I've been either buying my phones outright from BB or B&H, or trading for factory unlocked versions, for the past 3 or 4 years.
    I'm wondering if it would make sense to buy the Motion (or successor) from a carrier this time for warranty support?
    That's my point exactly. I've bought Z30, Leap and both DTEK factory unlocked. I bought all my other devices through AT&T carrier locked. After KEYone screen issues, I'm feeling warranty issues will be handled through carrier better.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    12-09-17 08:31 PM
    I agree. My Priv has a red line from top to bottom and my battery seams to be going bad. Come on BlackBerry!!

Come to Verizon, please!
    12-10-17 11:08 AM
    I think I'm going to give up and blow blackberry off
    Amazon.ca will likely have the Motion available unlocked mid-Jan for $599 CDN ($459 USD).
    12-10-17 12:12 PM
    I wonder why they aren't getting it out there before Christmas? it seems like they are missing the best season for consumers to get a new phone
    12-10-17 12:32 PM
    I wonder why they aren't getting it out there before Christmas? it seems like they are missing the best season for consumers to get a new phone
    You can still buy it on contract or outright from Canadian carriers. They just tend to charge extra to drive you to choosing a contract.
    12-10-17 12:33 PM
    No need for a BB Motion in the US market. Best if they use the Motion as a learning experience and re-enter the US market with a quality piece.

What is the US market composed of?

High end --Expensive ( $ > 600 ):
    Apple iphone series
    Samsung Galaxy (usually on good sales after a few months)
    Google
    Huawei
    LG

Mid ( $ > 250, $ <600):
    Oneplus
    Apple
    Google
    LG
    Huawei
    Motorola
    Sony
    Xiaomi
    essential

Low ( $ < 250):
    Moto
    Huawei
    elephone
    ZTE
    ... many others...
    ===============

So much competition. These manufacturers have an established pipeline of phones pouring into the market at a variety of price points for their users.

Maybe there is a market for BlackBerry phones overseas where the BlackBerry brand may still mean something. If they release the Motion in the US market now... it'll be a failure. It'll be niche again.

The Oneplus company started their company selling phones by invitation only. They knew how to grow hype and a community. TCL is wearing baby clothes still.
    12-10-17 01:18 PM
    You can still buy it on contract or outright from Canadian carriers. They just tend to charge extra to drive you to choosing a contract.
    I'm in the US so buying from a Canadian carrier isn't really an option. I just want to buy an unlocked BBD100-2 without a plan and that ships to the U.S.

Sounds like I have to wait another month unless more information comes out...
    12-10-17 01:31 PM
    I'm in the US so buying from a Canadian carrier isn't really an option. I just want to buy an unlocked BBD100-2 without a plan and that ships to the U.S.

Sounds like I have to wait another month unless more information comes out...
    The Canadian carriers are selling factory-unlokced also. It's just $699 instead of $599.
    12-10-17 01:40 PM
    No need for a BB Motion in the US market. Best if they use the Motion as a learning experience and re-enter the US market with a quality piece.

What is the US market composed of?

High end --Expensive ( $ > 600 ):
    Apple iphone series
    Samsung Galaxy (usually on good sales after a few months)
    Google
    Huawei
    LG

Mid ( $ > 250, $ <600):
    Oneplus
    Apple
    Google
    LG
    Huawei
    Motorola
    Sony
    Xiaomi
    essential

Low ( $ < 250):
    Moto
    Huawei
    elephone
    ZTE
    ... many others...
    ===============

So much competition. These manufacturers have an established pipeline of phones pouring into the market at a variety of price points for their users.

Maybe there is a market for BlackBerry phones overseas where the BlackBerry brand may still mean something. If they release the Motion in the US market now... it'll be a failure. It'll be niche again.

The Oneplus company started their company selling phones by invitation only. They knew how to grow hype and a community. TCL is wearing baby clothes still.
    That's basically true everywhere but if they avoid the US market BB Mobile will miss out on a lot of potential enterprise and government customers where there isn't as much competition due to requirements. I think the only OEM's actively competing for this market now (or at least making headlines) are Apple and Samsung.

The Canadian carriers are selling factory-unlokced also. It's just $699 instead of $599.
    Which Canadian carriers are selling it for $699? The ones that I've seen are selling it for around $599.
    12-10-17 03:10 PM
    That's basically true everywhere but if they avoid the US market BB Mobile will miss out on a lot of potential enterprise and government customers where there isn't as much competition due to requirements. I think the only OEM's actively competing for this market now (or at least making headlines) are Apple and Samsung.

Which Canadian carriers are selling it for $699? The ones that I've seen are selling it for around $599.
    You're right. I just looked again. $599 and $605.
    12-10-17 03:13 PM
    If I buy one from canada, do they offer warranty for US resident?
    12-10-17 04:20 PM
    generally no that's the problem with cross border buying
    12-10-17 04:35 PM
    I think I'm going to give up and blow blackberry off
    Best plan out there. They gave up on the loyal customer. I went with Essential phone and LOVE it. So much better than any BlackBerry ever was and better than bloat ware loaded android from any other maker.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-17 04:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure I can't buy a phone from a Canadian carrier without getting a plan too. Also the warranty missing would be an issue. Guess I have to wait for Amazon CA
    12-10-17 05:02 PM
    They gave up on the loyal customer.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly how?? BlackBerry almost went under supporting loyal customers until exiting the hardware business.
    12-11-17 02:51 PM
    Exactly how?? BlackBerry almost went under supporting loyal customers until exiting the hardware business.
    Exactly and people forget that. In fact many would love to see them completely bankrupt themselves by producing another bb10 device and continuing to offer support for it. Give it up!

BlackBerry went above and beyond for loyal customers...now BlackBerry mobile is trying to make this turn around so they need to make sure specific markets that still have pretty good numbers are getting devices first. I still believe that the motion will show up in the new year in the US.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 03:12 PM
    I don't really care if it comes to the US because my carrier (tmobile) probably won't pick it up anyways. I just want the BBD100-2 to be available for me to buy online with warranty and without dealing with Canadian carriers trying to get me to start a plan.

I don't see why they don't just sell it on amazon.ca already, what could be the hold up?
    12-11-17 03:26 PM
    I don't see why they don't just sell it on amazon.ca already, what could be the hold up?
    Carrier exclusivity commitments.

Better (for TCL and many customers who can"t pay up front) than the alternative - available at Amazon.ca with NO carrier and buy-in.
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-11-17 03:28 PM

Better (for TCL and many customers who can"t pay up front) than the alternative - available at Amazon.ca with NO carrier and buy-in.
    That makes sense, I hope that period is over soon!

It came out October right so a 3 month exclusive period?
    12-11-17 04:02 PM

See above. Post #53 .
    Carjackd and John Betschart like this.
    12-11-17 04:03 PM
    I was hoping that blackberry motion would make some noise in the USA but TCL priority set for international market.
    12-11-17 04:12 PM

Glad I read this first before responding. Took the words out of my mouth
    12-11-17 08:55 PM
    I was hoping that blackberry motion would make some noise in the USA but TCL priority set for international market.
    Their priority is where they have been launching. Fyi...the device was released in Dubai and if you take a trip to Dubai you will see many in the wild. This is a comeback for blackberry mobile. They need to prioritize where and when they release based on pure fan base and markets where the brand name is still respected. Again...I expect a release in the US but they have priorities
    12-11-17 08:59 PM

November 10th , I believe the carriers have a 60 day exclusive
    12-11-17 09:11 PM
    For anyone who's reading this still, I just bought the BBD100-1 and I have it running on T-mobile USA here in Orlando, FL.

I did three speedtest.net and got between 39Mbps and 65Mbps for down speeds and averaged betwen 25Mbps and 41Mbps up speeds.

I'm on 7.1.2 build AAQ091
    12-11-17 09:53 PM
148 12345 ...