange that there has not been one single review from any of the usual places yet. Seriously, why do you always feel the need to excuse every single thing with BlackBerry Mobile? I'm not knocking them, I'm making observations about the differences in launches.
    I'm not defending anyone actually, because, frankly I'm not even sure who you're blaming and for what.

Are you blaming CBK and others for holding back reviews for some reason?

Are you blaming BlackBerry Mobile for imposing a possible media hold request? For lack of advertising? For lack of buzz?

Honestly I don't know.
    11-01-17 11:06 PM
    I'm not defending anyone actually, because, frankly I'm not even sure who you're blaming and for what.

Are you blaming CBK and others for holding back reviews for some reason?

Are you blaming BlackBerry Mobile for imposing a possible media hold request? For lack of advertising? For lack of buzz?

Honestly I don't know.
    Where did I blame anyone in any of my posts? But if as you say that it's because of NDAs (eventhough the device is already out in the wild with BlackBerry Mobile even posting their own videos) then it would be them to blame. Remember they don't have carrier support and the little they do is not front and centre by any means. Couple that with very little marketing then their best way to get the word out is these review sites and blogs and youtubers. Again its an observation on the differences in launches which you seem to think there aren't any when it's plain as day.
    11-01-17 11:11 PM
86 123 ...