11-21-17 03:01 PM
26 12
tools
    Is it single or stereo speakers?
    Is it loud and clear?
    10-30-17 12:29 AM
    Single speaker for music and videos.
    10-30-17 12:31 AM
    is it good quality or comparable to the priv?
    10-30-17 08:47 AM
    If it's comparable to the Priv, I'll be happy.
    10-30-17 03:24 PM
    normal speaker
    10-30-17 06:21 PM
    I was hoping the speaker was like the z30
    10-31-17 07:07 PM
    I was hoping the speaker was like the z30
    Not much equals the Z30 speakers.
    the brother likes this.
    10-31-17 10:20 PM
    If only they could drop BlackBerry Android into this beast:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=AnYiil3i

For those of us who value good sound, big battery, lag free performance - wow! Just needs the BlackBerry special sauce.
    gebco likes this.
    11-01-17 11:09 PM
    Has anyone tested out real world? I use speaker phone a lot on the passport. Wanted to know how the motion performed. I returned by keyone due to speaker performance.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 01:26 PM
    I would EXPECT it will be similar to the KeyOne, since it has the same down-firing grill the KeyOne has.

Note that water resistance impacts the speaker; specifically, a water-resistant device must have a speaker surround (both around the edges and in the center) that is waterproof, and the cone must also be waterproof (e.g. poly rather than saturated paper.) This USUALLY means a waterproof phone has less speaker volume and fidelity than one which is not. Not always, but usually....
    11-05-17 02:06 PM
    I returned by keyone due to speaker performance.

Posted via CB10
    Lol this is just about the last thing I expected someone to return a K1 for.
    11-05-17 03:41 PM
    Lol this is just about the last thing I expected someone to return a K1 for.
    Lol. I know. But I didn't realize how much I used it for conference calls until people started getting annoyed at me for asking them to repeat what they said etc etc. I'm terribly spoiled I guess.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 03:58 PM
    I would return it too if the speaker isn't any good.
    I use the loudspeaker for 80% of calls. I start every call with the loudspeaker until they answer the phone, then I might put the phone against my ear if surrounding conditions are not good.
    11-05-17 04:30 PM
    I would return it too if the speaker isn't any good.
    I use the loudspeaker for 80% of calls. I start every call with the loudspeaker until they answer the phone, then I might put the phone against my ear if surrounding conditions are not good.
    I never once thought the speaker of the K1 is not serviceable, but to each their own.
    11-05-17 05:33 PM
    Has there been an update to this specifically the volume. I don't care much for quality as long as I can understand what is being said.

The reviews so far just mention that it is a mono speaker. Another example of how most tech sites don't know how to review a BlackBerry phone as I think the speaker is important to us for calls and videos second.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 12:40 PM
    Yeah I was hoping the Z30 would be a design staple moving forward with the dual speakers. Perhaps cost? But I would think speakers are one of the cheaper components.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 12:45 PM
    It's not cost -- it's mostly space and engineering considerations inside the case.
    11-17-17 01:25 PM
    haven't heard the speakers on the K1, but have used the Motion several times for speaker calls. no issues with clarity or volume. Have a Z30 as well. Listening to music/videos through the speakers on the Motion lacks the quality of sound experienced from the Z30 speakers.
    the brother likes this.
    11-18-17 09:17 PM
    Passport and Playbook speakers are the best of any BB devices, in my experience. Bar none.
    11-18-17 10:58 PM
    Passport and Playbook speakers are the best of any BB devices, in my experience. Bar none.
    Agreed 100% but I have to add the Z30 in that list.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and the brother like this.
    11-19-17 12:50 AM
    I agree the passport is good but the passport had down firing speakers not front like the playbook. The playbook is a tablet so hard to compare to a mobile phone but maybe the best in any device I have seen. The z30 speakers were on the back so good when flat on a table but when held sometimes your hand would muffle unless you cup it.

Posted via CB10
    the brother likes this.
    11-19-17 08:14 PM
    I agree the passport is good but the passport had down firing speakers not front like the playbook. The playbook is a tablet so hard to compare to a mobile phone but maybe the best in any device I have seen. The z30 speakers were on the back so good when flat on a table but when held sometimes your hand would muffle unless you cup it.

Posted via CB10
    I don’t know. If I watch a YouTube video on the Passport speakerphone it sounds amazing. I’m a musician so sound quality is important to me. I wish other devices were as good. I have a Samsung S8 as well and the speakers are far inferior to any BB device I’ve used.
    11-19-17 08:18 PM
    The speakers are not as good as DTEK60, Z30 or Passport, but sufficient.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-19-17 08:50 PM
    The Passport really did have amazing speakers -- it was loud and clear enough to actually play a video for someone in a BAR and have it be clearly audible..... that's not happening with any of the modern devices......
    andy957 likes this.
    11-20-17 08:57 AM
    The PB speakers were legendary especially for 2011 when it launched. The passport is a close second. I still have both devices and both still sound fantastic. It’s been a while since I’ve had a z30 but I do remember great speakers there as well.

There’s really no reason these days that a second speaker can’t be added to the earpiece. Cost would be negligible but sound quality would be so much better. Samsung, I’m looking at you.

This is especially true for the motion, targeted for enterprise where conference and speakerphone calls are a given.

But..... common sense is just not in the bb DNA, regardless of who’s steering the ship.
    the brother likes this.
    11-21-17 02:42 PM
26 12