I just feel that blackberry mobile should stop investing time and money into just another all touch. blackberrys version of android is far from special. it's so basic. so it's better they use their resources to bring LIFE back the physical keyboard market. release different style keyboard devices.. get ppl excited about keyboards again !!!!!
    yessuz likes this.
    10-18-17 07:46 PM
    I just feel that blackberry mobile should stop investing time and money into just another all touch. blackberrys version of android is far from special. it's so basic. so it's better they use their resources to bring LIFE back the physical keyboard market. release different style keyboard devices.. get ppl excited about keyboards again !!!!!
    When they take a sales team into a large organization, they absolutely MUST have both offerings in the portfolio. Most users want all-touch.
    TCM01 likes this.
    10-18-17 11:42 PM
    Yep; there are plenty of people who simply see no value in a keyboard. In this case the trade-offs (somewhat larger battery and water resistance, plus $100 lower price .vs. keyboard) sound pretty fair, and for the "no-KB" guy that $100 has good odds of keeping them from going to the competition.

IMHO when it comes to "fleet sales" you're going to get 80% slab, 20% PKB take rates. It's not as bad as the manual transmission take rate on cars (which is a screaming shame) but it's definitely the same sort of thing.
    10-19-17 07:59 AM
    I'm not sure what we're arguing about.

I'm telling you what the stated target market is - I'm not making claims as to how successful they may ultimately be.

TCL has very reasonable/tempered expectations for the brand, and has been pleasantly surprised with its success to date.

Let's hope for the best, and wish them good luck. If the device isn't for you, then so be it.
    LOL. Just let it go.
    10-19-17 08:45 AM
    Listen, pal, stop being ridiculous. These are new unlocked phones from amazon
    Your the one being ridiculous. You may not like but others will. See you going to come up with more ridiculous reasons for not liking it?
    10-19-17 10:19 AM
    Yet 99% of the market has determined they don't want a PKB phone.
    10-19-17 10:21 AM
    I'll do comparison blackberry motion $449 vs Google pixel 2 $649 when they release blackberry motion. Pixel 2 is actually better than I expected. Blackberry motion still should be better than pixel 2.
    10-19-17 12:24 PM
    I'll do comparison blackberry motion $449 vs Google pixel 2 $649 when they release blackberry motion. Pixel 2 is actually better than I expected. Blackberry motion still should be better than pixel 2.
    The Pixel 2 isn't wildly different from the Motion, if you're adding a $200 premium to the Motion's price there are better Android devices you can get for that price range.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...es/10689,10584
    10-19-17 01:05 PM
    aside from specs, you get a better android os experience on pretty much every other OEM. now if you add the HUB + BlackBerry keyboard to any full touch! your winning.
    10-19-17 01:48 PM
    The Pixel 2 isn't wildly different from the Motion, if you're adding a $200 premium to the Motion's price there are better Android devices you can get for that price range.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...es/10689,10584
    That listing is quite misleading.

Specifically, the Motion has NFC (according to the specs published) but GSMArena is missing it. That's a BIG DEAL (contactless payments.)

We don't know if it has a compass (which CAN be a big deal for many users; for others its immaterial.)

Lack of NFC would be an instant disqualifier for me. The KeyOne has a compass, so it's probably in the Motion, but that's not in their "specs" so far.
    10-19-17 01:55 PM
    That listing is quite misleading.

Specifically, the Motion has NFC (according to the specs published) but GSMArena is missing it. That's a BIG DEAL (contactless payments.)

We don't know if it has a compass (which CAN be a big deal for many users; for others its immaterial.)

Lack of NFC would be an instant disqualifier for me. The KeyOne has a compass, so it's probably in the Motion, but that's not in their "specs" so far.
    It's at the FCC, so it's got to exist: https://fccid.io/2ACCJN020/Test-Repo...-final-3562202

GSMArena being wrong is well within reason.
    10-19-17 02:06 PM
    I'm quite-comfortable NFC is in there for that reason, which is why I'm interested in the device. No compass would IMHO be quite a bad omission, but since the KeyOne has it the Motion probably does as well.

People seem to think that the compass is "just" for those who want to use it as a compass. Nope. It's also a sensor that comes into play in a major fashion when you're using navigation. GPS is incapable of giving you orientation; it only a location and if moving at a reasonable rate, a track since you have a reasonably consistent velocity vector. If you are moving slowly or not at all without a compass the phone has no way to know which way you are pointing. The compass sensor resolves that ambiguity and it matters quite a lot when navigating while walking, using the navigation in "urban canyons" (e.g. high rise buildings) which produce a lot of multipath errors in GPS signals (if you want to see how ugly that can get look at tracks from some multisport watches!) or when sitting at a traffic light near the front (where the device cannot be sure at which corner of the intersection yo actually are without knowing which way the vehicle is pointed.)

NFC, however, isn't a "bad" omission for a lot of people -- myself included. It would be a FATAL one, and it's why I discarded the Motorola option (it doesn't have NFC) instead of intending to get the Motion for a long-battery-life device. Motorola intentionally de-contented their mid-line devices of both the compass and NFC for models sold in the US, which to me looks like an attempt to force you into the "Z" series for "full functionality" (at materially higher prices) and then IMHO they screwed the pooch with the last revision to the Z line by reducing battery size in the name of being "slimmer" as well.
    10-19-17 02:41 PM
    Android has backups. If you're not utilizing that you're going to run into trouble, physical damage or not. A good protection plan also covers more eventualities - like a bad drop - than water protection will as well.
    I don't have 24 hours to waste getting a new phone and the time to download all of the backups to the phone. I don't plan to go swimming with my phone, but accidents happen.
    10-19-17 02:50 PM
    I don't have 24 hours to waste getting a new phone and the time to download all of the backups to the phone. I don't plan to go swimming with my phone, but accidents happen.
    So you're willing to take the entire cost of the phone as a hit, and have to waste that time anyway, in the far likelier event of a bad drop, damaging collision, or hardware breakdown?

Which isn't to say you can't get an insurance plan for a waterproof phone, but on balance the wiser investment is the insurance because it covers more, even if it isn't pro-active.
    10-19-17 03:13 PM
    Conite, please, take a look at the situation:

BlackBerry mobile release the phone with specs... which other manufacturers phase out already, and even dare to charge 100$ premium on it. Where's the logic?

tell me, how would you convince CTO (I am not talking about end user here, as the brand is less appealing than moto or others)?
    What edge you got against sammy or others? tell me - maybe I am missing something?

Design? please
    Security? Sammy does same. Hell, even moto with vanilla android will be on same level.
    waterproof? Meh. nie to have. but in 17 years with my mobiles, I never had water damage.
    Price? nope.
    what do I miss - what will be sales team argument?

because I bet, decision makers will ask the same.

oh, and yeah, in most cases - it's the operator who will be selling it. at least that's the case in europe
    I'm not one that usually defends Conite because I think he is a bit over the top in defending Blackberry/Blackberry Mobile but I think you're becoming a bit annoying with your constant irrelevant apples to oranges comparisons. We get it...you don't like it so go and buy your G5, Sammy or whatever.
    10-20-17 12:25 AM
    Yet 99% of the market has determined they don't want a PKB phone.
    That's because until the KEYone there hasn't been a PKB phone that is "relevant" by nowadays media consumption standards (only BB10 devices), and its' trackpad + fingerprint sensor make for better use of that space. It could make the PKB cool/relevant again.
    10-20-17 12:35 AM
    I'm not one that usually defends Conite because I think he is a bit over the top in defending Blackberry/Blackberry Mobile but I think you're becoming a bit annoying with your constant irrelevant apples to oranges comparisons. We get it...you don't like it so go and buy your G5, Sammy or whatever.
    Look, I am very happy KEYone user atm.

I really want to BB mobile to succeed, hence i try to understand, why one would buy one when there are cheaper or better alternatives. That's it
    10-20-17 02:49 AM
    It makes waffles and massages your junk.
    10-20-17 02:53 PM
    None of those hacks are device hacks. People are logging into cloud storage by circumventing weak passwords.
    The major iPhone feature is icloud. Basically it is the feature iPhone is spinning around. You can't use the phone without the icloud. All celebrity hacks were icloud hacks, weak passwords or not, the way to go past them is embarrassing.
    10-20-17 05:51 PM
    The major iPhone feature is icloud. Basically it is the feature iPhone is spinning around. You can't use the phone without the icloud. All celebrity hacks were icloud hacks, weak passwords or not, the way to go past them is embarrassing.
    You're being disingenuous if you are calling this an iPhone hack.

It's no different from someone getting into your Dropbox account because your password is 1234.
    10-20-17 07:09 PM
    What's so special..... will it get regular updates that don't appear to falter/cease before device is ONE year old?!!!? Caveat Emptor
    10-21-17 04:33 AM
    What's so special..... will it get regular updates that don't appear to falter/cease before device is ONE year old?!!!? Caveat Emptor
    How does anyone know? BBMo hasn't even offered the KEYone, it's first device, for one year. The KEYone will get Oreo according to BBMo so it sounds like improvement.
    10-21-17 05:04 AM
    That you'll pay more for less, and you'll end up realizing that you'll have no OS updates, even when older phones still do. That's what's so special about it

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    10-24-17 10:37 AM
    well, i think we all assume, that it will cost 450, right? And we know that it will have SD625

So, i do quick search on amazon:
    Moto Z Play - same 625. 339 usd
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LW...UvbUpU13053698

Moto G5: 269 usd (even cheaper if you take one with amazon offers
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MU...UvbUpU13053698

Heck, even alcatel idol 5s is under 300
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072Q...UvbUpU13053698

and I leave all xiaomis aside for under 200.

So if you think 100+ for same is not a premium, then what is? And to be honest, you will have more or less same security features/experience with motion as with devices above.

So yeah. What's so special here to pay 450 instead of 300 or a bit under?!
    Hello there! I think what will make the motion special is that the overall package will be better than all of those phones you've mentioned. The motion will have a better built quality, better speed, better multitasking, better protection, better security, better camera, better in-hand-feel etc. However, I do appreciate your sentiments about the price of the phone.
    10-24-17 10:44 AM
    That you'll pay more for less, and you'll end up realizing that you'll have no OS updates, even when older phones still do. That's what's so special about it

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    Well you can upgrade your blackberry phone every year
    10-24-17 10:51 AM
189 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD