Anyone remember the option that was available on the VKB on BlackBerry 10 devices with LCD screens, that allowed you to change the keyboard from dark to light to save battery? Why can't I do that with the Motion? This should be implemented.
    12-20-18 02:02 PM
    Anyone remember the option that was available on the VKB on BlackBerry 10 devices with LCD screens, that allowed you to change the keyboard from dark to light to save battery? Why can't I do that with the Motion? This should be implemented.
    Going from dark to light wouldn't save battery. Dark is the best battery saving option. Unless you're really asking to drain your battery faster...
    12-20-18 02:32 PM
    Going from dark to light wouldn't save battery. Dark is the best battery saving option. Unless you're really asking to drain your battery faster...
    Uhm. The Motion uses a back lit LCD display. On LCD, the darker the colour, the more power is used. Dark colours use less battery on OLED displays, but not LCD where the back lighting is always on.
    12-20-18 09:38 PM
    Uhm. The Motion uses a back lit LCD display. On LCD, the darker the colour, the more power is used. Dark colours use less battery on OLED displays, but not LCD where the back lighting is always on.
    Yeah, you're right. Messed up LCD and LED. Either way, doubt anyone is going to make the change. took forever to even get a dark theme in the various other apps.
    12-20-18 10:26 PM
    They made it for the BlackBerry Z10 I know for sure. Probably for all the LCD OS10 versions. don't see why they couldn't for the Android version too.
    12-21-18 06:24 AM
    They made it for the BlackBerry Z10 I know for sure. Probably for all the LCD OS10 versions. don't see why they couldn't for the Android version too.
    I don't doubt they could. It'd be easy. It's probably a line of code that says "enable:light" or similar lol. I just doubt they will.
    12-21-18 12:19 PM