I'm thinking all capacitive
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-06-17 11:37 AM
    Betcha the back and square buttons are on there.
    10-06-17 11:41 AM
    That, or the one button does all three things (like how Huawei does it with the P10).
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-06-17 11:44 AM
    so you have somewhere to rest your wrists.
    :^)
    10-06-17 11:48 AM
    Really don't care about the bezels. Just another hype. What I want is rocking battery life and I think the Motion will deliver. Will this get to 3 days of usage?
    big_time2 and horked like this.
    10-06-17 11:59 AM
    Interesting how (some) phones are ditching headphone jacks as "antiquated connections", yet we still have phones that use fixed-location navigation buttons.
    skinnymike1 and big_time2 like this.
    10-06-17 12:03 PM
    For what though? The only use for it would be to scroll. Sure that a good idea when you have a pkb but what's the point on an all touch device?
    10-06-17 12:05 PM
    Good point on the "antiquated" home button post! As for the post questioning scrolling with the home button, I'd say to reduce screen smudging.

Most likely posted via CB10 from my amazing Z30, but may have been posted from my awesome PlayBook.
    10-06-17 12:17 PM
    They better have a special function for that massive bottom bezel. Otherwise that would look extremely ugly and vastly outdated for a phone coming out almost in 2018.
    xweb10 and big_time2 like this.
    10-06-17 01:39 PM
    so you have somewhere to rest your wrists.
    :^)
    Best comment of the day. Thank you for the chuckle.
    FF22, big_time2 and Jake Bucknam like this.
    10-06-17 01:52 PM
    The bezel-less trend is almost as absurd as getting rid of the headphone jack.

I'm sure BlackBerry Mobile has done their market research and has seen that, for their target market, screen-to-body ratio is way, way down on the list of what they look for in a smartphone.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-06-17 02:00 PM
    It would be very cool if they put a toolbelt there, android buttons be damned.

OS 10.3.2.2530 on my Q10
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    10-06-17 02:03 PM
    I don't want a Home button. I loved the "swipe up" option to wake up the phone on BB10, and swipe left/right/up/down on the screen to do everything else.
    10-06-17 03:01 PM
    I don't know why the fingerprint sensor couldn't be moved to the back, but if this phone is KEYone guts in a full touch body, then if they're reusing enough of the design, then that might have necessitated the front mounted fingerprint scanner.
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-06-17 03:06 PM
    Are we sure the home button works as a scrolling ball too? Cos that would be good.

I also wish there was an arrow to click like on computers.
    big_time2 and seletok like this.
    10-06-17 03:13 PM
    The bezel-less trend is almost as absurd as getting rid of the headphone jack.

I'm sure BlackBerry Mobile has done their market research and has seen that, for their target market, screen-to-body ratio is way, way down on the list of what they look for in a smartphone.
    Loll while I agree it's an absurd trend they do indeed look pretty cool.

Might I point out though that laptops have not been replaced by tablets at all, in fact, those that do push for their tablets as laptop replacements pretty much make them more like a laptop, the biggest feature being a physical keyboard.

In the smartphone space however, the use cases for them have obviously been different because more and more people use slabs just fine and less and less use a keyboard phone.

It really comes down to the use case and I believe speaking about computers and keyboards as proof a pkb on a phone is more productive is proven already by now, inaccurate.

TCL can keep trying though.
    10-06-17 03:17 PM
    Some people think a giant chin aids in typing when it only holds true when the keyboard is physical.

In the G6 or S8 it balances perfectly. Has nothing to do with the chin or lack thereof.
    10-06-17 03:19 PM
    I don't want a Home button. I loved the "swipe up" option to wake up the phone on BB10, and swipe left/right/up/down on the screen to do everything else.
    That is now reserved for the Apple X.
    10-06-17 04:35 PM
    Loll while I agree it's an absurd trend they do indeed look pretty cool.

Might I point out though that laptops have not been replaced by tablets at all, in fact, those that do push for their tablets as laptop replacements pretty much make them more like a laptop, the biggest feature being a physical keyboard.

In the smartphone space however, the use cases for them have obviously been different because more and more people use slabs just fine and less and less use a keyboard phone.

It really comes down to the use case and I believe speaking about computers and keyboards as proof a pkb on a phone is more productive is proven already by now, inaccurate.

TCL can keep trying though.
    It's all subjective. In fact, I think your example of how people try to turn tablets into laptops - with physical keyboard accessories - only shows that people do still prefer typing on physical keys instead of virtual keys if they have to type anything more than a few sentences at a time.

IMO, when it comes to smartphones, the average smartphone owner doesn't use their phone to be "productive". They use them to be entertained and distracted - social media, videos, games, music, eBooks, etc. Oh, and taking selfies, travel pics, and food pics.

Obviously, that pesky physical keyboard would take up precious screen real estate and get in the way of the Stranger Things bingeing and Instagramming. If you ask anyone who has ever used a BlackBerry in the past, they will almost always tell you they miss the physical keyboard. Yet they obviously don't miss it enough to give up their phablets.

But I suppose when most people are content to just let auto-complete, auto-correct, and now AI do all the typing for them, a virtual keyboard will more than suffice.

I'm one of the rare few who prefer to type out each word in its entirety, complete with proper punctuation and spelling. I turn off auto-correct and auto-complete because they are actually counter-productive for me. I spend way too much time going back and fixing auto-completed and auto-corrected words that were done so unnecessarily. So for me, a physical keyboard is ideal and much more productive.
    dmlis likes this.
    10-06-17 04:49 PM
    I am always glad for a bit of bezel. Gives a place to grab when I don't want to touch the screen.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    10-06-17 04:55 PM
    That, or the one button does all three things (like how Huawei does it with the P10).
    Personally I think that would be stupid and very very confusing.
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-06-17 04:56 PM
    It would be very cool if they put a toolbelt there, android buttons be damned.

OS 10.3.2.2530 on my Q10
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 05:09 PM
    It's all subjective. In fact, I think your example of how people try to turn tablets into laptops - with physical keyboard accessories - only shows that people do still prefer typing on physical keys instead of virtual keys if they have to type anything more than a few sentences at a time.

IMO, when it comes to smartphones, the average smartphone owner doesn't use their phone to be "productive". They use them to be entertained and distracted - social media, videos, games, music, eBooks, etc. Oh, and taking selfies, travel pics, and food pics.

Obviously, that pesky physical keyboard would take up precious screen real estate and get in the way of the Stranger Things bingeing and Instagramming. If you ask anyone who has ever used a BlackBerry in the past, they will almost always tell you they miss the physical keyboard. Yet they obviously don't miss it enough to give up their phablets.

But I suppose when most people are content to just let auto-complete, auto-correct, and now AI do all the typing for them, a virtual keyboard will more than suffice.

I'm one of the rare few who prefer to type out each word in its entirety, complete with proper punctuation and spelling. I turn off auto-correct and auto-complete because they are actually counter-productive for me. I spend way too much time going back and fixing auto-completed and auto-corrected words that were done so unnecessarily. So for me, a physical keyboard is ideal and much more productive.
    Agree 100%
    10-06-17 05:41 PM
    The huge bezel is fine. The average user doesn't care. If it goes on Facebook and google stuff then it's fine for like 98% of people.

For me, I like the latest is, latest specs and keyboard. But since BlackBerry didn't update the PRIV I have had to look elsewhere for a phone.

I personally think this phone looks great and really stand out from everything else. It doesn't have curved glass, or a giant screen, it isn't about the latest specs. It's just about being a device that works. And because of that enterprises will look at it.

If the price is right. (It's BlackBerry branded so it won't be)
    TCM01 likes this.
    10-06-17 05:53 PM
    Personally I think that would be stupid and very very confusing.
    I'm trying out a Moto E4 and it has a fingerprint sensor on the front that you can use in this way. It's a lot easier than you might think and makes for a cleaner screen without the on-screen nav buttons, IMO.
    TCM01 likes this.
    10-06-17 05:56 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD