So it's in paying customers hands. Usually by now we'd be flooded with hands on reviews from those who had the device in advance but were subject to NDA's. What gives?
    10-26-17 10:19 AM
    It's not time yet. Think about it. It's available in one very regional market.
    10-26-17 10:37 AM
    So it's in paying customers hands. Usually by now we'd be flooded with hands on reviews from those who had the device in advance but were subject to NDA's. What gives?
    There is an art to using the free press... BlackBerry Mobile is using that to their advantage.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    10-26-17 10:42 AM
    Today I got my device delivered. The specs as suggested are really very good. The device feels good in the hands. As compared to the PRIV this device has no issues like overheating, freezing or sluggish behavior. The 4 GB Ram definitely makes the device much faster. The battery life is just awesome absolutely no competition at all. I have not tested the camera as yet but overall my experience with the device is good.
    10-26-17 11:11 AM
    Today I got my device delivered. The specs as suggested are really very good. The device feels good in the hands. As compared to the PRIV this device has no issues like overheating, freezing or sluggish behavior. The 4 GB Ram definitely makes the device much faster. The battery life is just awesome absolutely no competition at all. I have not tested the camera as yet but overall my experience with the device is good.
    Nice.. should post your thoughts here too - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...d-1129271-new/
    10-26-17 11:12 AM
    Nice.. should post your thoughts here too - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...d-1129271-new/
    I can't find this thread in the Android app. Is it location specific?
    10-26-17 02:24 PM
    Glad you like the Motion sir, I am wondering if the unlocked versions of the device over there will support the T Mobile LTE bands here in the US. If so, I would considering getting one.
    10-26-17 07:04 PM
    I don't know why they're doing select markets
    10-26-17 07:29 PM
    Because they have limited production capabilities, and low inventory.

Alternatively they could wait 3 months and launch globally.
    10-26-17 09:16 PM
    Glad you like the Motion sir, I am wondering if the unlocked versions of the device over there will support the T Mobile LTE bands here in the US. If so, I would considering getting one.
    Hi Ronald, I will check here and revert. If the device is compatible with the USA standards I shall let you know. Also please check at your end as well.
    10-26-17 11:18 PM
    Well noted Sir.
    10-27-17 12:51 AM
    It's about economics - they don't have the money to do global launches.

Problem is TCL Communications isn't the big powerful company that some here taught it was.... it's not TCL Corporation. It was valued at about $7 Billion HK back at the first of the year, just before they were forced to go private due to the continued declining sales and negative cash flow. They recently sold off 49% of the stake in the company... but at that time were only valued at $1 Billion HK. Which would indicate that their sales and revenue issues have only grown over the following seven months. Some view this infusion of investment cash as a big positive.... but I'm not sure what a little under $70 Million US is going to do.

Simply put, TCL Communications, and thus BlackBerry Mobile.... are working on a shoe string budget, so they are very limited in what they can do in the way of buying components, production/inventory, and even distribution/sales.

Where is the official review.... waiting for the right time to get a second round of free publicity.
    10-27-17 08:03 AM
    It's about economics - they don't have the money to do global launches.

Problem is TCL Communications isn't the big powerful company that some here taught it was.... it's not TCL Corporation. It was valued at about $7 Billion HK back at the first of the year, just before they were forced to go private due to the continued declining sales and negative cash flow. They recently sold off 49% of the stake in the company... but at that time were only valued at $1 Billion HK. Which would indicate that their sales and revenue issues have only grown over the following seven months. Some view this infusion of investment cash as a big positive.... but I'm not sure what a little under $70 Million US is going to do.

Simply put, TCL Communications, and thus BlackBerry Mobile.... are working on a shoe string budget, so they are very limited in what they can do in the way of buying components, production/inventory, and even distribution/sales.

Where is the official review.... waiting for the right time to get a second round of free publicity.
    Well if they need to further trim the fat they should just close the doors on Blackberry Mobile. Since it's inception it's been an anemic marketing company with absolutely no visible upside outside of manning trade show booths. They haven't moved the public mind share needle one iota, and can barely keep their website up to date with phone releases and proper sourcing information. TCL should move Blackberry inhouse and be done with it.
    10-27-17 09:23 AM
    Is it time yet?
    11-16-17 09:29 AM
    Here is my (E)Motion. I'm from Germany
    11-16-17 09:49 AM
    Here is my (E)Motion. I'm from Germany https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4e472fd46b.jpg
    Like the carry bag!

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    11-16-17 09:50 AM
    Yeah but this is a global BlackBerry enthusiast site, why would where a device is released dictate putting out a review or hands on? Not that it really impacts my life haha, just interesting.
    11-16-17 05:55 PM
    Hey I am waiting for blackberry motion silver edition with 5gb ram lol.
    ObiGeorge likes this.
    11-16-17 06:42 PM
    I've had the phone for 3 days and I love it. The battery life is great compared to the 7 plus I sold on Wednesday. I came off the charger at 4 am yesterday and have not recharged yet and it is 7:31 am and I am at 53%. It feels great. Light in weight. I am still getting used to the blackberry onscreen keyboard bit otherwise I feel that it was a far better deal than what apple offers. I missed my apple emoticons so I downloaded Textra and have the ios emojis now.
    11-17-17 06:34 AM
    I've had the phone for 3 days and I love it. The battery life is great compared to the 7 plus I sold on Wednesday. I came off the charger at 4 am yesterday and have not recharged yet and it is 7:31 am and I am at 53%. It feels great. Light in weight. I am still getting used to the blackberry onscreen keyboard bit otherwise I feel that it was a far better deal than what apple offers. I missed my apple emoticons so I downloaded Textra and have the ios emojis now.
    Curious as to why you switched. The 7+ has a much faster SoC, better cameras, iMessage, integration with other iOS/MacOS devices and runs apps by The Google so you get the best of both worlds.
    11-17-17 06:59 AM
    Curious as to why you switched. The 7+ has a much faster SoC, better cameras, iMessage, integration with other iOS/MacOS devices and runs apps by The Google so you get the best of both worlds.
    I switched because my 7 plus was out of warranty and my battery life was terrible. Had to charge it 3 times per day. Was not willing to go into another one. I also have an iPad pro and a MacBook pro so I would not be missing ios....it almost seemed redundant to have the 3. Battery life was my biggest drive to change. I couldn't care less how much faster a phone is (I'm not seeing a difference really and find the motion on par for speed) of I am inconvenienced by having to plug in or carry a heft battery case, that to me is enough to find another option.
    11-17-17 07:06 AM
    I switched because my 7 plus was out of warranty and my battery life was terrible. Had to charge it 3 times per day. Was not willing to go into another one. I also have an iPad pro and a MacBook pro so I would not be missing ios....it almost seemed redundant to have the 3. Battery life was my biggest drive to change. I couldn't care less how much faster a phone is (I'm not seeing a difference really and find the motion on par for speed) of I am inconvenienced by having to plug in or carry a heft battery case, that to me is enough to find another option.
    Fair enough. I just sold my 7 Plus too and the battery life was still decent. That redundancy you mention is the reason I went with the Priv a while back. Could have been the perfect device if not for the build and heat issues. I still wish they release a Priv 2 without those problems.
    11-17-17 08:17 AM
    I've had a Motion for a few days now. I also have a KeyOne. I prefer the Motion in mostly every way, other than the way it feels in the hand. The KeyOne felt so premium to me.

But otherwise - the camera seems faster, I love the Locker, the waterproofing is superb, and I underestimated how important the lack screen real estate was to me. Also the battery is absolutely brutal.
    11-17-17 09:40 AM
    The BlackBerry Motion smartphone will satisfy workaholics and BlackBerry fans, but no one else - Business Insider

I guess this confirms and underlines most of the threads about the motion.

Only for die hard BB fans and somebody interested in the productivity features or battery life. For everybody else there are better options. Oh, and the low lite camera is not good. (I understand that good low light shots can be taken with manual settings etc. But agree with others that it is just not realistic as every other phone in this group do better when using auto settings.)

I am a long time BB fan but have moved on. The Hub and other features that BB10 brought with it was just not as well executed in Android. I made use of the T-MOBILE offer on the Motorola Z2 Force for $500 (now $375) and can not be happier that I did not wait for the Motion. Great camera, fast and fluid experience, great screen, and I got wireless battery pack that gives me the same battery time as the motion when needed (kind of like the old days when BB had removable batteries). I slapped on a screen protector to compensate for the worst problem, which is the easily scratched screen. The other reason for going with it is that I will hopefully be going strong in 2 years where the motion will be stale in comparison with it's components. I can also pay it of on a plan as I do not have so much money upfront which is sometimes difficult with BB because not all carriers offer BB.

If BB get their software experience on par with BB10 in Android I will happily pay for it. I think it is time to face reality that BB is now software and Enterprise and not hardware anymore. Hardware is handled by a company that is not able to compete at the higher value end like OnePlus.

If there is ever a high end Phone with BB software integrated giving a similar BB10 experience I may have a second look but for the moment do not intend to turn back to BB.
    12-12-17 04:29 PM
    So you have to carry around a battery pack to get the same battery life as the motion? Glad you're happy, but sounds like a downgrade to me.
    12-12-17 06:40 PM
31 12