Has it been announced announced when the the motion will be be available available to Canadians.
    10-26-17 09:25 PM
    Hasn't been announced yet.
    10-26-17 09:51 PM
    if it's anything like the KEYone roll out, about a month after Europe, so early December (maybe?).

Just a quess though. no hints or slip ups by partners suggesting a possible release.
    10-26-17 11:30 PM
    if it's anything like the KEYone roll out, about a month after Europe, so early December (maybe?).

Just a quess though. no hints or slip ups by partners suggesting a possible release.
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ was available in Canada on launch day.

I think Carphone warehouse got a small run of devices to test the waters a few weeks earlier. Some type of soak test.

Your guess sounds about right though.
    10-26-17 11:53 PM
    I pre-ordered one yesterday from pdaplaza.com, a Canadian cell reseller. they are saying they will have stock by the end of October. thats next week, so we'll see what happens.
    Umedon likes this.
    10-27-17 12:31 AM
    Listening to the Crackberry podcast today where CBK mentions Canada tour of meet ups complete with pop up store to show off and sell KEYone and Motion.... not sure if that was a slip (hard to imagine that broader elements of these events are not already set given the timing), so hopefully availability in Canada will be concurrent with the first stop of tour in Vancouver!

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-27-17 06:50 AM
    Listening to the Crackberry podcast today where CBK mentions Canada tour of meet ups complete with pop up store to show off and sell KEYone and Motion.... not sure if that was a slip (hard to imagine that broader elements of these events are not already set given the timing), so
    hopefully availability in Canada will be concurrent with the first stop of tour in Vancouver!

Posted via CB10
    When is the Vancouver message up?
    10-27-17 08:29 AM
    I pre-ordered one yesterday from pdaplaza.com, a Canadian cell reseller. they are saying they will have stock by the end of October. thats next week, so we'll see what happens.
    Is the phone they are selling the Canadian version?

Thanks
    10-27-17 08:35 AM
    Is the phone they are selling the Canadian version?

Thanks
    I am not sure what the Canadian version is. The one they are selling is BBD 100-1. It supports the following LTE bands:

Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41

I am on Bell, which uses 2,4 and 7 so the phone will work on LTE for me.

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself - https://pdaplaza.ca/collections/blac...ctory-unlocked

Interestingly, I bought the phone from them for $555 and now the price has jumped to $599. Not sure what the reason for that is but felt it was worth noting.
    10-27-17 08:40 AM
    10-27-17 08:42 AM
    The BBD100-1 (International) should work for most carriers in Canada; only 2 or 3 LTE bands vary from the NA variant and UMTS and GSM are the same.
    10-27-17 09:02 AM
    The BBD100-1 (International) should work for most carriers in Canada; only 2 or 3 LTE bands vary from the NA variant and UMTS and GSM are the same.
    Band 29 is used for video streaming in NA, and band 66 is used by Freedom Mobile (and other carriers soon) - neither is available on 100-1.
    10-27-17 09:19 AM
    I am not sure what the Canadian version is. The one they are selling is BBD 100-1. It supports the following LTE bands:

Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41

I am on Bell, which uses 2,4 and 7 so the phone will work on LTE for me.

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself - https://pdaplaza.ca/collections/blac...ctory-unlocked

Interestingly, I bought the phone from them for $555 and now the price has jumped to $599. Not sure what the reason for that is but felt it was worth noting.
    The BlackBerry Aurora is also available in Canada for 365$ CAD:

https://pdaplaza.ca/collections/blac...ctory-unlocked

"BLACKBERRY AURORA 32GB DUAL SIM BLACK - UNLOCKED

The beautifully designed BlackBerry Aurora comes with a number of features that are uniquely BlackBerry. Out of the box, the device runs Android OS 7.0 Nougat – giving users access to the entire Google Play store and apps – and will receive regular security updates. It will come pre-loaded with BlackBerry Hub."
    10-27-17 05:49 PM
    Will wait for the BlackBerry Motion Black Edition.
    10-27-17 07:04 PM
    ridiculous that it's not even available in Canada. Guy at work wanted to wait but his Priv gave out. ended up with a Pixel this week. Lost Blackberry customer like me.
    10-27-17 09:34 PM
    When is the Vancouver message up?
    Dec 4th is the Crackberry (event renamed from meetup) in Vancouver.... so maybe would be good to have availability in NA for Black (Berry) Friday.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    10-28-17 10:54 AM
    Dec 4th is the Crackberry (event renamed from meetup) in Vancouver.... so maybe would be good to have availability in NA for Black (Berry) Friday.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe.... but in order for people to plan on what they are buying for BlackFriday/cyber monday, they need to know if it will be available. I have friends that just got excited because they heard the oneplus 5t is comming (with dual sim) .... to North America. There is still no commitment or date for the motion. Silly. Losing all kinds of business.
    10-28-17 11:57 AM
    Nov 10
    Qorax likes this.
    10-31-17 07:54 AM
    10-31-17 09:23 AM
    What, no Rogers?
    10-31-17 09:26 AM
    Official Blackberry Mobile press release directs Canadian customers to blackberrymobile.com/ca for more information, yet there is not a single word about the Motion. They have information up on the UK site though. Just more bush league business practices from Blackberry Mobile. A tech company trying to rebuild brand awareness and mind share can't update their website in line with their press releases. Hello?
    sling and Qorax like this.
    10-31-17 10:51 AM
    Official Blackberry Mobile press release directs Canadian customers to blackberrymobile.com/ca for more information, yet there is not a single word about the Motion. They have information up on the UK site though. Just more bush league business practices from Blackberry Mobile. A tech company trying to rebuild brand awareness and mind share can't update their website in line with their press releases. Hello?
    Seems like you just lack a little bit of patience. BlackBerry® Mobile | Canada - Official Website <-- shows Motion info for me and has since shortly after your post.
    Adam Zeis and Qorax like this.
    10-31-17 03:37 PM
    Seems like you just lack a little bit of patience. BlackBerry® Mobile | Canada - Official Website <-- shows Motion info for me and has since shortly after your post.
    8:45am you posted about the press release. 4:37pm you post about the Motion being visible on their website. Don't sit here and defend their non-existent sense of urgency.
    10-31-17 03:49 PM
    8:45am you posted about the press release. 4:37pm you post about the Motion being visible on their website. Don't sit here and defend their non-existent sense of urgency.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't care if they ever post it there, the relevant info was in the PR lol. You're the one who seems bent out of shape over it. Had they said 'order it today' and it wasn't available, that would be different to me. That would be pretty weak, but it wasn't that so, whatever.
    Adam Zeis and Qorax like this.
    10-31-17 03:53 PM
    Any idea if Rogers will jump on board and offer it?
    10-31-17 08:12 PM
41 12