You know what else protects your phone from accidental damage? A freaking protection plan. And it doesn't require hundreds of dollars in stupid, wasteful, and pointlessly compromising engineering.
    ***FACEPALM***
    mister2d and Barbareren like this.
    10-07-17 04:00 PM
    ... iPhone is the worst phone for corporate, you can't organise your emails properly, you can't organise your files properly, weak battery life, you can't change the picture's name...you can't do anything, no sd card, ...
    Which is why corporations love them. They're secure because Apple has tight control over both the OS and hardware, each app and their files are isolated from other apps and the OS, and users can't muck with anything important.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-07-17 05:02 PM
    Lol good thing that "dumbest, DUMBEST gimmick in history" is finally becoming a standard feature for high end and midrange phones.
    High IP ratings actually help protect an electronic device from ACCIDENTAL liquid damage. Doesn't mean that you need to bring it along while deep sea diving.
    Standard or not it's a gimmick to get folks to pay more for the phone.
    duncan86 likes this.
    10-07-17 07:56 PM
    Standard or not it's a gimmick to get folks to pay more for the phone.
    No one's being forced to buy high end. Get one that fits your budget.
    10-10-17 02:55 AM
    That's exactly why TCL is concentrating its efforts over the next year or so on the carriers instead of unlocked device sales to consumers.
    that's ok.. but all you need to do - is go and see the choice of the devices BIG corporation issue as their corporate device
    here's a hint for you:

Forbes top 10 international mega corporation issue following devices (as corporate devices) for their employees in UK. Devices issued via Vodafone (so - operator):

Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 (cost - £270)
    Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (Cost £380)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 (Cost £475)
    iPhone SE (Cost £310)
    iPhone 6S (Cost £370)
    iPhone 7 (Cost £490)

WHO the hell are you going to compete against with your SD device for 400£?
    10-10-17 04:55 AM
    Looks to me the first real successor of the iconic Z30. Though both have different OS but this device sets into motion the true VKB experience loaded with many new features including the camera and jumbo battery.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    10-10-17 05:07 AM
    that's ok.. but all you need to do - is go and see the choice of the devices BIG corporation issue as their corporate device
    here's a hint for you:

Forbes top 10 international mega corporation issue following devices (as corporate devices) for their employees in UK. Devices issued via Vodafone (so - operator):

iPhone SE (Cost £310)
    iPhone 6S (Cost £370)
    iPhone 7 (Cost £490)

Businesses get steep discounts. Their price for the Motion will be much lower too.
    10-10-17 06:15 AM
    Businesses get steep discounts. Their price for the Motion will be much lower too.
    there is no KEYone available. There were no PRIV or DTEKs available as well.

phones are bought from carrier, not from manufacturer. IF carrier pushes and IF IT manager sees the need... otherwise - there is no incentive
    TCM01 likes this.
    10-10-17 07:14 AM
    there is no KEYone available. There were no PRIV or DTEKs available as well.

phones are bought from carrier, not from manufacturer. IF carrier pushes and IF IT manager sees the need... otherwise - there is no incentive
    Ok. You win. TCL should just pack up and go home, despite the apparent success they seem to be having with the brand so far.
    10-10-17 07:15 AM
    No one's being forced to buy high end. Get one that fits your budget.
    I don't what your point is? I was replying that even if it's a gimmick phone manufacturers can charge more money for the phone. It's a good business strategy - charge more for something that doesn't really do anything. That has nothing to do with whether I can afford it.
    10-10-17 07:35 AM
    here's a hint for you:

iPhone SE (Cost £310)
    iPhone 6S (Cost £370)
    iPhone 7 (Cost £490)

Looks to right in the Middle for pricing plus it has features the others don't have. Competitive for the marketplace.
    10-10-17 07:37 AM
    Looks to right in the Middle for pricing plus it has features the others don't have. Competitive for the marketplace.
    Features other don't? Sorry, which ones? did I mis anything?

they have one feature, of course - carrier do not push them.
    10-10-17 07:41 AM
    Ok. You win. TCL should just pack up and go home, despite the apparent success they seem to be having with the brand so far.
    No. I am not saying they should pack up. What I am saying - I cannot find edge how they gonna win customer. Maybe I do not know something and there is a line of CTOs who are ready to pay more?
    10-10-17 07:42 AM
    No. I am not saying they should pack up. What I am saying - I cannot find edge how they gonna win customer. Maybe I do not know something and there is a line of CTOs who are ready to pay more?
    The "edge" is providing a unique package - which they have. The trick is selling enough to make it worthwhile to continue with the brand. Let them worry about that.
    10-10-17 07:44 AM
    I don't think this device is primarily aimed at corporate, having been on these forums for a while now, even since BlackBerry was doing their own distribution even after shifting to android, they are yet to quantify the size of this market and have failed to capture this segment if it exists in the size they think it is. that's why they shifted to software, and TCL is supposedly to carry the brand to a broader segment being consumer. the motion has been launched on a consumer site, axiom doesn't sell corporate, the carriers do, by providing business plans with zero upfront on the device or installments as part of business plans. this device is not being offered as part of any business plans with the two major carriers in the UAE. the point of this is rant, is that we shouldn't be making excuses for what some people on these forums believe this is a sub standard device spec wise, by arguing that it's for the Corporate sector.
    mister2d likes this.
    10-10-17 09:03 AM
    some people on these forums believe this is a sub standard device spec wise, by arguing that it's for the Corporate sector.
    No, people are arguing that it has a mix of features that are more tailored to the Enterprise customer. TCL is more than happy, however, to accommodate spillover in the consumer market.

But as a strict consumer device, TCL has the Alcatel brand.
    10-10-17 09:16 AM
    I don't think this device is primarily aimed at corporate, having been on these forums for a while now, even since BlackBerry was doing their own distribution even after shifting to android, they are yet to quantify the size of this market and have failed to capture this segment if it exists in the size they think it is. that's why they shifted to software, and TCL is supposedly to carry the brand to a broader segment being consumer. the motion has been launched on a consumer site, axiom doesn't sell corporate, the carriers do, by providing business plans with zero upfront on the device or installments as part of business plans. this device is not being offered as part of any business plans with the two major carriers in the UAE. the point of this is rant, is that we shouldn't be making excuses for what some people on these forums believe this is a sub standard device spec wise, by arguing that it's for the Corporate sector.
    I'll argue it's for the consumer space found through carrier-sold devices that are just above entry-level Alcatel devices and below carrier-sold OEM flagship devices that reach consumers and enterprise since both markets are serviced through carriers primarily nowadays and not factory direct except for maybe the largest of corporations and I'm doubtful of even those. AT&T, Verizon and others to lesser extent have more buying power than non-telecoms because, it's their industry and they control it with bundling.
    10-10-17 09:34 AM
    I'd be curious to see how the Motion does when it's launched. When I first learned of it, one of the first things I thought of was, how will it differentiate itself in the market?
    yessuz likes this.
    10-10-17 03:52 PM
    I'd be curious to see how the Motion does when it's launched. When I first learned of it, one of the first things I thought of was, how will it differentiate itself in the market?
    Long lasting battery powered workhorse. A workhorse that can get pretty much get any app you need.
    10-10-17 04:32 PM
    The "edge" is providing a unique package - which they have. The trick is selling enough to make it worthwhile to continue with the brand. Let them worry about that.
    Let me quote an article from The Register:

"Overall the Motion didn't stand out among the many handsets on the GITEX floor. It's well built and executed, but passers-by didn't stop to gawk.

A phone that did get more attention, for what it's worth, is the Neffos X1 Lite. This is a very well-executed five-incher with a modest 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage and an eight-core MediaTek MT6750 SoC. But the X1 Lite's fit and finish make its ~US$100 price tag seem rather too low"

That is All you need to know.
    mister2d likes this.
    10-11-17 08:10 AM
    Long lasting battery powered workhorse. A workhorse that can get pretty much get any app you need.
    Have a read, a bit

https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/20...tion_hands_on/
    10-11-17 08:12 AM
    Let me quote an article from The Register:

"Overall the Motion didn't stand out among the many handsets on the GITEX floor. It's well built and executed, but passers-by didn't stop to gawk.

A phone that did get more attention, for what it's worth, is the Neffos X1 Lite. This is a very well-executed five-incher with a modest 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage and an eight-core MediaTek MT6750 SoC. But the X1 Lite's fit and finish make its ~US$100 price tag seem rather too low"

That is All you need to know.
    That only says that many consumers are spec chasers and/or cheap. Shocking!

This is not the intended market.
    10-11-17 08:13 AM
    That only says that many consumers are spec chasers and are cheap. Shocking!

Conite,
    You and few other persons on this forum have an endless patience to reply for all the stupid and more stupid comparisons...
    You have all my respects!
    yessuz and Rodrigo Lourenco like this.
    10-11-17 08:19 AM
    That only says that many consumers are spec chasers and/or cheap. Shocking!

No matter how stupid it is - it is the reality.

People pay monster sums for inferior (functionally) apples. Come on!

Reality was that BB10 was really good and efficient OS and no one want that.

Talk about market.
    10-11-17 08:31 AM
    No matter how stupid it is - it is the reality.

People pay monster sums for inferior (functionally) apples. Come on!

Reality was that BB10 was really good and efficient OS and no one want that.

Talk about market.
    What does any of this mean?

TCL doesn't want the world - they just want to carve out a small niche in the enterprise space. They are also happy with whatever spillover they can get from BlackBerry enthusiasts.
    tickerguy likes this.
    10-11-17 08:36 AM
189 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD