I've given my Motion to my mother and she is going to see how she gets on with it.

I am now four hours away from her and she's asked how to stop in beeping when it gets email. I thought I'd set it up like this, but obviously not.

I'd ne really grateful if someone can post exactly which screens in the Settings to go to to change this? (She wants audible alerts for calls, SMS, WhatsApp, etc.). It was very confusing on the initial setup on how on earth to get it to shut up!

Bear in mind I'm not too familiar with Android and she is the least techy person I've ever met.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-19 07:29 AM
    How is her email set up? Through the Hub or was it set up through the GMail app?

Either way:

-Hub-

- Go to Settings
    - Go to Apps & notifications
    - Find Inbox
    - Tap App notifications
    - Under the email account: Tap on New Messages - You can shut them off entirely here, or just set it to make no sound

-GMail-

- Go to Settings
    - Go to Apps & notifications
    - Find GMail
    - Tap App notifications
    - Under the email account: Tap on Mail - You can shut them off entirely here, or just set it to make no sound
    08-21-19 11:41 AM
    Thanks very much. It is set up using the Hub. I'll call her and go through this. Wish me luck!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-19 11:54 AM
    Thanks very much. It is set up using the Hub. I'll call her and go through this. Wish me luck!

Posted via CB10
    Good luck, lemme know how you make out. It you need further help, I can put together some screenshots or a quick video to make it a bit easier.
    08-21-19 01:44 PM
    Yes, that worked, thank you very much.

I was quite surprised when she said the battery is draining fast, her friend told her Skype was the culprit. She deleted it and is now happy with the phone.

Cheers Blaze

Posted via CB10
    08-24-19 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD