Given the placement of the Home / fingerprint button, any guesses if the Swipe Shortcuts will be included on this phone?
    10-10-17 04:08 PM
    This is what I'm referring to btw.
    Attached Thumbnails Swipe Shortcuts (BlackBerry Motion)-264400.jpg  
    10-10-17 04:16 PM
    I doubt it, but would be nice.
    10-10-17 04:20 PM
    Well damn lol
    10-10-17 04:25 PM
    They lost that temporarily after an os update. I can only assume they can't be bothered to engineer it again into N or O for that matter.
    10-10-17 04:28 PM
    That sucks. I rather liked that feature on my PRIV.
    skilas likes this.
    10-10-17 04:36 PM
    I liked it too. No other phone has it and all the Gestures apps I have found require every permission and usually suck
    10-10-17 05:45 PM
    This video shows swipe down to open notifications.

Anilu7 likes this.
    10-10-17 07:49 PM
    This video shows swipe down to open notifications.

This video shows a setting for Gestures. Not exactly sure what is included though
    Attached Thumbnails Swipe Shortcuts (BlackBerry Motion)-266808.jpg  
    10-14-17 08:17 AM

This video shows a setting for Gestures. Not exactly sure what is included though
    That option is there on the KEYone as well. All you get is the bellow when you click on it. But maybe they plan to add more.
    Attached Thumbnails Swipe Shortcuts (BlackBerry Motion)-63098.jpg  
    10-14-17 08:24 AM
    That option is there on the KEYone as well. All you get is the bellow when you click on it. But maybe they plan to add more.
    There's also a similar setting on the Priv. Except............it doesn't work! I believe that it is one of those Android features that BlackBerry disables when they harden the Kernel with their security features. Kind of makes sense. Keeps someone else from accessing things on your phone that they shouldn't.
    One of those convenience items that doesn't mesh with security.
    And, yes I have tried it with the button turned on.
    10-14-17 08:40 AM
    There's also a similar setting on the Priv. Except............it doesn't work! I believe that it is one of those Android features that BlackBerry disables when they harden the Kernel with their security features. Kind of makes sense. Keeps someone else from accessing things on your phone that they shouldn't. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6fbea1c76a.jpg
    One of those convenience items that doesn't mesh with security.
    And, yes I have tried it with the button turned on.
    I don't see the option in your screen shot.
    10-14-17 08:42 AM
    I don't see the option in your screen shot.
    I'm not talking about the Gestures. I'm referring to the option in your Gestures settling for the camera action with the power button.
    Yours:
    Mine:
    10-14-17 09:12 AM
    That option works well on my priv....
    10-14-17 09:22 AM
    This is the only negative comment I have about the Motion. I love the swipe up app launch feature on DTEK and Priv
    12-07-17 01:14 PM
    Yeah, that's the one thing I miss from my Priv. Maybe they will throw us a bone some day.
    12-07-17 02:44 PM
    Bump

Not having this swipe home up/left/right for three apps may prevent me from buying the Motion, as having it (like on DTEK and Priv) really makes thing efficient being able to go to high-use apps from anywhere on the phone, and not having it can really slow things up having to always go back to the home screen to start a high-use app or to the active recent apps screen to access one already live....

But I thought I may have read somewhere that by swiping up on the home button on the Motion brings up the four-fav apps ribbon, which could keep things kind of quicker than not, particularly if it is universal no matter where one is on the phone:

Can anyone please verify if something happens by swiping up on the home button, and if it brings up the fav apps ribbon tray? Is there anything on the Motion that otherwise keeps things even remotely as quick and efficient like the home button swipes to three apps of the DTEK/Priv...?
    01-13-18 12:47 AM
    Bump

Not having this swipe home up/left/right for three apps may prevent me from buying the Motion, as having it (like on DTEK and Priv) really makes thing efficient being able to go to high-use apps from anywhere on the phone, and not having it can really slow things up having to always go back to the home screen to start a high-use app or to the active recent apps screen to access one already live....

But I thought I may have read somewhere that by swiping up on the home button on the Motion brings up the four-fav apps ribbon, which could keep things kind of quicker than not, particularly if it is universal no matter where one is on the phone:

Can anyone please verify if something happens by swiping up on the home button, and if it brings up the fav apps ribbon tray? Is there anything on the Motion that otherwise keeps things even remotely as quick and efficient like the home button swipes to three apps of the DTEK/Priv...?
    Swiping up on the Motion gives you three options: home, car and work. You can then set separate favourite apps for each. I find this unhelpful, overcomplicated and don't use it. I'd much rather have the three simple swipe movements I had on the DTEK60. Otherwise it's an excellent phone - fast, efficient and a battery that lasts forever.
    01-13-18 06:41 AM
    Swiping up on the Motion gives you three options: home, car and work. You can then set separate favourite apps for each. I find this unhelpful, overcomplicated and don't use it. I'd much rather have the three simple swipe movements I had on the DTEK60. Otherwise it's an excellent phone - fast, efficient and a battery that lasts forever.
    Are you confusing this function with the convenience key?
    01-13-18 08:57 AM
    Are you confusing this function with the convenience key?
    Oh yes sorry. I miss that swipe up.
    01-13-18 09:02 AM
    Just traded in my PRIV for a motion and sadly the swipe feature is not available. If you're in an app and want to access the hub you need to physically press the home button and then tap on the hub app to open it. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it's honestly a huge step back in terms of productivity. I feel like I'm using my wife's iPhone and eliminates one of the big reasons I had decided to stick with a Blackberry branded phone versus downloading the Hub plus suite on a different Android phone. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned as a red flag more often on Crackberry. Definitely having some buyers remorse over giving up my PRIV due to this reason alone. Battery life is pretty fantastic though.
    01-18-18 08:29 PM
    Just traded in my PRIV for a motion and sadly the swipe feature is not available. If you're in an app and want to access the hub you need to physically press the home button and then tap on the hub app to open it. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it's honestly a huge step back in terms of productivity. I feel like I'm using my wife's iPhone and eliminates one of the big reasons I had decided to stick with a Blackberry branded phone versus downloading the Hub plus suite on a different Android phone. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned as a red flag more often on Crackberry. Definitely having some buyers remorse over giving up my PRIV due to this reason alone. Battery life is pretty fantastic though.
    Yep, this is the one of two reasons I am sticking with my DTEK60. The swipe up feature really set BB apart and makes things much quicker overall. ...The other reason is my understanding it is the same chip set as DTEK60, so not really much quicker overall either...
    01-18-18 08:59 PM
    But is there any other way to configure the Swipe up shortcut, from the bottom of the screen in order to go back to the Home screen, as it was configured in BB10?
    Are there any apps that could do this maybe?
    01-23-18 04:18 PM
    But is there any other way to configure the Swipe up shortcut, from the bottom of the screen in order to go back to the Home screen, as it was configured in BB10?
    Are there any apps that could do this maybe?
    Found one: All in one gesture
    01-23-18 05:35 PM