My Motion flashed the screen, showed some vertical lines, and now is black. It's still functioning - can receive calls, emails, etc. But, doesn't respond to any screen touches and won't display anything. When I connect it to my desktop, I can't press the "charge and data" option to be able to see the info on the phone. Is there any way to access it?
    03-02-20 09:52 AM
    My Motion flashed the screen, showed some vertical lines, and now is black. It's still functioning - can receive calls, emails, etc. But, doesn't respond to any screen touches and won't display anything. When I connect it to my desktop, I can't press the "charge and data" option to be able to see the info on the phone. Is there any way to access it?
    I'm afraid not.

Either get your local phone shop to replace the screen - or hope that your cloud syncs, SD card, and Google backup has what you need.
    03-02-20 09:54 AM
    I'm afraid not.

Either get your local phone shop to replace the screen - or hope that your cloud syncs, SD card, and Google backup has what you need.
    Thanks. Surprisingly (not surpisingly), my local shop doesn't think they can get parts, and TCL said the first thing they would do is wipe the phone when they receive it. Everything is backed up, except my calendar, which I keep local for client protection reasons. I've had problems before, but never lost the ability to view the screen. I have had a BlackBerry since the first gen Pearl, and always kept my calendar local. I never drop my phone or abuse, so it wasn't something I've ever had to deal with.
    03-02-20 10:01 AM
    Thanks. Surprisingly (not surpisingly), my local shop doesn't think they can get parts, and TCL said the first thing they would do is wipe the phone when they receive it. Everything is backed up, except my calendar, which I keep local for client protection reasons. I've had problems before, but never lost the ability to view the screen. I have had a BlackBerry since the first gen Pearl, and always kept my calendar local. I never drop my phone or abuse, so it wasn't something I've ever had to deal with.
    https://www.sunsky-online.com/view/730428.htm

Google searches will find them for you.
    03-02-20 10:09 AM
    https://www.sunsky-online.com/view/730428.htm

Google searches will find them for you.
    Thank you.
    03-02-20 10:11 AM
    The only videos I have able to find (like the one embedded in the sunsky-online link) do not show how to actually replace the digitizer/screen. (He stops short in that video, because he says it will likely crack the screen.) Does anybody happen to know of a link to a video or step-by-step to replace it? Thanks.
    03-02-20 01:41 PM