lol, yes, i think they can make phone calls, probably sms too, maybe take a picture or gps or even internet...haha

a new brand of phone will receive a new firmware update at least for 2 years, unlike apple.

All typical brick of phones are slab. same goes to all stock androids are same. some tweaks of the UI make it difference between brands
    Talking about updates....
    I own KEY one since mid of July. There was an update in July I think. Then didn't receive update in August. Received one Sepmteber update.. in end of September. Didn't received one for October (is it released already?). so, yeah...
    Wife has Samsung S8. She's getting all the monthly updates since the day one she got it: one in August, one is September, already received her update in October.
    I have Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 as well: Receiving MONTHLY updates OTA for a year now. Bloody chinese phone with OTA updates (carrier independent, lol) for a year.

And I Think Apple receives updates much, much longer. Latest update of iOS 11 - supported by... behold... iPhone 5S (released in 2013) ! Sorry, but I am 100% sure that KEYone will receive no more updates in the same time next year
    10-16-17 07:15 AM
    Definitely not for root based exploits, the QuadRooter vulnerability should be proof of this.
    https://www.androidcentral.com/quadr...security-scare
    Imho this was a bit exaggerated.
    and in the end of the day - updates/patches fix stuff.
    10-16-17 07:29 AM
    I've wondered this too: what makes a phone special? I like my Priv because of the physical keyboard and for so long that's what differentiated BlackBerry from other phones. Truly all slab phones look the same to me. As for what they can do is another question. But seriously, can they even make phone calls?
    The simple fact is: most phones are not special. Just like most people aren't special. A phone is not going to fill that void for anyone.

Sorry for the cold hard truth but it's better to rip that band-aid off now.
    10-16-17 08:28 AM
    Which is why corporations love them. They're secure because Apple has tight control over both the OS and hardware, each app and their files are isolated from other apps and the OS, and users can't muck with anything important.
    Nonsense! Most hackable phone is iPhone, we constantly hear of it, leaked celebrity pictures and all that, and there are third party apps that will accomplish what I stated earlier, so IOS is not restricting any access, it is just not build in the os.
    10-16-17 08:42 AM
    Nonsense! Most hackable phone is iPhone, we constantly hear of it, leaked celebrity pictures and all that, and there are third party apps that will accomplish what I stated earlier, so IOS is not restricting any access, it is just not build in the os.
    None of those hacks are device hacks. People are logging into cloud storage by circumventing weak passwords.
    10-16-17 09:19 AM
    Since car analogies are helpful in illustrating market position, I see the Motion as a cross between a fleet-oriented Toyota Camry and a Ford Transit. It's not the least expensive or the most powerful, but it's a middle of the road practical unit, with a nice balance of features for the typical business user.

It's performance, both in terms of speed and battery life are very well balanced for the majority of users. The security features (hardware root of trust, unrootability, and DTEK software) distinguish it from lower-priced devices.

I doubt enthusiasts will gush over it, but, if carriers promote it, it could compete in the middle tier of phones very nicely.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-16-17 09:30 AM
    https://www.androidcentral.com/quadr...security-scare
    Imho this was a bit exaggerated.
    and in the end of the day - updates/patches fix stuff.
    Nothing in that article mitigates QuadRooter and not all devices get updates/patches in a timely fashion (if at all). Motorola for example only releases patches on a quarterly cycle,

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016...urity-patches/
    10-16-17 10:44 AM
    As Conite just pointed out, hacking weak consumer account cloud passwords is a separate issue from the security of corporate issued and managed devices secured by a mobile device management system.
    10-16-17 10:46 AM
    As Conite just pointed out, hacking weak consumer account cloud passwords is a separate issue from the security of corporate issued and managed devices secured by a mobile device management system.
    and yet, if user uses same password on the enterprise accounts as he uses on personal account on something like yahoo or other hacked service - everything is compromised and all that root of trust and other nonsense flies straight in the bin.
    10-16-17 11:01 AM
    and yet, if user uses same password on the enterprise accounts as he uses on personal account on something like yahoo or other hacked service - everything is compromised and all that root of trust and other nonsense flies straight in the bin.
    It's the enterprise's mobile device management system and policies that establish the level of security for the devices that they control, not the user.
    10-16-17 11:09 AM
    Precisely. And sorry to bring this to you, but there is no much difference between ANY ANDROID device, no matter is it moto, samsung and motion. sadly.
    10-16-17 11:14 AM
    Precisely. And sorry to bring this to you, but there is no much difference between ANY ANDROID device, no matter is it moto, samsung and motion. sadly.
    It's the enterprise's mobile device management system and policies that establish the level of security for the devices that they control, not the user.
    Not quite true. Blackberry Android and Samsung Knox will lock the device if system files have been tampered with. Without these extra features, the company EMM would normally not be able to detect such a compromise.
    Gallofa likes this.
    10-16-17 11:23 AM
    try refine the searh in gsmarena as per link below :

the only phone with 4k battery, 4k ram, and water resistant are below, guest which one is the cheapest among them.

What's so special about this phone?-capture.png
    10-17-17 01:36 AM
    I wonder what would happen if motion was not water resistant. $100 cheaper?
    10-17-17 01:41 AM
    try refine the searh in gsmarena as per link below :

the only phone with 4k battery, 4k ram, and water resistant are below, guest which one is the cheapest among them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	430640
    There is phone called Ulefone armor 2. 6gb ram, 4700mah battery, water resistant. They’re about $260.
    10-17-17 01:45 AM
    what brand is that, never heard of it....lol.
    10-17-17 01:50 AM
    what brand is that, never heard of it....lol.
    There are literally over 100 obscure Chinese phone brands with batteries all over 4k in China right now. And they are all dirt cheap. I don't think it's fair to compare the north American phone market to the Chinese one. Different regulations, prices, market shares, and many other factors.

Sure you can buy a 200 use phone that's specced as good as a note 8. But it's full of Chinese skyward and per stuff and skinned like an iPhone. Not to mention no play store apps and no updates at all.
    There is phone called Ulefone armor 2. 6gb ram, 4700mah battery, water resistant. They’re about $260.
    10-17-17 01:54 AM
    With the emphasis on IP67, home button and huge screen and battery, is it fair to say that the new BB Motion might have the same camera sensor and setup as KEYᴼᴺᴱ?
    10-17-17 10:16 AM
    It supposedly does.
    10-17-17 10:37 AM
    There are literally over 100 obscure Chinese phone brands with batteries all over 4k in China right now. And they are all dirt cheap. I don't think it's fair to compare the north American phone market to the Chinese one. Different regulations, prices, market shares, and many other factors.

Sure you can buy a 200 use phone that's specced as good as a note 8. But it's full of Chinese skyward and per stuff and skinned like an iPhone. Not to mention no play store apps and no updates at all.
    I doubt there is a note 8 spec’ed phone for $200 even in china!
    10-17-17 10:52 AM
    I doubt there is a note 8 spec’ed phone for $200 even in china!
    Closest one is like 550 cad. But my point was try make everything cheap over there. It's something north American doesn't do.
    10-17-17 10:55 AM
    Closest one is like 550 cad. But my point was try make everything cheap over there. It's something north American doesn't do.
    We still have north american brand like TCL, Blu, Oneplus, ZTE, Huawei. They’re very affordable and quality phones.
    10-17-17 11:05 AM
    Don't forget we are mainly consumers in a consumer forum. While I'm sure TCL appreciates the sales we provide, we are not the big fish they are going after.
    This motion thing is targeting a niche market, right? And you know that niche market? It's the Crackberry members. So what big fish are you talking about?
    10-18-17 01:04 AM
    What's so special about this phone? I want to know what differentiates it from its competition. Other wise nice looking product falling to deaf ears..
    Agree, nice looking, comparing with the world, it is just an average phone with high end pricing which does not help to increase its market share. It is designed to target a small market.
    10-18-17 01:13 AM
    This motion thing is targeting a niche market, right? And you know that niche market? It's the Crackberry members. So what big fish are you talking about?
    The big fish are the ones BlackBerry Mobile is targeting here on their website, the ones who are using EMM systems and Android for Work:
    https://www.blackberrymobile.com/ca/business/
    10-18-17 05:47 PM
189 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD