Please comment on resolution too
    10-13-17 10:44 AM
    Please comment on resolution too
    It's FHD instead of QHD, but that only extends battery life further.
    10-13-17 10:55 AM
    It's FHD instead of QHD, but that only extends battery life further.
    And really not noticeable to the naked eye if you ask me. Still great quality.
    10-13-17 10:56 AM
    And really not noticeable to the naked eye if you ask me. Still great quality.
    I switched my Priv to FHD to speed it up and extend battery, and I can't see the difference in image quality.
    ray689 and garylyh like this.
    10-13-17 10:58 AM
    The motion has similar specs to the KEYone and from experience, the KEYone absolutely destroys the PRIV performance wise. Its not even a comparison. The Priv was hampered by a poor 808 chip that I'm sure Qualcom would take back if they could. So to answer your question, YES the Motion is better then the Priv in pretty much every single way.
    Every single way except PKB... and it doesn't look like there will be a surprise PKB attachment in the box of the Motion (which makes sense as it would harm KEYone sales) so yeah the Priv's got that going for it..and that's pretty much it lol. Battery wise it looks like the Motion will run circles around the Priv
    10-14-17 01:56 PM
    Well, ok, but those customers don’t know what a kernel is, let alone a hardened one. So where does that leave BBMobile then? How do you sell security to people who know very little about phones?
    That's pretty easy with all the systems that have been hacked over the year.
    10-15-17 07:33 AM
    Yes,they were "systems" and not hacks via phones. Not like having the additional security on your phone would have stopped the Equifax breach.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 07:41 AM
    The Equifax breach affected people with BB10 phones. It even affected people with no smartphones. It’s really hard to argue that a secure kernel and locked down bootloader would make a normal person safer.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-15-17 08:17 AM
    The Equifax breach affected people with BB10 phones. It even affected people with no smartphones. It’s really hard to argue that a secure kernel and locked down bootloader would make a normal person safer.
    And Target, Yahoo, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 09:03 AM
    They removed the useless keyboard, unnecessary weight
    They added dual sim which every travelling person needs
    4000mah 32 hours battery is what made blackberry once great
    Dust, antiscratch water proof was unexpected bonus
    4GB ram avoiding keyone mistake

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL

460$ USD is very affordable

SOLD!!!

Now only problem waiting game
    2016 Lenovo P2 had this specs and much bigger battery for half the price. Which one is affordale?

@#¿*Berry
    10-15-17 09:08 AM
    The only thing "useless" is this thread, the OP, and all of these comments. Including mine.
    10-15-17 08:43 PM
    motion should be good quality ,not likely Keyone been screen lift off , thin casing caused dented issues and Keyone price is rocket with low spec .
    10-15-17 10:26 PM
    Blackberry did not assist with Knox. They worked with Samsung to make it compatible with BlackBerry UEM and SecureSmart.
    And, if I remember correctly, Samsung and BlackBerry agreed to license each other's IP, without disclosing details. So Samsung may be using some of BlackBerry's IP in Knox.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-16-17 08:41 AM
    Right, but if you use your phone for work, it can be a vulnerable endpoint. That's why employers use EMM solutions and place restrictions on which phones employees can bring to work and what each is allowed to access.

Phones are not the weakest point for most consumers.

10-16-17 08:45 AM
    Right, but if you use your phone for work, it can be a vulnerable endpoint. That's why employers use EMM solutions and place restrictions on which phones employees can bring to work and what each is allowed to access.

But BlackBerry themselves say that our Apple and Samsung phones are safe for our use when managed by their software.

So if I’m in the OCIO trying to decide on our standard issue phones, why not simply standardize around Apple and/or Samsung. That seems like the safe choice given the support they offer (especially Apple). I’m not seeing the compelling reason to start buying a lot of K1’s or Motions that are hard to source, don’t have stellar service/support, and may not even be available anymore next year.
    10-16-17 08:57 AM

This, this, this!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 09:29 AM
    But BlackBerry themselves say that our Apple and Samsung phones are safe for our use when managed by their software.

So if I’m in the OCIO trying to decide on our standard issue phones, why not simply standardize around Apple and/or Samsung. That seems like the safe choice given the support they offer (especially Apple). I’m not seeing the compelling reason to start buying a lot of K1’s or Motions that are hard to source, don’t have stellar service/support, and may not even be available anymore next year.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with Samsung or Apple, and they will continue to sell well in the enterprise space.

But BlackBerry Mobile is now a viable third option in a profitable niche. That's why TCL llicensed Blackberry.

BlackBerry Mobile doesn't have to surpass Samsung or Apple in Enterprise to have a great profitable business. They just need to capture a few points of market share and aim for being number 3 in the market.

I have a strategic consulting firm, but I'm not trying to compete with McKinsey or BCG. I'll let them create the market, and then I'll happily compete against the other small firms in the business. I can carve out a nice, sustainable business for myself without needing to be number 1 or 2!

10-16-17 09:38 AM
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with Samsung or Apple, and they will continue to sell well in the enterprise space.

But BlackBerry Mobile is now a viable third option in a profitable niche. That's why TCL llicensed Blackberry.

BlackBerry Mobile doesn't have to surpass Samsung or Apple in Enterprise to have a great profitable business. They just need to capture a few points of market share and aim for being number 3 in the market.

I have a strategic consulting firm, but I'm not trying to compete with McKinsey or BCG. I'll let them create the market, and then I'll happily compete against the other small firms in the business. I can carve out a nice, sustainable business for myself without needing to be number 1 or 2!

Oh, I understand the plan. I'm just saying I'm skeptical, because the number of times a company who will choose this 3rd option seems infinitesimal, given that the safe and obvious choices (Apple and Samsung) seem to be good enough if managed correctly.

But, that's why they play the games as they say. Let's see what TCL is able to do.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-16-17 12:20 PM
    The camera will be better way better though!
    10-20-17 10:28 AM

How big is the non BYOD market in Enterprise? Are you sure it would support one manufacture, let alone three?

For Apple and Samsung... Enterprise is just an extra layer of icing on the cake. For BlackBerry it all the cake and a good portion of the icing too.
    10-20-17 12:02 PM
    How big is the non BYOD market in Enterprise? Are you sure it would support one manufacture, let alone three?

For Apple and Samsung... Enterprise is just an extra layer of icing on the cake. For BlackBerry it all the cake and a good portion of the icing too.
    I have no idea how large the "non-BYOD" market is, but I also don't think that's the question.

At $300B or so, the Android market is large enough for many manufacturers, and TCL is obviously looking to position the Blackberry Mobile brand with BYOD customers as well as enterprise fleets. They have used the KEYone to establish carrier and other distribution partnerships at a healthy pace. Now they are following that up with more devices in the channel aimed squarely at the corporate market (for both fleet and BYOD buyers).

The impact of the huge increases in cybersecurity spending are likely to impact the BYOD policies of enterprise IT teams. As CISOs start to focus on robust cyber resiliency to reduce that spending trend, they will likely consider limiting the list of approved devices for BYOD, based on their cybersecurity protections. This could push a lot of the smaller Android players out of the BYOD market.

Blackberry Mobile is certainly behind Samsung and Apple in every market category except PKBs, and it's very difficult to imagine that changing, but they are far ahead of every other manufacturer in terms of cybersecurity. We all agree that consumers haven't demonstrated that they care about their privacy and security, but that is certainly not the trend in the workplace. There is plenty of good money to be made without beating either Apple or Samsung in market share. The other Android makers (LG, Motorola, etc.) will likely see significant pressure to up their games if they want to continue to be accepted by security-oriented IT departments. (This is the "Blackberry Secure" software play, btw.)

So, to answer your question more broadly, I can see Blackberry Mobile carving out a healthy niche as a practical professional phone at a reasonable price in the next couple of years. I'm sure they'd be happy with 3-5% of market share, which might be achievable.
    10-20-17 01:52 PM
    I have no idea how large the "non-BYOD" market is, but I also don't think that's the question.

At $300B or so, the Android market is large enough for many manufacturers, and TCL is obviously looking to position the Blackberry Mobile brand with BYOD customers as well as enterprise fleets.

So, to answer your question more broadly, I can see Blackberry Mobile carving out a healthy niche as a practical professional phone at a reasonable price in the next couple of years. I'm sure they'd be happy with 3-5% of market share, which might be achievable.
    It's the same argument that many have used here in the past.... Because A is so big, then B ought to be able to get a part of A.

Sorry but if anything we have learned that if A isn't interested, they B is left out in the cold.

Security, Security, Security..... show me how BlackBerry Android is better than Samsung KNOX. Pull out the whitepapers on both... your going to see pretty much all the same buzz words on there. In the end the UEM is what's key to protecting a company's data. As for Apple... not sure BlackBerry has even tried to compare iOS11 to their current solution.

In the end, I expect the fact that BlackBerry has done such a poor job in the past and the fact that TCL Communications is a failing technology company.... would scare more Enterprise customer away than anything else.
    10-20-17 03:30 PM
    I'm not saying that BlackBerry is better than Knox for enterprise, but they are both a lot better than all the other Android phones.

10-20-17 03:32 PM
    I'm not saying that BlackBerry is better than Knox for enterprise, but they are both a lot better than all the other Android phones.
    True, but this is the part I still don't understand. If I'm in a meeting with a BBMobile salesperson, I"m asking him/her why I should buy this new Motion over these other options that run Knox. On the Knox side I have a choice of devices. I can mix and match at different price points if I wanted. I know Samsung will still be selling phones for a long time. I know I can get replacement devices easily. Knox worked with my BlackBerry UEM.

So what's the point of choosing Motion as a company?
    10-20-17 05:54 PM
    True, but this is the part I still don't understand. If I'm in a meeting with a BBMobile salesperson, I"m asking him/her why I should buy this new Motion over these other options that run Knox. On the Knox side I have a choice of devices. I can mix and match at different price points if I wanted. I know Samsung will still be selling phones for a long time. I know I can get replacement devices easily. Knox worked with my BlackBerry UEM.

So what's the point of choosing Motion as a company?
    At this point, there isn't one. Most enterprise business will be through carriers. First step is getting BBMo devices on AT&T, Verizon and other carriers that corporations use.
    10-20-17 06:40 PM
207 ... 45678 ...