My Motion shat the bed and I replaced it. I backed up and copied / cloned everything fairly successfully. (I have over 5000 contacts in my phone.) I keep my contacts local (and backed up regularly) and I don't stay signed in to my Google account. I have operated this way for many years. I have moved from the Z10 to the Priv to another Priv to a Motion, to another Motion, and now this is my third Motion.

For each of those moves, I've never had this problem. I use the Native Messaging app. (I have an unlocked phone on AT&T, so I think that's the Google messaging app?) don't think I had updated that app recently, but it updated as I set up this new phone.

All my contacts are copied and loaded. But, in the messaging app (and in the hub, where texts are shown), the display only shows the phone number and not the contact name, for about half the texts. (All my old text chains copied over from the backup / restore in Google) I've searched other similar threads, I've tried "force stop" on the app and I've tried 32-second reset. I can't figure it out.

Anyone know what I should try next?
    01-21-21 11:48 AM
    My Motion shat the bed and I replaced it. I backed up and copied / cloned everything fairly successfully. (I have over 5000 contacts in my phone.) I keep my contacts local (and backed up regularly) and I don't stay signed in to my Google account. I have operated this way for many years. I have moved from the Z10 to the Priv to another Priv to a Motion, to another Motion, and now this is my third Motion.

For each of those moves, I've never had this problem. I use the Native Messaging app. (I have an unlocked phone on AT&T, so I think that's the Google messaging app?) don't think I had updated that app recently, but it updated as I set up this new phone.

All my contacts are copied and loaded. But, in the messaging app (and in the hub, where texts are shown), the display only shows the phone number and not the contact name, for about half the texts. (All my old text chains copied over from the backup / restore in Google) I've searched other similar threads, I've tried "force stop" on the app and I've tried 32-second reset. I can't figure it out.

Anyone know what I should try next?
    ETA: Also doesn't display in the Hub or in the Phone app. Is there a setting in Contacts I don't have checked or something?
    01-22-21 12:02 AM