hope they replace the power volume botton with a a pressure sensor thet would be nice. no more clicking bottons
    10-06-17 06:54 PM
    hope they replace the power volume botton with a a pressure sensor thet would be nice. no more clicking bottons
    that's a terrible idea. How will they perform a screen shot or more importantly, a hard reset or boot to safe mode?
    10-06-17 07:13 PM
    Really don't care about the bezels. Just another hype. What I want is rocking battery life and I think the Motion will deliver. Will this get to 3 days of usage?
    That's it - that huge chin is designed to accommodate a battery partially hidden behind it.
    Sigewif likes this.
    10-06-17 08:18 PM
    For what though? The only use for it would be to scroll. Sure that a good idea when you have a pkb but what's the point on an all touch device?
    No idea it's just too big to not have a purpose.
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-06-17 08:20 PM
    Interesting how (some) phones are ditching headphone jacks as "antiquated connections", yet we still have phones that use fixed-location navigation buttons.
    It's probably easier to water proof a phone without holes in them
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 10-06-17 at 08:34 PM.
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-06-17 08:22 PM
    What is a question often asked of Jay Leno, Alex?
    10-06-17 08:43 PM
    It's probably easier to water proof a phone without holes in them
    Easier but not impossible: the Galaxy S8 and LG V30 are IP68 rated, while the Motion is IP67 rated.
    mister2d likes this.
    10-07-17 12:03 AM
    yeah but but if they make the area smaller a La galaxy s7 then it would be nice
    10-07-17 12:12 AM
    I don't know why the fingerprint sensor couldn't be moved to the back, but if this phone is KEYone guts in a full touch body, then if they're reusing enough of the design, then that might have necessitated the front mounted fingerprint scanner.
    I love having the fingerprint sensor in front on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and think I would feel the same with the all touch Motion. Putting the BB logo on it is 👌
    10-07-17 01:45 AM
    It's all subjective. In fact, I think your example of how people try to turn tablets into laptops - with physical keyboard accessories - only shows that people do still prefer typing on physical keys instead of virtual keys if they have to type anything more than a few sentences at a time.

IMO, when it comes to smartphones, the average smartphone owner doesn't use their phone to be "productive". They use them to be entertained and distracted - social media, videos, games, music, eBooks, etc. Oh, and taking selfies, travel pics, and food pics.

Obviously, that pesky physical keyboard would take up precious screen real estate and get in the way of the Stranger Things bingeing and Instagramming. If you ask anyone who has ever used a BlackBerry in the past, they will almost always tell you they miss the physical keyboard. Yet they obviously don't miss it enough to give up their phablets.

But I suppose when most people are content to just let auto-complete, auto-correct, and now AI do all the typing for them, a virtual keyboard will more than suffice.

I'm one of the rare few who prefer to type out each word in its entirety, complete with proper punctuation and spelling. I turn off auto-correct and auto-complete because they are actually counter-productive for me. I spend way too much time going back and fixing auto-completed and auto-corrected words that were done so unnecessarily. So for me, a physical keyboard is ideal and much more productive.
    That was my point.

The physical keyboard to make tablets productive is suggestive, I would argue objective fact, that typing on physical keys is superior to glass.

But it appears that people do not use their smartphones as laptop replacements.

And that's a cold hard fact. There is nothing subjective about it, BlackBerry learned this the hard way and passed on a losing strategy to partners.

However, if you are someone who needs to write a medium to long email all the time or write novels or entire articles on your phone, yes a pkb is superior and preferred. Just that most in the market do not use their phones for this.

I mean it's great you type the way that you do, I like the pkb for that reason as well, but I know we are not going to save the brand and TCL will not be making too many more phones under the brand for much longer.

BTW have you gotten a PRIV or a KEYONE yet? Curious what your thoughts were as I've heard people say the keyone keyboard was the best to date...
    10-07-17 06:22 AM
    Interesting how (some) phones are ditching headphone jacks as "antiquated connections", yet we still have phones that use fixed-location navigation buttons.
    Antiquated? My wife is leaving iphone and getting a BlackBerry because of the removal of connectors.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-07-17 06:35 AM
    I don't know why the fingerprint sensor couldn't be moved to the back, but if this phone is KEYone guts in a full touch body, then if they're reusing enough of the design, then that might have necessitated the front mounted fingerprint scanner.
    For almost the same user experience, it is good to have the fingerprint sensor there where KEYone has it. It should really be called KEYnone after all.
    10-07-17 07:19 AM
    Zing!
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    10-07-17 07:44 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry Leno would have been a better name than motion.
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 10-07-17 at 09:40 AM.
    big_time2 and skinnymike1 like this.
    10-07-17 08:19 AM
    The bezel-less trend is almost as absurd as getting rid of the headphone jack.

I'm sure BlackBerry Mobile has done their market research and has seen that, for their target market, screen-to-body ratio is way, way down on the list of what they look for in a smartphone.
    I tend to agree with you.

The Keyone is about as thin of bezel I want. I've played with the Galaxy 8 and it's annoying to have the screen so close to my hand holding it. Awkward, for me, anyway. I didn't like it.

And... the headphone jack is another thing I want. I don't want to deal with wireless buds. I like having a set of earphones in several places just in case I need them.

While you don't mention it here, I also find the pursuit of "as thin as possible" designs equally annoying. Give me some durability and battery life, please.

And lastly; my fingerprint sensor works just fine, fast, secure. I have no interest in opening my phone by face. Not sure the point outside of making unlocking potentially frustrating.

No wonder I love my Keyone. Some of these "innovations" sound like overthinking things to me.
    Last edited by Frank Costanza; 10-07-17 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    10-07-17 10:42 AM
    It's all subjective. In fact, I think your example of how people try to turn tablets into laptops - with physical keyboard accessories - only shows that people do still prefer typing on physical keys instead of virtual keys if they have to type anything more than a few sentences at a time.

IMO, when it comes to smartphones, the average smartphone owner doesn't use their phone to be "productive". They use them to be entertained and distracted - social media, videos, games, music, eBooks, etc. Oh, and taking selfies, travel pics, and food pics.

Obviously, that pesky physical keyboard would take up precious screen real estate and get in the way of the Stranger Things bingeing and Instagramming. If you ask anyone who has ever used a BlackBerry in the past, they will almost always tell you they miss the physical keyboard. Yet they obviously don't miss it enough to give up their phablets.

But I suppose when most people are content to just let auto-complete, auto-correct, and now AI do all the typing for them, a virtual keyboard will more than suffice.

I'm one of the rare few who prefer to type out each word in its entirety, complete with proper punctuation and spelling. I turn off auto-correct and auto-complete because they are actually counter-productive for me. I spend way too much time going back and fixing auto-completed and auto-corrected words that were done so unnecessarily. So for me, a physical keyboard is ideal and much more productive.
    I agree with every word you typed. Typed undoubtedly on a physical keyboard!

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    10-08-17 01:15 AM
    Maybe the big chin on the Motion is to accomodate a PKB attachment that they haven't yet announced
    10-08-17 04:48 AM
    Maybe the "chin" is to be a place to rest your fingers so as to not accidentally touch the touch screen buttons.
    10-08-17 05:38 AM
    I'm thinking all capacitive
    One mystery solved.
    Attached Thumbnails What's the giant chin for?-151274.jpg  
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-08-17 11:45 AM
    I love my BlackBerries to survive concrete mishaps. This one looks like a survivor
    10-08-17 06:02 PM
    I'm thinking all capacitive
    You can pull down the notifications by swiping down on the home button. Hence avoid moving your finger all the way to the top of the big screen.
    10-08-17 09:38 PM
    You can pull down the notifications by swiping down on the home button. Hence avoid moving your finger all the way to the top of the big screen.
    Brilliant that should of been built into K1 with swiping down on keyboard, unless It is now, also bb10 but I won't mention that dead OS anymore.

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    10-08-17 09:57 PM
    Brilliant that should of been built into K1 with swiping down on keyboard, unless It is now, also bb10 but I won't mention that dead OS anymore.

You just did.
    dmlis likes this.
    10-08-17 11:31 PM

Motion comes with Oreo? Perhaps the KEYᵒᶰᵉ Oreo will have these options
    10-08-17 11:45 PM
    Fantastic. I was set to post this. The chin doesn't look so big when you look at the functionality.
    10-09-17 08:36 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD