What's so special about this phone? I want to know what differentiates it from its competition. Other wise nice looking product falling to deaf ears..
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-06-17 12:26 PM
    Hmmm... It's the 1st water resistant BlackBerry.
    AND it has a headphone jack.
    kbrant64 and Carmels like this.
    10-06-17 12:47 PM
    it makes phone calls. I hope.
    10-06-17 04:27 PM
    What's so special about this phone? I want to know what differentiates it from its competition. Other wise nice looking product falling to deaf ears..
    It's a secure enterprise device with a tough build and a long battery life.

Unless you are a BlackBerry fan, or a corporate customer, you will probably be better matched elsewhere.
    10-06-17 04:34 PM
    What's so special about any phone? Not sure what you're looking for...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 07:43 PM
    It's a secure enterprise device with a tough build and a long battery life.

Unless you are a BlackBerry fan, or a corporate customer, you will probably be better matched elsewhere.
    I call this bull**** mate.
    Corporate phones alway have separate profiles. no big difference from any samsung or so.
    10-06-17 07:51 PM
    I call this bull**** mate.
    Corporate phones alway have separate profiles. no big difference from any samsung or so.
    The difference is that BlackBerry Android and Knox will disable the device and prevent access to EMM on compromise.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    10-06-17 07:54 PM
    The difference is that BlackBerry Android and Knox will disable the device and prevent access to EMM on compromise.
    I have KEYone which is used as BYOD with MobileIron.
    Same stuff as other Samsungs - corporate issued or on BYOD. basically - same.
    10-06-17 07:59 PM
    I have KEYone which is used as BYOD with MobileIron.
    Same stuff as other Samsungs - corporate issued or on BYOD. basically - same.
    I'm sorry, but Samsung Knox and BlackBerry Android are a lot different from vanilla Android. Feel free to look it up.

Both have hardware root of trust and Integrity Detection.

BlackBerry Android has a locked bootloader, and Knox will blow a permanent fuse if it is tampered with.

You're probably looking at this from a user perspective, where I would understand you wouldn't SEE much difference on the surface.
    10-06-17 08:03 PM
    it just another android phone to me. It only makes sense that it's for brand loyalists. I don't see any real motive for someone consider this phone if they don't ride for BlackBerry
    Last edited by LamarStarr; 10-06-17 at 08:17 PM.
    10-06-17 08:07 PM
    it just another android phone to me. It only makes sense that it's for brand loyalists. I don't see any real motive for someone look at this phone if they don't ride for BlackBerry
    Exactly. The only incentive to buy this is... super cheap/very competitive price.
    Barbareren likes this.
    10-06-17 08:08 PM
    it just another android phone to me. It only makes sense that it's for brand loyalists. I don't see any real motive for someone look at this phone if they don't ride for BlackBerry
    Brand loyalist, someone who wants a tank with a huge battery, or someone that needs the higher level of corporate security.
    kbrant64 and mundo472 like this.
    10-06-17 08:11 PM
    I'm sorry, but Samsung Knox and BlackBerry Android are a lot different from vanilla Android. Feel free to look it up.

Both have hardware root of trust and Integrity Detection.

BlackBerry Android has a locked bootloader, and Knox will blow a permanent fuse if it is tampered with.

You're probably looking at this from a user perspective, where I would understand you wouldn't SEE much difference on the surface.
    So bootloader is locked. like anywhere else.
    other than that, coprporations have other tools to check the integration of the OS (i.e. rooted devices, additional device admins, etc).

therefore you HAVE to look at this from user perspective.

and if the price will not be attractive - it will be DOA.
    iUser and Barbareren like this.
    10-06-17 08:24 PM
    Exactly. The only incentive to buy this is... super cheap/very competitive price.
    Don't forget we are mainly consumers in a consumer forum. While I'm sure TCL appreciates the sales we provide, we are not the big fish they are going after.
    10-06-17 08:27 PM
    Brand loyalist, someone who wants a tank with a huge battery, or someone that needs the higher level of corporate security.
    There are PLENTY of "tanks with huge battery"!
    Corporate security is another question. Did you know, that for example FORBES TOP 10 international company issues: iPhones and Samsung phones? No a single BB device and using Android For Work/Mobile Iron(BES 12 being decomissioned by end of this year).
    This is a blue chip company with super valuable IP.

