BB Motion BBD100-1 ABX972 with two "starred" contacts. When I have the phone in "Do Not Disturb" mode, a phone call from these contacts will NOT give the ring sound when they call my phone. The screen will show who is calling, but this is not a lot of good when asleep!

The "Do Not Disturb" rules have priority to allow "selected messages, selected callers" and looking at that sub menu, messages and calls are allowed "From starred contacts only".

What have I missed in being able to get the phone to ring noisily if one of my starred contacts rings me?

TIA
    06-27-19 04:33 AM
    BB Motion BBD100-1 ABX972 with two "starred" contacts. When I have the phone in "Do Not Disturb" mode, a phone call from these contacts will NOT give the ring sound when they call my phone. The screen will show who is calling, but this is not a lot of good when asleep!

The "Do Not Disturb" rules have priority to allow "selected messages, selected callers" and looking at that sub menu, messages and calls are allowed "From starred contacts only".

What have I missed in being able to get the phone to ring noisily if one of my starred contacts rings me?

TIA
    Are you picking the "priority only" option rather then "total silence" or "alarms only"?
    06-27-19 12:10 PM
    Am priority only.
    06-27-19 12:24 PM
    Having switched the phone off and back on, it is now working as expected. No idea what changed.
    06-29-19 04:27 PM