Do any other motion owners have issues with screen unevenness? My screen has dark patches and unevenness at the bottom of the screen. Wondering if I have a faulty unit or not?
    11-23-17 12:05 PM
    Do any other motion owners have issues with screen unevenness? My screen has dark patches and unevenness at the bottom of the screen. Wondering if I have a faulty unit or not?
    Can you photograph it so that it shows if posted?
    11-23-17 02:19 PM
    Quite hard to see. It's subtle, but the screen lighting looks a bit uneven to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-17 03:20 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-23-17 03:20 PM
    I'm not seeing anything like that...at least, not yet.
    11-23-17 05:51 PM
    even color display on my bbd100-2. sounds like you might have a faulty unit.
    11-23-17 10:53 PM
    Nope, no such issues on mine
    11-24-17 01:28 AM
    Okay, thanks. I'll take it back to cpw. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 03:07 AM
    Nope, no such issues on mine
    Me neither.
    11-24-17 07:54 AM
    Also, what about the brightness levels? My passport looks about twice as bright at full brightness. Maybe I've got a bad screen?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 09:15 AM
    My device screen is alright. Your device might have a faulty screen. If you share some pictures will be useful.
    11-24-17 10:48 AM
    Well i went into CPW on 23rd Nov and ordered Motion collect 24th Nov ,didnot hear from them so rang them ,apparently cause of all the Black Friday delivery deals going on there was a delay in the order.Mmmm okay so hoping will hear from them today 26th that it has arrived.
    Will check the screen on arrival any other possible issues that peole know of? will look on forums for info though .
    11-25-17 02:45 AM
    I have observed the same on my device too. Adjusted the Color Temperature in Screen Mode between Cold and Normal. That fixes it. I guess it is the reflection from bottom bezel and fingerprint scanner.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-25-17 11:17 PM
    Thanks Ashish. I thought I was imagining it! it's so subtle it's barely noticeable. My wife can't see it at all. lol.
    On another note, I'm absolutely loving the device. I've been on BB10 since 2013 and was dreading having to back to Android. Android, and in particular the BB android is fantastic. I've put Nova launcher on, so I've got gestures. Not quite the same gestures but just as good. I have set double tap to launch the hub, which works beautifully. Swipe down for universal search. Swipe up for apps. Tap and Swipe up for recent apps. Widgets for podcast player, weather and clock. That's it. Awesome. Great device. Been using all day solid and still on 53% battery!
    11-26-17 05:14 PM
    I have problems like in attached photos. At bottom left and right. Only see with screen off, on black.
    It is like grease or powder.
    When clearing it is dissappear totally, but reappear after a few minutes.
    Also clearing solutions stay different on this surfaces.
    I think it is deffective screen.
    What do you thoughts?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Issues-48893.jpg  
    12-09-17 03:39 AM
    Another pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Screen Issues-48894.jpg  
    12-09-17 03:40 AM
    I have problems like in attached photos. At bottom left and right. Only see with screen off, on black.
    It is like grease or powder.
    When clearing it is dissappear totally, but reappear after a few minutes.
    Also clearing solutions stay different on this surfaces.
    I think it is deffective screen.
    What do you thoughts?

Thanks.
    Strange. Does it have any sort of textured feel when sliding your finger(s) over it? Did you have any form of screen protector applied prior or is this straight out of the box after factor protective film was removed?

I've seen some types of adhesives that briefly disappear after cleaning yet wouldn't think the protective film TCL applied at factory would leave anything of the sort. Doesn't seem plausible the screen's protective coating is damage if cleaning mitigates it briefly yet could very well be the case. Could take an alcohol wipe and gently clean a small area and see if that helps, don't want to overdo it though.
    Last edited by Elky64; 12-09-17 at 08:26 AM.
    12-09-17 08:11 AM
    Strange. Does it have any sort of textured feel when sliding you finger(s) over it? Did you have any form of screen protector applied prior or is this straight out of the box after factor protective film was removed?

I've seen some types of adhesives that briefly disappear after cleaning yet wouldn't think the protective film TCL applied at factory would leave anything of the sort. Doesn't seem plausible the screen's protective coating is damage if cleaning mitigates it briefly yet could very well be the case. Could take an alcohol wipe and gently clean a small area and see if that helps, don't want to overdo it though.
    No textured feel, no different feeling, no screen protector at all.
    After unboxing not seeing this. The phones has 3 weeks, for the first time when observe is 3 day ago.
    Clean it with alcohol wipe, not solve the problem.
    Single difference when spray on it the cleaning solution, looks totally different on this part of the screen.
    12-09-17 08:23 AM
    No textured feel, no different feeling, no screen protector at all.
    After unboxing not seeing this. The phones has 3 weeks, for the first time when observe is 3 day ago.
    Clean it with alcohol wipe, not solve the problem.
    Single difference when spray on it the cleaning solution, looks totally different on this part of the screen.
    Humm, best guess then is that the anti-scratch coating is defective or something has de-bonded. If de-bonding wouldn't think you see any change after cleaning but then... Did you try putting pressure on an areas effected to see if there's any noticeable change? Think exchanging phone for another might be your only option if a simple clean fails to resolve.

Had my Motion for almost a month without issue but then I applied a screen protector right out of the box - which would only minimize surface defects from appearing and not de-bonding (if that's what you are experiencing).
    12-09-17 08:49 AM
    Humm, best guess then is that the anti-scratch coating is defective or something has de-bonded. If de-bonding wouldn't think you see any change after cleaning but then... Did you try putting pressure on an areas effected to see if there's any noticeable change? Think exchanging phone for another might be your only option if a simple clean fails to resolve.

Had my Motion for almost a month without issue but then I applied a screen protector right out of the box.
    Thanks for your opinion.
    12-09-17 08:55 AM