10-11-17 08:31 PM
39 12
tools
    But why even think about the device then. There are obviously a lot of devices you can buy. I have a Nokia 8 with an SD 835 that works perfectly, but I would trade it today for a Motion
    10-10-17 11:27 AM
    Is the Motion the kind of phone you guys would feel comfortable rocking naked? I would take the risk, it looks sturdily built, the camera barely protrudes, and the screen is IPS LCD meaning worst case the glass cracks but no pixel leakage like AMOLED. (My Galaxy S5 fell 5 feet, at first just top of screen had dark tint, a couple hours later the whole screen went black)

So yeah if I ever owned this phone I'd just slap on a tempered glass protector and good to go.
    'Rocking naked'?
    10-10-17 11:30 AM
    'Rocking naked'?
    Without a case I assume.
    10-10-17 11:32 AM
    Motion will be ok but my only concern is that if there aren’t enough sales, phone probably won’t receive any OS updates like dtek 50/60. Also, this phone is aimed for corporate/enterprise users and I always thought that they use high end models lol.
    10-10-17 11:46 AM
    Motion will be ok but my only concern is that if there aren’t enough sales, phone probably won’t receive any OS updates like dtek 50/60. Also, this phone is aimed for corporate/enterprise users and I always thought that they use high end models lol.
    They have committed to O on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, so it would be the same for the Motion, since TCL is paying BlackBerry for it anyway.
    10-10-17 11:50 AM
    Most enterprises in Sweden like banks etc are not buying "cheap" phones for 450 as there aren't any available. In most cases they are buying IPhones and the latest Samsung and you can't find them for 450. I would rather say 700. Anyway, the Motion would fit in as it is a BlackBerry
    10-10-17 11:51 AM
    They have committed to O on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, so it would be the same for the Motion, since TCL is paying BlackBerry for it anyway.
    If TCL can make a announcement, it will be very helpful. Keyone didn’t commit android O from the beginning.
    10-10-17 11:58 AM
    It's not a dated SoC. Or just barely.

The 626 was a limited production mini update that only found itself in a couple of devices (Z2 Play and C5/7 Pro). The 625 got into around 50 devices by comparison.

The 630 is just getting into devices this month or next (Moto X4, Zenfone 4, and U11 Life). Only a single one is in market - the Aquos S2. A single one.
    I'm unfamiliar with how the different families of Snapdragon processors compare with each other. It's not quite as obvious as looking at Intel or AMD processors for PC. Are they developing the 600 and 800 series at the same time.. are they only different in some specifics (quad/octa core, etc)?
    10-10-17 12:25 PM
    I'm unfamiliar with how the different families of Snapdragon processors compare with each other. It's not quite as obvious as looking at Intel or AMD processors for PC. Are they developing the 600 and 800 series at the same time.. are they only different in some specifics (quad/octa core, etc)?
    There seems to be one branch of 800s (808/810/820/821/835), and two branches of 600s (617/625/626/630 and 650/652/653/660).

800s are high end, 600s cover a large area in the middle, and 200s and 400s cover the low end to entry-middle.

Somewhat like Intel i3, i5, and i7 families. All being developed concurrently.
    darkwater79 likes this.
    10-10-17 12:51 PM
    I think... development is really done on the flagships... as the make improvements those trickle down to other "classes".

There are plenty of comparison sites out there to show the differences in Chipset.... which is more than just a processor. And more than just cores and clock speeds.
    10-10-17 12:55 PM
    And that is exactly why I'll be buying it! Thanks for making this, TCL!
    Yep! Does everything I need with a great price tag
    10-10-17 08:58 PM
    Consumers aren't the main market TCL is after. If price is the issue and you don't value BlackBerry's software and security features, then it's not for you.
    Consumers are NOT the main market for a manufacturer who basically does not have a market share. Wow, really a no-brainer.
    10-11-17 10:04 AM
    Consumers are NOT the main market for a manufacturer who basically does not have a market share. Wow, really a no-brainer.
    TCL seems to be pleased with the success of the brand so far. They seem to have reasonable expectations.
    10-11-17 10:29 AM
    Snapdragon 625, 5,5 IPS LCD at 1080p (if it was at last an amoled display...)
    looks really average and since TCL is a chinese brand, the specs make me think about chinese midrange phones like Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, looks almost the same while talking about the hardware (4100mah device), except for the water proof. The only big difference is that Xiaomi sells it for around $250 not ~$450 like TCL does.
    I'm not complaining about the price, just saying they could have more sucess and profit not overpricing their devices since it's not high end hardware in the end...

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8531.php
    My thoughts exactly. There's also the "OnePlus 5" which is an excellent top rated device with fantastic specs.
    10-11-17 08:31 PM
39 12