Come on, get real!
    10-06-17 08:27 PM
    There are PLENTY of "tanks with huge battery"!
    Corporate security is another question. Did you know, that for example FORBES TOP 10 international company issues: iPhones and Samsung phones? No a single BB device and using Android For Work/Mobile Iron(BES 12 being decomissioned by end of this year).
    This is a blue chip company with super valuable IP.

Come on, get real!
    Yes. IPhone and Samsung Knox. BlackBerry Android wants a piece of that action, and is the only other player that is equal or better in terms of security.
    10-06-17 08:29 PM
    Yes. IPhone and Samsung Knox. BlackBerry Android wants a piece of that action, and is the only other player that is equal or better in terms of security.
    look at that list of knox. it is EVERY device. https://www.samsungknox.com/en/knox-...evices/my-knox

they also support BYOD on MobileIron. ANY android device.

No one cares.
    10-06-17 08:33 PM
    look at that list of knox. it is EVERY device. https://www.samsungknox.com/en/knox-...evices/my-knox

they also support BYOD on MobileIron. ANY android device.

No one cares.
    I'm not sure what we're arguing about.

I'm telling you what the stated target market is - I'm not making claims as to how successful they may ultimately be.

TCL has very reasonable/tempered expectations for the brand, and has been pleasantly surprised with its success to date.

Let's hope for the best, and wish them good luck. If the device isn't for you, then so be it.
    Frank Costanza and zephyr613 like this.
    10-06-17 08:36 PM
    Sorry but this is not how it works.

you need operator to carry devices in order corporations to acquire them. and they are choosing iphones because they get:
    1) all apps (including coprporate ones)
    2) huge discounts

this device - all touch - is just another android device that no one will care
    10-06-17 08:40 PM
    Respected sir am a great fan of bb since last 3 years and I want to see bb as number one company in current market. Why the our company does not provide strong and small display thats about 4.5 inches to 5 inch phone with bb10. We love love love love only BB10 os which is very great mobile operating system. Android with bb10 flavour is k but it also comes with bigger display and it doesn't include BB world. My opinion if it also runs BB world it would be great phone to climb in enterprise market. BB motion comes with Dual operating system that is pure BB10 and Android flavour that I want see..and provide the gestures of Android phone like BB10.

Posted via CB10
    kbrant64 and krazyatom like this.
    10-06-17 08:42 PM
    Hmmm... It's the 1st water resistant BlackBerry.
    AND it has a headphone jack.
    Water resistance is the dumbest, DUMBEST gimmick in history and shows the degree to which Apple has become creatively bankrupt. I'm pretty sure they only got the idea from the famous episode where Steve Jobs dunked an iPod prototype into a fish tank to prove that it had unused space in it.
    10-06-17 08:47 PM
    Sorry but this is not how it works.

you need operator to carry devices in order corporations to acquire them. ...
    That's exactly why TCL is concentrating its efforts over the next year or so on the carriers instead of unlocked device sales to consumers.
    10-06-17 09:21 PM
    Other than the bb software and security there is nothing here for most people.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    10-06-17 09:52 PM
    Other than the bb software and security there is nothing here for most people.
    And that's why TCL's not trying to sell it to most people.
    10-06-17 09:56 PM
    Water resistance is the dumbest, DUMBEST gimmick in history and shows the degree to which Apple has become creatively bankrupt. I'm pretty sure they only got the idea from the famous episode where Steve Jobs dunked an iPod prototype into a fish tank to prove that it had unused space in it.
    Lol good thing that "dumbest, DUMBEST gimmick in history" is finally becoming a standard feature for high end and midrange phones.
    High IP ratings actually help protect an electronic device from ACCIDENTAL liquid damage. Doesn't mean that you need to bring it along while deep sea diving.
    10-06-17 10:12 PM
189 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD