Motion comes with Oreo? Perhaps the KEYᵒᶰᵉ Oreo will have these options
    Motion launches with Nougat, getting Oreo in the new year as per BlackBerry

Just hope it won't be like the Priv, where it gets Oreo very late in 2018 and then gets cast aside when P comes out
    10-09-17 10:06 AM
    10-09-17 04:21 PM
    Scrolling function of button!?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 06:01 PM
    doesn't seem like a scrolling function to me. I'm guessing double click brings up the notification tray from the home screen. that chin is way too big.
    10-10-17 12:18 AM
    It is scrolling but just for the notification center pull down. That's nothing special for BB, some other Android devices having it.
    10-10-17 12:36 AM
    It is scrolling but just for the notification center pull down. That's nothing special for BB, some other Android devices having it.
    I actually started a thread asking about a hand on specifically asking that question. I have a feeling that this is only pulling down the notification tray which as you said, other android devices already use. I don't believe it will have the same capabilities as the KEYone keyboard or I would assume these people in this clip would have scrolled through the home pages or the app tray or something.
    10-10-17 04:45 PM
    this huge chin is a major design flaw nowadays, they could have mounted that trackpad on a small bezel, bezeless devices are what are in now, and before the motion was even launched many sites where already criticising this design approach being dated.
    10-11-17 01:57 AM
    Scrolling function of button!?

Posted via CB10
    Shocking that the only video for the launch of this device is an amateur video off the stand, without even a proper review or features video released by BlackBerry Mobile. What they anticipate that it will go viral on its own.
    10-11-17 01:59 AM
    I actually started a thread asking about a hand on specifically asking that question. I have a feeling that this is only pulling down the notification tray which as you said, other android devices already use. I don't believe it will have the same capabilities as the KEYone keyboard or I would assume these people in this clip would have scrolled through the home pages or the app tray or something.
    Scrolling function would come in way of Notification pull down function
    Suppose you are browsing a webpage, you want to scroll up. That gesture can either work for scrolling the webpage at that point or bringing down the notification tray.
    Rather stick to it bringing down the notification tray at all times no matter where you are in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 02:32 AM
    Scrolling function would come in way of Notification pull down function
    Suppose you are browsing a webpage, you want to scroll up. That gesture can either work for scrolling the webpage at that point or bringing down the notification tray.
    Rather stick to it bringing down the notification tray at all times no matter where you are in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying that if I'm on that webpage, I can't scroll down, only up? Or can it be set to do one or the other: scrolling or notification tray?
    10-11-17 03:49 AM
    Are you saying that if I'm on that webpage, I can't scroll down, only up? Or can it be set to do one or the other: scrolling or notification tray?
    Neither.
    I am saying there are no trackpad capabilities to the Fingerprint sensor because that would come in way of the notification drop down capabilities.
    BlackBerry chose to go with just the notification drop down capabilities. Both can't co exist

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-11-17 04:09 AM
    Neither.
    I am saying there are no trackpad capabilities to the Fingerprint sensor because that would come in way of the notification drop down capabilities.
    BlackBerry chose to go with just the notification drop down capabilities. Both can't co exist

Posted via CB10
    Home screen mode could be different than in app modes, or a setting to enable one over the other. KEYone keyboard can be set on home screen mode for universal search or shortcuts but in app modes this feature doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 10:17 AM
    Home screen mode could be different than in app modes, or a setting to enable one over the other. KEYone keyboard can be set on home screen mode for universal search or shortcuts but in app modes this feature doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    But those are keys. This is the sensor.
    Android works in a way which makes the notification tray accessible from anywhere and every where via the same gesture no matter where you are in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 10:32 AM
    But those are keys. This is the sensor.
    Android works in a way which makes the notification tray accessible from anywhere and every where via the same gesture no matter where you are in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Of course we don't know and we will have to wait until a proper feature video is released but it is possible to change the function of the button based on what is being displayed.

This is just a button and the notifications tray would always be accessible via the normal swipe from the top. Although I don't see both modes operating at the same time I could see a option to change the inherent swipe function of the button.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 11:24 PM
    Of course we don't know and we will have to wait until a proper feature video is released but it is possible to change the function of the button based on what is being displayed.

This is just a button and the notifications tray would always be accessible via the normal swipe from the top. Although I don't see both modes operating at the same time I could see a option to change the inherent swipe function of the button.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they can't operate at the same time
    But having that option might confuse things.
    But yeah would be good to have that option for people.
    But that option should be turned off by default.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 11:31 PM
    Neither.

Posted via CB10
    That would be odd as could of went with on screen capabilities versus buttons or even added another button like LG does virtually for the drop down tray. That's my favorite feature of the LG android experience and so simple. As in adding the little virtual button for the dropdown shade, up or down. Why use so much technology only to be limited. I can't wait to see..

Although some samsung people are saying zero chin is not good either so how do they win? Plus that huge battery?

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    10-12-17 11:25 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD