Great! and how is the 'chin' in real life usage? is it really that big, or is it not much worse than iPhone 8 Plus?

man! Doubting so much between Motion and KeyOne haha
    11-21-17 05:14 PM
    Been using it for several hours now. Coming from a Priv. Convenience key is useless unless I'm missing something. Once you program the three apps and you press the button, the three icons show up and you hit the one you want to launch, and when your done, you close the app and suddenly... you notice there's another app open...its the Convenience Key app...and then you have to close that also. Unless I'm missing something, this is a total fail. It should be called the Inconvenience Key.

The phone, compared to the Priv is incredibly light weight. The battery life seems to be excellent. The response time compared to the Priv is better. So, these two things alone make it an upgrade. But...I will definitely miss the swipe up on the Priv. Will post more as I continue to use the handset.
    11-21-17 06:17 PM
    Yes I can't see the purpose of the Convenience Key either. Prefer what there was before.
    11-22-17 12:31 PM
    Great! and how is the 'chin' in real life usage? is it really that big, or is it not much worse than iPhone 8 Plus?

man! Doubting so much between Motion and KeyOne haha
    Doesn't bother me. It's a nice big screen so I forget it's there. Fingerprint needs to go somewhere so that is probably the logical place. Fingerprint works every time.
    11-22-17 12:32 PM
    Yes I can't see the purpose of the Convenience Key either. Prefer what there was before.
    I am going to force myself to use it. I've got WiFi on/off toggle, flashlight and Bluetooth set on the convenience key...and I am gong to use it!

I ignore the app that seems to remain open and just hit the button again and it goes away.
    11-22-17 05:49 PM
    If you are in Edmonton there is a working Motion and Keyone side by side at the Bell store in Kingsway Mall. The Keyone made a more favourable impression on me. I found the Motion to be larger than I would want in a phone. I do like the BlackBerry VKB though. I thought the Motion was priced well enough. At the Canadian Carriers there is not much for 600 dollars . Many are more expensive and some cheaper.

I liked the Essential at Telus.

If you are with Bell and I think Rogers , check out the deals at Costco for new activations .
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 11-23-17 at 11:54 PM.
    11-22-17 05:54 PM
    If you are in Edmonton there is a working Motion and Keyone side by side at the Bell store in Kingsway Mall. The Keyone made a more favourable impression on me. I found the Motion to be larger than I would want in a phone. I do like the BlackBerry VKB though. I thought the Motion was priced well enough. At the Canadian Carriers there is not much for 600 dollars . Many are more expensive and some cheaper.

I liked the Essential at Telus.

If you are with Bell and I think Rogers , check out the deals at Costco for new activations .
    I tried CostCo, and they would not bring in the phone for me.

Went back to a Bell store, and got a free gig of data, and Google Home...
    I like my Motion...I am missing the power button on the top left side, as I always said the phones were made for left handers , like my self.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-24-17 04:22 PM
    Good to know. I did see a Keyone there. Did you also get the BlackFriday 100 bucks off ?

It seems to me that about 500 Cdn is a reasonable price. For an all touch phone there are options and phone subsidies but there is only one PKB phone.
    11-24-17 04:58 PM
    I was just looking at the iPhone X and I have to say the swipe up motion to close is really cool n useful...too bad BlackBerry dropped it for its devices
    11-24-17 07:36 PM
    Motion is wasting real estate compared with PRIV. Screen 2.5mm larger but body approx 8mm longer. PRIV was already on limits of a long phone; Motion is too long.
    11-25-17 11:46 AM
    So would you prefer the fingerprint button elsewhere? The 'chin' doesn't bother me at all now.
    11-25-17 11:51 AM
    I was just looking at the iPhone X and I have to say the swipe up motion to close is really cool n useful...too bad BlackBerry dropped it for its devices
    They had a swipe up action with the Priv. They should pursue it again.
    11-25-17 12:55 PM
    Does it have picture password?
    Lift to wake ?
    Facedown to mute?
    Screen notification and reply?

Posted via CB10
    Yes - Picture password
    No - Lift to wake
    Yes - Face down to mute
    Yes - Toast notifications and quick reply
    11-28-17 11:22 AM
63 123