I desperately would love to try a motion for a few months, but at this stage of the game I think $600(CAD) is far too much. I need a BBD100-2 model, what is the cheapest price I can get one for in Canada; it has to be new or factory refurbished with warranty?

Ta ever so
    08-10-18 04:55 PM
    It will necessitate signing up with Koodo. Motions are available for $310-$360 ($50 credit may apply) when you sign up for a plan OR already are a Koodo customer with an applicable plan.

https://www.koodomobile.com/region/select
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    08-10-18 05:03 PM
    It will necessitate signing up with Koodo. Motions are available for $310-$360 ($50 credit may apply) when you sign up for a plan OR already are a Koodo customer with an applicable plan.

https://www.koodomobile.com/region/select
    Here's the rub; my current plan is $50 with 13GB, unlimited calling, blah, blah, blah and with unlimited US roaming data & text, with 2,400 minutes of US voice roaming and I don't want to give up that plan. If I take on the Koodo plan, if I pay the phone off early I'll be responsible for the whole $605 (full plan pay off and device balance) plus plan activation and cancelling fees. I could run the Koodo plan to termination but I'll be paying for two plans and not anymore ahead, in fact, I'd probably be worse off.

Anyhow, thanks for the idea!
    08-10-18 05:10 PM
    I wouldn't sacrifice your plan either.
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    08-10-18 05:14 PM
    where did you get that plan? that's amazing. I thought my plan was good
    08-11-18 07:28 AM
    where did you get that plan? that's amazing. I thought my plan was good
    It's a grandfathered plan from Freedom, it's the original Smartphone 50 Plan and the only version that came with the unlimited US roaming; plus 3GB bonus.
    08-12-18 01:49 AM
    How anyone needs 13 gigs of data is beyond me. I pay $40 for 2 gigs and unlimited calling and I seldom get to one gig. The US roaming is nice but I only get there every 2 years or so. I guess everyone has different habits. The koodo plan was like getting the phone for free for me. lol
    08-12-18 03:31 PM
    How anyone needs 13 gigs of data is beyond me. I pay $40 for 2 gigs and unlimited calling and I seldom get to one gig. The US roaming is nice but I only get there every 2 years or so. I guess everyone has different habits. The koodo plan was like getting the phone for free for me. lol
    I don't need 13GB, I don't even really need the pre-bonus 10GB as I rarely go over 3GBs of data monthly. I did hit 7GB of use once as my A8 used 4 GBs of data in 2 days during set up so it was nice to have that flexibility. But, apps are getting more data reliant and I see the data limit as a way of possibly future proofing my plan. I buy my technology the same way; buy far more than I currently need and it'll last me twice as long (my current laptop is 5 years old and still working like a charm. Despite the abuse I throw at it daily, and I do, it's hardly breaking a sweat and I'll probably get at least another 3 or four years out of it).

But, it's the US roaming that I stay for. I'm in the US for about 12 weeks a year (on and off) on business and not having to worry about overages; not having to switch to local SIMs; not paying $12 a day to Rogers, Bell, or Telus; or not having to worry about hitting ridiculous caps is a God-send and nothing, so far, has convinced me to move despite some pretty decent efforts. I'm saving hundreds, possibly even thousands of dollars per year, but it's the convenience that I really like about it.
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 08-13-18 at 06:38 AM.
    08-13-18 06:17 AM
    As much as I love to 'brag' about my plan, I would love to know where I can get a Motion BBD100-2 for less than $600, they must exist surely! Because of the length of time I keep my devices I do require new or factory reconditioned with full warranty. I've scoured Amazon and eBay and that particular model is $600 at a minimum, as much as $850 in some places. I will NOT do business on Kijiji or other such sites after personal experience and the lack of support and protection.

Please, anyone help a fellow CrackBerrian out and point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 08-13-18 at 10:25 AM.
    08-13-18 06:21 AM
    As much as I love to 'brag' about my plan, I would love to know where I can get a Motion BBD100-2 for less than $600, they must exist surely! Because of the length of time I keep my devices I do require new or factory reconditioned with full warranty. I've scoured Amazon and eBay and that particular model is $600 at a minimum, as much as $850 in some places. I will NOT do business on Kijiji or other such sites after personal experience and the lack of support and protection.

Please, anyone help a fellow CrackBerrian out and point me in the right direction?
    I would still get the phone from Koodo, this is how.

Get a $45 per month plan from Koodo which is the cheapest plan there is which qualifies for small tab.

The Motion costs $360 even if you were to pay your tab off at once.

There is also $50 referral credit you can get if you get a referral code from an existing Koodo user like myself.

So to do the math.

$45 plan x 3 months (minimum 90 days needed before you can pay tab off) + $360 for Motion - $50 referral credit = $445

There is no cancellation fee and sim card is free with no activation cost (if you do it yourself online)

Koodo is the best deal for the Motion right now. You won't find a better price for a new Motion else where. Some people are selling their used Motions for more than what Koodo charges for a brand new Motion. Lol.
    08-13-18 04:31 PM
    I would still get the phone from Koodo, this is how.

Get a $45 per month plan from Koodo which is the cheapest plan there is which qualifies for small tab.

The Motion costs $360 even if you were to pay your tab off at once.

There is also $50 referral credit you can get if you get a referral code from an existing Koodo user like myself.

So to do the math.

$45 plan x 3 months (minimum 90 days needed before you can pay tab off) + $360 for Motion - $50 referral credit = $445

There is no cancellation fee and sim card is free with no activation cost (if you do it yourself online)
    Thanks for this but this is not exactly the way a Koodo Rep explained it to me a couple of days ago. From what she was saying I can get out of the contract after 3 months but I'd need to pay for the full 24 months plus the $360 for the device (So in this case: (24x45)+360 = $1,440).
    08-13-18 04:38 PM
    Thanks for this but this is not exactly the way a Koodo Rep explained it to me a couple of days ago. From what she was saying I can get out of the contract after 3 months but I'd need to pay for the full 24 months plus the $360 for the device (So in this case: (24x45)+360 = $1,440).
    No, that is not true at all!

As long as you pay your tab off there is no obligation for you to stay with Koodo. And they cannot make you pay for the entire two years.

I have moved from Koodo to another carrier after I paid off my Motion after 3 months. I was only charged the months I have used + tab amount.
    08-13-18 04:46 PM
    No, that is not true at all!

As long as you pay your tab off there is no obligation for you to stay with Koodo. And they cannot make you pay for the entire two years.

I have moved from Koodo to another carrier after I paid off my Motion after 3 months. I was only charged the months I have used + tab amount.
    I do appreciate what you're saying but I just checked the numbers the Koodo rep wrote down for me and they confirm what she told me at the time. I just checked their website and there's info on how to pay off a tab but not on what happens if you break a contract. I'll pay another visit to a different Koodo booth and see what they say. I don't want to be left with a big bill if I dump them after 24 months.

What model is yours? I need BD100-2. I understand that Telus uses the -1 model, correct? I need B66 for Freedom LTE.
    08-13-18 05:47 PM
    Mine is 100-2.

The thing you need to know is that you never sign a 2 year contract with Koodo, it is month to month unless you buy a tab. And if you pay off the tab, there is no obligation for you to stay with Koodo.

Anyways, let us know how it goes! The Motion is a great phone.
    08-13-18 08:13 PM
    Just buy it from Amazon.com at $399 (no tax). Even with the exchange rate it'll cost you $525 Cdn. Just need someone in the US address to ship to or use one of those online companies to ship it to you from the US
    08-13-18 09:28 PM
    Just buy it from Amazon.com at $399 (no tax). Even with the exchange rate it'll cost you $525 Cdn. Just need someone in the US address to ship to or use one of those online companies to ship it to you from the US
    Thought of that, but the US warranty is not valid for devices bought for use in Canada. If anything goes wrong and I would have to try and get it fixed in the US. It further complicates things to the point I could be without a device for weeks, that is if I can get it back there to be looked at at all.
    08-14-18 06:30 AM
    Mine is 100-2.

The thing you need to know is that you never sign a 2 year contract with Koodo, it is month to month unless you buy a tab. And if you pay off the tab, there is no obligation for you to stay with Koodo.

Anyways, let us know how it goes! The Motion is a great phone.
    Thanks for your help, I will look into this more deeply and let you know.
    08-14-18 06:31 AM
    Thanks for your help, I will look into this more deeply and let you know.
    I have a 10/10 one. Where are you located..
    08-14-18 07:55 PM
    I have a 10/10 one. Where are you located..
    Toronto. PM me with details. Thanks!
    08-15-18 06:55 AM
    $549.00 at Staples Canada.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-18 04:45 PM
    $549.00 at Staples Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Still coming up $599.99 CAD on my end?
    10-09-18 09:15 PM
    I just checked at Staples.ca too and it showed $599. I would have bought it at $549.
    10-10-18 06:39 AM
    $600 is too much for any phone. Get over it. The Motion is a great phone. Pay up or move on. Don't whine.
    11-13-18 09:46 PM
    What are you using now that is not as good as you think the Motion would be ?
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    11-14-18 11:09 AM
    Yeah I agree, I would never pay $600 for any phone no matter what. I got the Motion from Koodo for ~$300, I forget the total. It's the first new phone I've ever bought, everything else I bought used mint off of Kijiji or wherever. Never an issue there, but I couldn't find any used Motions in my area.

CAD$55/mo for 4gb data, unlimited calls Canada wide, unlimited sms/mms
    CAD$15/mo for the phone until it's paid off
    No contract, I could just pay off the phone and cancel my subscription at any time.

So far so good with Koodo, no complaints. I was with their counterpart Telus for 10 years and they couldn't even offer me anything remotely close to what Koodo does. So I said f that and went to Koodo.

The funny part was my girlfriend always said Koodo reps are scammers and steal your credit card, and I obviously would tell her that she's crazy and that those are probably isolated incidents. Then when I went to go pick up the Motion and pay for everything, I handed the girl at the counter my credit card (multiple times) which I hadn't used for probably 3 years. That same night I had 3 charges from La Senza, H&M, and Forever 21 show up on my card. I got the charges reversed and nothing bad has happened since. That b****! Hah.
    11-15-18 06:09 PM
26 12