Hello everyone,

I picked up the Blackberry motion yesterday. Love the phone but I am having one very odd problem. The problem is with Twitter. When I login into my twitter account on the installed Twitter app, I get the following message in the timeline "Hmm something went wrong". When I click try again, I get the following message, "Cannot retrieve tweets at this time, Please try again later". I have tried everything on this phone including 4 factory resets, 5 uninstall/install of the twitter app. I have cleared the cache and revoked and re-authorized devices on the Twitter website under my account. I also adjusted the time zone on both my Twitter account and on the Motion. The real kicker here is my wife, son and daughters accounts all work fine on the Blackberry Motion when I added them to try it out. The Twitter app and my account works fine on my Blackberry Dtek60, Keyone and Samsung Tablet. I contacted Twitter but apparently they do not respond to individual questions. Anyone have any idea to fix this problem????

Thanks in advance!
    11-24-17 10:05 AM
    Have you tried using a different twitter app and see if the problem persists? Perhaps try Hootsuite, or something like that. Then at least, you can rule out if it is an app issue.

If that doesn't work, then, in theory, we can narrow this down to being an account issue (although, to be honest, it sounds like an account issue given that you were able to use your family account's on that same app and phone). Wondering whether trying your account on so many different devices caused them to lock your account due to suspicious behaviour.

Let us know how it goes.
    11-24-17 10:59 AM
    JuiciPatties,

Thanks for the response. I have tried 4 other Twitter clients on my Blackberry Motion and they work just fine. I am able to login to my Twitter account so the account is not flagged. I cleared out all the authorized devices in my Twitter account from the browser on my computer. Twitter does not respond so I have no idea what to do at this point. I am leaning toward a problem with the Twitter app as other Twitter clients work flawlessly on the Blackberry Motion.
    11-24-17 01:33 PM
    JuiciPatties,

Thanks for the response. I have tried 4 other Twitter clients on my Blackberry Motion and they work just fine. I am able to login to my Twitter account so the account is not flagged. I cleared out all the authorized devices in my Twitter account from the browser on my computer. Twitter does not respond so I have no idea what to do at this point. I am leaning toward a problem with the Twitter app as other Twitter clients work flawlessly on the Blackberry Motion.
    Did you ever figure out how to fix this twitter problem? I am having the same issue with my new Motion and i see others here are experiencing the same with the keyone.
    12-06-17 01:52 PM
    Twitter Lite didn't work on the Keyone. The full app did. Maybe that's the problem?
    12-09-17 03:25 PM
    I have the same problem on the KEYone. would be great to know if there's a fix. it's not the app itself, because I updated it on my DTEK50 and it worked just fine.
    12-10-17 07:15 AM
    Hello,

I actually managed to fix the problem. I signed into Twitter from my computer browser and changed the time zone in my account from Pacific Time to Eastern Time and that did the trick. How it ended up on Pacific Time ( I live in EST timezone) is beyond me. Make sure to uninstall the app and re-install and that should fix everything.
    12-11-17 02:19 PM
    Nope
    12-11-17 09:38 PM
    I have the same issue on my Keyone and use Twitter Lite, on my Motion the normal Twitter app works fine. Strange at best.
    12-17-17 04:11 AM