I must be a fairly heavy user, because I never get close to two days of juice out of my Motion. But that's ok. It doesn't bother me, because I'm still very happy with the phone.

But I'm starting to get annoyed with the notification warning me about battery life on those busy days. Not the fact that I'm getting a warning, but the wording. "Using your device more than usual?" No. This is my usual! If you know what my usual is, then you should know that!

Anyways, just a quick rant about this particular quirk regarding the battery. Overall, I do still enjoy the phone.
    Attached Thumbnails "Using your device more than usual?"-233652.jpg  
    08-07-18 11:48 PM
    That's a power center feature.
    When your phone feels the battery might not last till the time you usually charge your phone, It will send that notification.
    Rather helpful if you ask me.
    Give it a few days, it will learn and adjust to your usual.
    Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    08-08-18 01:04 AM
    Anyways, just a quick rant about this particular quirk regarding the battery. Overall, I do still enjoy the phone.
    So disable it if you don't like it. It's in the Power Centre settings and default is set to warn you even if it's at 100%. Reduce it.
    08-08-18 02:29 AM
    So disable it if you don't like it. It's in the Power Centre settings and default is set to warn you even if it's at 100%. Reduce it.
    I did end up reducing it. It's not that I want to disable getting notifications for power settings. I just find it annoying when it asks if I'm using my device more than normal, when I'm not. Once or twice is fine. Several times a week, and it might as well be the new normal.

I was more curious to see if others were experiencing the same thing.
    08-09-18 03:06 PM
    I did end up reducing it. It's not that I want to disable getting notifications for power settings. I just find it annoying when it asks if I'm using my device more than normal, when I'm not. Once or twice is fine. Several times a week, and it might as well be the new normal.

I was more curious to see if others were experiencing the same thing.
    I am experiencing the same thing. I seem to be getting this notice almost daily. Previously, I used to get it only on occasion. I wouldn't say that my usage patterns have really changed.
    08-09-18 04:33 PM
    I've been getting the notification frequently too. it simmered down for a few days and then I saw it again yesterday and today.
    08-10-18 06:57 AM
    I'm getting that Notification too. It's annoying.
    08-12-18 03:42 PM
    These days I'm getting this notification A LOT. It's not regular but some days it's non stop., even though I'm not using it.
    11-19-21 05:20 AM
    These days I'm getting this notification A LOT. It's not regular but some days it's non stop., even though I'm not using it.
    I got this too the other day. My battery was still up in the 30's (pretty normal for the time this happened) and this notification kept popping up about every minute.... until I turned the feature off.
    I got the notification maybe twice before. Weird.
    11-19-21 10:25 PM
    The issue is that your battery has degraded to the point that the charging/power controller knows that the battery isn't going to last - that when the battery is low (around 30% or less indicated) that it's really a lot closer to empty.

Like any multicell battery pack, the weakest cell in the pack is the key, and when a battery pack is heavily worn, the norm is for one cell to have less capacity than the others, and maybe it runs out when the other cells have 20% remaining - but when that cell hits zero, not only does voltage drop, but power will be flowing through the dead cell backwards, which will soon cause a complete failure of the entire battery pack.

If you are familiar with Prius battery packs being "reconditioned", what they do is identify the one or two weak battery modules and replace them with used modules from another pack, which extends the life of the pack.

It's not feasible to replace individual cells in a phone battery, but you can replace the entire pack.
    11-29-21 05:15 PM