Anyone else getting these random, full screen adds when they wake up their phones?

They can be for anything..
    07-23-19 09:07 PM
    What did you install recently?? Looks to me like adware/malware.... When I am waking my Motion up I am getting some nice wallpaper...
    07-24-19 01:43 AM
    Secure phone haha..
    I got it once from gif maker app from playstore.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-24-19 02:17 AM
    Secure phone haha..
    This has nothing to do with the phone being secure or not. If you give permission to install crap, system will install crap. You, HUMAN agreed to this, so it is not the machines fault...
    BigAl_BB9900 and tmarcin like this.
    07-24-19 05:51 AM
    This has nothing to do with the phone being secure or not. If you give permission to install crap, system will install crap. You, HUMAN agreed to this, so it is not the machines fault...
    I always think dtek could easily detect odd behavior or permission of an app (or whatever crap installed in the phone), like permission to “appear on top” of other app. That ad’s app simply has access to appear on top of the other app. And use that permission to show ad that could interrupt your screen.

OP, If you could check which apps that has that permission checked on, the problem will be solved by check that off or simply uninstall it.
    melhiore and elfabio80 like this.
    07-24-19 06:28 AM
    I always think dtek could easily detect odd behavior or permission of an app (or whatever crap installed in the phone), like permission to “appear on top” of other app. That ad’s app simply has access to appear on top of the other app. And use that permission to show ad that could interrupt your screen.
    Well, I have to agree with this as I see the point of using DTEK in the first place. Never happened to me so not sure if this will require user to click "install anyway" etc...
    07-24-19 06:34 AM
    Well, I have to agree with this as I see the point of using DTEK in the first place. Never happened to me so not sure if this will require user to click "install anyway" etc...

OP, If you could check which apps that has that permission checked on, the problem will be solved by check that off or simply uninstall it.
    DTEK is not designed to be big brother and constantly monitor everything going on - that would bring the system to its knees. It's not some kind of draconian AI.

It monitors permissions (interupt-driven), and reports on BlackBerry Integrity Detection's periodic checksum runs on the system files that verifies their integrity. BBID also monitors requests for acquiring elevated privileges, which would also be reported by DTEK.
    melhiore and tmarcin like this.
    07-24-19 10:57 AM
    Some app is using its permissions to spam malvertising.

Look at your app permissions and see what apps have 'Display Over Other Apps' permission. Anything not Google or you KNOW why that app has that permission either disable that permission or uninstall the app.
    rocnrol and chain13 like this.
    07-24-19 01:19 PM
    Secure phone haha..
    you know the old story..............junk in equals junk out.
    07-24-19 02:51 PM