Find an app you like and pay to remove the ads. That's why they all offer in-app purchases, kill you with ads until you buy.
    Oh. Didn't know we had to buy some or that we could (for some of them... others I have seen for sale).

I thought free was free.

Don't you miss BB ver 10 - free apps
    lol

I think the IG repost might have been the one. So far, no pop_ups
    10-24-18 02:08 PM
    Any 3rd party app that requires you to login with your social media acct to use features you really have to be careful that you trust them. It'd be child's play to harvest that info and use it for malware. I'd delete them and reset PW for IG .
    towngirl likes this.
    10-24-18 05:09 PM
    I am still getting them. I will change it.

Look what twitter did lol. I said noAttachment 440969
    10-24-18 06:09 PM
    Sometimes you open up a web browser when you click on a link from FB or IG ect..

How do you clean the web browser? Or is it the same as clearing Google / Chrome?
    10-25-18 01:01 PM
    yes social media links to the web will open your default browser or the webview browser. I just set my default browser to Kiwi or Brave browsers (find it in the playstore) both of which have some ad/popup filtering and then use Chrome directly when I wish.
    towngirl likes this.
    10-26-18 01:49 PM
    How could a so called ''secure android'' embark so much spam?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-18 01:37 AM
    How could a so called ''secure android'' embark so much spam?

Posted via CB10
    Because someone consciously downloads an app with advertising?

There is no security breach going on.
    10-27-18 07:15 AM
    Yeah sometimes an App will download itself and another accompanying App. I downloaded Messenger Lite and it brought with it Facebook mini. I had no idea.
    You will have to to comb through all your apps and delete anything your not sure of.
    10-27-18 07:21 AM
    Yeah sometimes an App will download itself and another accompanying App. I downloaded Messenger Lite and it brought with it Facebook mini. I had no idea.
    You will have to to comb through all your apps and delete anything your not sure of.
    The only new apps, are deleted.

And I have been slowing deleting older ones, that were never a problem.

It's stupid. How many do you delete.

I really thought it might be cache / data but seems it's wasn't.

It must have been an app that updated itself. Which would explain why an older app could be a problem.
    10-27-18 09:28 AM
    The only new apps, are deleted.

And I have been slowing deleting older ones, that were never a problem.

It's stupid. How many do you delete.

I really thought it might be cache / data but seems it's wasn't.

It must have been an app that updated itself. Which would explain why an older app could be a problem.
    Sounds like you have a lot of unnecessary and some junk no name apps actually. Just judging from the pics you shares and all the photo apps you have. Typically sticking to well known apps, you will avoid this kind of stuff.
    10-29-18 04:36 PM
    I don't have that much. lol

Half of what you see comes with the phone.

And I think it's been over a day without seeing spam so it might be gone! I hope
    10-29-18 04:50 PM
    This started to come up again. Sometimes it's a vid ad and hear your phone suddenly making noise when screens was off.

"draw over other apps" is definitely not the answer to a fix.

Any other ideas?
    11-21-18 06:53 AM
    This started to come up again. Sometimes it's a vid ad and hear your phone suddenly making noise when screens was off.

"draw over other apps" is definitely not the answer to a fix.

Any other ideas?
    Remove sketchy apps....
    towngirl likes this.
    11-21-18 05:37 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't have Snapchat on my phone if my life depended on it. It's one of the worst for data mining and spyware.
    11-22-18 02:22 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't have Snapchat on my phone if my life depended on it. It's one of the worst for data mining and spyware.
    I don't have any problem with it. It is worst for data when you have the map turned on. omg that is terrible. My son put it on. I had to turn it off.

So, I got a new app and that must be the problem. (I forgot I got it.) So I removed it.

Blaze said to pay for an app, to not get spam. So, does anyone know which Photo Collage Maker you can pay for? I looked around and I can't see one. Otherwise, I don't know how to make a collage on the phone. Thanks
    11-22-18 02:38 PM

Blaze said to pay for an app, to not get spam. So, does anyone know which Photo Collage Maker you can pay for? I looked around and I can't see one. Otherwise, I don't know how to make a collage on the phone. Thanks
    Have you tried Adobo Photoshop Express https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...adobe.psmobile ? Although its not a pay app its by a major company, doesn't have crazy permissions and is unlikely to force bad ads onto you.
    11-26-18 08:52 PM
    Have you tried Adobo Photoshop Express https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...adobe.psmobile ? Although its not a pay app its by a major company, doesn't have crazy permissions and is unlikely to force bad ads onto you.
    I have. But in the app, I can't figure out what button means what. It's total crap to use.

I wish they would use words instead of diagrams. Or both.

Anyway, I don't think PS has a collage maker.
    11-26-18 09:59 PM
    Here are some recommendations...

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/picture...lage-apps.html
    11-26-18 11:04 PM
    I have. But in the app, I can't figure out what button means what. It's total crap to use.

I wish they would use words instead of diagrams. Or both.

Anyway, I don't think PS has a collage maker.
    it does have a collage maker, probably not as simple to use however than a dedicated collage app.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/us...l#Makecollages
    11-27-18 12:10 AM
    It is dedicated .. I have had PS and LR .. unfortunately, without text instead of diagrams, I can't use it. At least if I could find the undo key which I need because everything I touch is the wrong key & I need to undo it lol.

So, I need another one
    11-27-18 06:26 AM
    Great, thanks for link.

One of them is the one I was using PhotoGrid ... gave me the spam. I got rid of it.

I do see two that are paid. So, I guess I can try one of those.
    11-27-18 06:31 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD