I've been through all the links via BlackBerry Mobile's Motion page but they either say they're out of stock or the links are no dead; I've tried other non-official sites too but with the same results. I was hoping to buy a Motion next week but my carrier doesn't have it and no-one seems to be able to sell me one. I've emailed BlackBerry Mobile but I'm still waiting for a reply.

What is a boy to do??
    05-22-18 03:31 PM
    05-22-18 03:46 PM
    Thanks.

I find this interesting; BB Mobile's own link said there were none available on Amazon earlier unless you were willing to pay over $1,000 for one.
    05-22-18 05:33 PM
    Got a reply earlier today from BB Mobile that basically said 'Too bad, so sad. Go buy it from the US'. The fact that none of the 'official' on-line stores in the US will ship to Canada doesn't seem to be a concern. Also a US warranty is not valid on Canada.

So I went and bought a Samsung A8, my first non-BlackBerry device in 10 years.
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 05-23-18 at 08:59 PM.
    05-23-18 06:07 PM
    I've been through all the links via BlackBerry Mobile's Motion page but they either say they're out of stock or the links are no dead; I've tried other non-official sites too but with the same results. I was hoping to buy a Motion next week but my carrier doesn't have it and no-one seems to be able to sell me one. I've emailed BlackBerry Mobile but I'm still waiting for a reply.

What is a boy to do??
    TELUS still has some, my colleague just retired his priv and picked up a Motion yesterday...
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    05-23-18 07:11 PM
    TELUS still has some, my colleague just retired his priv and picked up a Motion yesterday...
    Thanks. I did try buying through Bell and Telus earlier today but they wouldn't sell me a device without a plan
    05-23-18 07:18 PM
    just try koodomobile
    05-23-18 08:16 PM
    just try koodomobile
    Koodo won't sell it without a plan, either
    05-23-18 09:00 PM
    BlackBerry Motion BBD100-1 32GB Single-SIM 5.5" inch Android Factory Unlocked 4G/LTE Smartphone (Black) - International Version https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B077486W98/...UvbUpU13192065
    05-24-18 12:43 AM
    BlackBerry Motion BBD100-1 32GB Single-SIM 5.5" inch Android Factory Unlocked 4G/LTE Smartphone (Black) - International Version https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B077486W98/...UvbUpU13192195
    Thanks, but that's not the version I needed or wanted as it doesn't have the correct bands for my carrier's LTE network. I need BBD100-2, the same version that BB Mobile were selling through their official vendors.

Anyhow, I now understand that you can find the Motion for sale, but when I clicked on the links at BB Mobile's website all of them were either dead or said that the vendors were sold out. BB Mobile's emailed suggestion that I buy the device from their US sites isn't at all practical as none of them will ship to Canada, and even if I had a US address to have it shipped to, the warranty wouldn't be valid here.

Besides, all of this is moot; my A8 should arrive today.
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 05-24-18 at 11:03 AM.
    05-24-18 07:08 AM
    Thanks, but that's not the version I needed or wanted as it doesn't have the correct bands for my carrier's LTE network. I need BBD100-2, the same version that BB Mobile were selling through their official vendors.

Anyhow, I now understand that you can find the Motion for sale, but when I clicked on the links at BB Mobile's website all of them were either dead or said that the vendors were sold out. BB Mobile's emailed suggestion that I buy the device from their US sites isn't at all practical as none of them will ship to Canada, and even if I had a US address to have it shipped to, the warranty wouldn't be valid here.

Besides, all of this is moot; my A8 should arrive today.
    Too bad, I probably could have ordered one for you through my corporate Bell account.
    05-25-18 10:15 AM
    Not sold by Amazon. Swiftronics is a known gray-market importer.

In fact Amazon.ca never carried the Motion and has been out of stock on KEYone Blacks for quite some time.
    05-25-18 10:26 AM
    I don't think we'll see another VKB phone from BBMOBILE. Sales of the Motion were probably less than 200,000 (IMHO) or less. It's a dead end for them, the only large number of BlackBerry faithful want a PKB phone and the Motion probably confirmed this. The Motion is a nice phone but the competition in that market is fierce and frankly BBMOBILE has no chance of making a VKB phone viable.
    05-26-18 08:59 PM
    So why is it tough to find in Canada when it's so easy here?
    05-26-18 10:25 PM
    So why is it tough to find in Canada when it's so easy here?
    Dunno, but I just checked all the links at their website again and the results were the same except for Amazon where they only had 5 left.
    05-27-18 06:53 PM
    seems to be just unlocked devices that are limited availability in channel currently. Supporting carriers seem to have stock.
    05-27-18 07:03 PM
    For the people, thinking of getting a Motion through Koodo for $360, message me for additional $25 bill credit referral discount to get the price down to $335.

I would say Koodo has the best price for a Motion right now; and it probably wont get much cheaper than that.
    Last edited by skstrials; 06-02-18 at 07:00 PM.
    06-02-18 04:57 PM
    I just bought a dual sim Motion off a US seller on eBay. Normally shipping and duties would not make it worth my while, but I’m travelling to the US on business in a couple of weeks so am having it shipped to my hotel.

Came out to $590 CAD all in, which is a bit more than Koodoo. But I don’t want to deal with a carrier I don’t belong to and this was the only way I could get a dual SIM motion at a reasonable price. PDA Plaza has them as well but after shipping and taxes, it’s still $100 CAD more then what I paid.
    06-02-18 06:52 PM
    Koodo has as cheap a plan as anyone

Posted via CB10
    06-02-18 10:08 PM