That's pretty much what I've been saying right from the start. BlackBerry is a Canadian multinational firm with global partnerships.

It's called "out sourcing" and that's it.
    But that's fundamentally NOT what's happening here.

BlackBerry is just a software vendor to TCL for TCL's own devices. It is TCL, and TCL alone, that is doing the "outsourcing".
    TCM01 likes this.
    12-06-17 07:59 PM
    Can't I just make a true statement and be left alone? What is wrong with this forum where "ambassadors" have to come in here to make nonsensical replies to my posts.
    Except your post is incorrect. You still have every right to post anything you like - it's encouraged. However I have an equal right to post a rebuttal - particularly in a situation where there is erroneous information.

If you are just looking for a safe space, where all of your thoughts can be unchallenged, on a friendly forum with lively discussion and debate, then you may want want to reevaluate.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-06-17 08:05 PM
    BlackBerry, again, is based and headquartered out of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and they have phones built by TCL (BlackBerry Mobile). And...?

When BlackBerry "built their own hardware" - they actually had that hardware built by Wistron out of Mexico. Did that make BlackBerry a Mexican based firm headquartered out of Mexico? Nope, they were still a Canadian company and they still are.

When devices were made by Foxconn, did that make BlackBerry a Asian firm based out of Asia? No, they were still BlackBerry based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Just like now.
    I think you're still a bit confused, we're only discussing BlackBerry Mobile in this thread, not BlackBerry.

The current structure is very different from your past examples. Previously BlackBerry would handle smartphone design, R&D, sales, support, etc and partners like Wistron would only manufacture the devices. As of last year, BlackBerry has closed their devices business and licensed their brand and OS to TCL (among others) who handle the above. BlackBerry as a company likely has little if anything to do with these devices.

I'm not sure if the term "beating a dead horse" applies here, but that's what you're doing.
    You're responding to multiple posters, also, you bumped the thread.
    12-06-17 08:17 PM
    wait, TCL holds the license to bb10? methinks not.

Posted via CBX
    12-06-17 08:39 PM
    wait, TCL holds the license to bb10? methinks not.

Posted via CBX
    They just licensed BB Android IIRC.
    12-06-17 10:32 PM
    Well it is still the Canadian Heart that pumps the BlackBerry Blood through the device.
    Just my thoughts. But you can disagree if you want to. Sorry. πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
    I say get Bitcoin today and buy Many Motions tomorrow. πŸ˜‰πŸ“±πŸ“±πŸ“±πŸ“±πŸ“±πŸ“±πŸ“±πŸ“±πŸ“±and why not a few Key-ones.
    12-06-17 10:55 PM
    I was finally able to hold a motion in person today. Can I say that I was very much impressed with the look and feel of the device itself. Wasn't able to use it, as it was straight out of the box retail version, and I didn't want to remove the packaging, as someone will eventually buy it. I liked it alot.

Think I'm going to buy one, but still debating on the motion vs KeyOne Black.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 04:17 PM
    I was finally able to hold a motion in person today. Can I say that I was very much impressed with the look and feel of the device itself. Wasn't able to use it, as it was straight out of the box retail version, and I didn't want to remove the packaging, as someone will eventually buy it. I liked it alot.

Think I'm going to buy one, but still debating on the motion vs KeyOne Black.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I agree with you on the Motion. Feels Premium, but make sure you wear silk gloves. It's s a fingerprint magnet all around.
    12-07-17 08:15 PM
    The build quality, design, form and especially the battery are very good, I would say great, on the Motion. I have only problem with the camera quality and with the sound of the bottom speaker. These two hardware pieces unfortunately downgrade the overall look and feel from the Motion very much.
    12-08-17 12:29 AM
    Disappointed with the new BB Motion deals that came out today since they only affect people who lock themselves into over priced contracts. I've been keeping my eyes on the Zenfone 3 (64GB/4GB ram 5.5") and it's only $388 on Amazon. I will pay more than that for a Motion, but not 200 dollars more. Still waiting for Motion price drop.....
    12-08-17 05:05 PM
    Disappointed with the new BB Motion deals that came out today since they only affect people who lock themselves into over priced contracts. I've been keeping my eyes on the Zenfone 3 (64GB/4GB ram 5.5") and it's only $388 on Amazon. I will pay more than that for a Motion, but not 200 dollars more. Still waiting for Motion price drop.....
    The ZenFone 3 is a different device from the ZenFone 3 Zoom (smaller battery, different camera, IPS vs AMOLED, etc)
    usertestgt likes this.
    12-08-17 06:19 PM
    Yes, but both phones had very good reviews and very good battery life. The Zenfone 3 has 4Gb of RAM just like the Motion, plus it 64Gb of storage. I wish it was waterproof and had NFC but for $200.....
    12-08-17 06:29 PM
    Ok. I have posted here how much I love(ed) the Motion. Well today I have had to pack it up for sending back. The call volume became so low to be inaudible. I tried everything. In the end even a factory reset did not solve the problem. It was fine on headphones but then when I unplugged the headset I could not get full call volume. Not happy. My Q10 and Silver Passport both developed double typing issues previously. I am tired of these quality issues. Is this it for me for BlackBerry? I am not sure.
    Every OEM will have some hardware issues with some phones. I will ask is there OEM's using cheap components on their phones and selling them for premium prices? I am asking that question about TCL now. Myself and others have had hardware problems with the DTEK 60. Reports of Keyone reception issues, Motion has a inferior camera sensor than the Keyone that came months before it. I hope TCL builds a Blackberry branded phone with current specs...justify the higher price point.

I am not mad as this is a business and organizations has to do what is best for their interest. I am sure John Chen is happy that he does not have to incur the financial loss of the handset business anymore. I hope TCL is happy with the agreement to sell Blackberry branded phones...They need to profit to be happy. As a consumer I need to be happy with the product I purchase and have it function as it was intended to function. I wanted to scoop up the Motion but early reviews, less (32gb) and old components (625) turned me off at that price point. The SE Keyone was a no go for me...I am not paying that price for 3gb ram 32gb storage in 2017/18. You asked the question " Is this it for me for Blackberry?" Yes, only you can answered that.

I brought another phone from another OEM and the hardware is far superior than my last 3 Blackberries (Z30, Priv, 60). It is new but last years flagship and I paid much less than I paid for the Priv or Dtek 60 new. If you never try another OEM product you just do not know how far the TCL branded Blackberry phones are from the competition. I am now experiencing Android N for the 1st time. The 60 should have been upgraded to Android N. I have a phone that just turned 1 year old and is two OS updates behind. That is unheard of. I spent $499.00 for the 60 and it will be a paperweight soon once Google shut down security updates. I will tread carefully in regards to buying a TCL Blackberry branded phone.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-09-17 10:33 AM
    At this point in time, we don't whether the Motion will be just another Alcatel product or something more.
    12-09-17 11:01 AM
    At this point in time, we don't whether the Motion will be just another Alcatel product or something more.
    I heard the Motion camera sensor is the same as one in the Alcatel phones. Badge Engineering. I guess too much badge and not enough engineering in future BlackBerry branded phones. This is not uncommon in manufacturing with Auto makers. GM, Volkswagen and others do it.
    12-09-17 02:10 PM
    The Motion seems to have a lot in common with the Idol 5S but it has a different design, more RAM, and a larger battery. If that's TCL's strategy moving forward it's certainly not a bad one (they're still competitive components) but ideally devices will be priced cheaper.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-09-17 02:16 PM
    The Motion seems to have a lot in common with the Idol 5S but it has a different design, more RAM, and a larger battery. If that's TCL's strategy moving forward it's certainly not a bad one (they're still competitive components) but ideally devices will be priced cheaper.
    True...
    12-09-17 04:32 PM
    Well I broke down and bought a new phone! One plus 5 T. So far I like it, awesome screen, nice camera, very fast processer, excellent user interface. More than I wanted to pay..... Unfortunately until they start selling the Motion unlocked I can't buy it anyway since I'm on Public Mobile. Was a bit surprised at the Telus store that they wouldn't sell me the Motion without a Telus contact. WTF! Also could not bring myself to buy any of the Zenfone products. We will see how the OP 5T performs ...... Maybe next time BB.
    12-30-17 03:49 PM
    I picked up a NOS LG V20 for under $250.

It outlasts my DTEK60 on power by a LOT and it sure was priced nice. It has N on it and is supposed to get O sometime in 1Q 18.

It's fast as all get out and has a removable battery, which is nice.... And the DAC is insanely good if you use wired headphones.

I would have bought a Motion but they don't want to sell it in the US and won't talk about their intentions so....
    12-30-17 07:20 PM
    Wow, sounds like a great deal on a great phone...
    12-31-17 12:36 PM
    Get a KEYone instead. Motion for me is a disappointment. I had a Keyone for two mo the, then sold it to buy a Motion and now regret it. Fingerprint sensor on the Motion is worse, when browsing through a newswire the motion gets jammed somehow and I have to scroll several times one and the same place to move my feed down, the speaker (just one) is horrendous even compared to Keyone (let alone Passport). If u r a touchscreen diehard, sure, try a Motion, but I recommend you trying a Keyone instead - it's really good.
    01-02-18 11:38 AM
    I like mine. It's been growing on me as I use it. Motion was an upgrade for me coming from the Priv.
    How is the camera compared to the PRIV?
    01-02-18 11:53 AM
    How is the camera compared to the PRIV?
    Not as good as the camera on the Priv in my opinion. Everyone said that the Priv camera was horrible. I found it to be exceptional. My wife has an iPhone 6s Plus and she was always envious of the photos I took with my Priv. The Motion's camera is a downgrade from the Priv's camera. One of the few things that I found to be disappointing. Everyone who bought a KEYone raved about the camera and I was hoping that the Motion would have the same guts...but alas...not so. It's acceptable and sometimes even good in ideal lighting conditions, but in low light, it's not good.
    01-02-18 01:59 PM
73 123