Hey CrackBerrians,

As much as I dislike Android & iOS at some point in the near future I'm going to have to retire my beloved Z30 for something with a fresh battery & some existent support. I'm looking to the Motion to substitute. I need some real world user advice about the Motion. I want to hear from only those who actually own & use the device as their daily driver.
    Give me your list of positives & negatives about the Motion in general & it's support.
    Also tell me after using the Motion if you wish you would've chosen a different device & what device it would be.
    Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    05-12-18 01:29 PM
    I am using the Motion since Nov 2017. My previous device was the PRIV. I prefer Motion due to excellent battery life which easily lasts me full day so no hassles for keeping a charger , the device is nippy, no heating, no freezing, no sluggishness as compared to the PRIV. The finger print scanner is unique and accurate. Rear cam delivers decent and sharp pictures. The VKB is very good and you being a Z30 user will have no difficulty in tuning your fingers . The security updates are regular feature . Overall Motion is great value for money device and in terms of productivity the best BlackBerry I have used .
    05-12-18 02:12 PM
    I am using the Motion since Nov 2017. My previous device was the PRIV. I prefer Motion due to excellent battery life which easily lasts me full day so no hassles for keeping a charger , the device is nippy, no heating, no freezing, no sluggishness as compared to the PRIV. The finger print scanner is unique and accurate. Rear cam delivers decent and sharp pictures. The VKB is very good and you being a Z30 user will have no difficulty in tuning your fingers . The security updates are regular feature . Overall Motion is great value for money device and in terms of productivity the best BlackBerry I have used .
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You said the security updates are a regular feature. Are you stuck on the February update like many of the other motion users? If not what update are you on?

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    05-12-18 06:03 PM
    Hey CrackBerrians,

As much as I dislike Android & iOS at some point in the near future I'm going to have to retire my beloved Z30 for something with a fresh battery & some existent support. I'm looking to the Motion to substitute. I need some real world user advice about the Motion. I want to hear from only those who actually own & use the device as their daily driver.
    Give me your list of positives & negatives about the Motion in general & it's support.
    Also tell me after using the Motion if you wish you would've chosen a different device & what device it would be.
    Thanks in advance!

I’ve owned all the BBAndroid except the Motion and the only reason I haven’t bought it would be that it’s not sold by AT&T. I bought the Z30 and the DTEK from ShopBlackBerry and decided that carrier support is more important for me than device updates. The Z30 didn’t have all the AT&T LTE bands and the DTEK wasn’t the carrier level quality I’d expect from BlackBerry hardware.

I have the AT&T KEYone and the quality of the device is back to quality level of the BlackBerry that I know and love to own.

I’m married to AT&T for coverage service only and couldn’t switch over yet with T-Mobile. I’ve tried every year testing coverage. For me it’s not there yet.

I say all this, because Trusted Members on here have vouched to quality level of the Motion being equal to KEYone and superb battery life. I can vouch for BBAndroid improving so much over Plain Android over 2 1/2 years. Could I switch onto T-Mobile now, I’d buy the Motion and without hesitation.
    05-12-18 06:48 PM
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You said the security updates are a regular feature. Are you stuck on the February update like many of the other motion users? If not what update are you on?

I live in Dubai . My android security patch level is 5th March 2018 . Yes you are right I have been stuck on this for more than 30 days . Hopefully this status will change soon. Regards
    05-13-18 02:06 AM
    Pluses:

Battery life is unbelievably good.

Large screen/form factor is nice.

Convenience key works well.

Price isn't that bad at $449 US.

Fingerprint scanner works well.

Nice looking device.

Minuses:

Power button on same side as all buttons is awkward at first, but you get used to it.

Camera in dark lighting is subpar. Good lighting it's ok.
    05-13-18 05:49 AM
    Minuses:
    - while talking in Bluetooth, without reason, the conversation turns to the internal mic and speaker

You check the screen and the icon says you are in bkuetooth!!!

If you push the button and in the drop down menu and you select Bluetooth, it won't fix the issue

You must first switch to either vivavoice or default internal audio and next select bkuetooth

Only this way the audio goes back to bluetooth

This happen only when I cross some specific areas with my car. Unbelievable.

Now I know those points
    and if that happen while crossing one of those points.. I know what to do...

.... unfortunately, because of my work, I move in other directions...

Pretty bad experince

----------------

- bluetooth for playing music is a bad experience too

My car audio is Alpine

With my BBs Q20 and Q5 I have never had issues with Bluetooth music

When the Qxx was bluetooth connected, you were sure the audio was playable, straight, no tricks.

I was selecting an App, playing it, and that was: music play

With the motion, all updated, no difference , same issues since the begin.

While phone calls viva voice (except the above defect) works, the audio won't stream unless you don't switch the car stereo cycling through the various sources: radio - cd - usb audio - bkuetooth - aux

when it lands on bkuetooth again, it searches again, and hopefully the audio will begin to stream

You get a call, when the call ends, no audio stream, need to cycle again.

Never had this issue on Q20 and Q5

what a poor experience

---------

- calls manager is really silly

you search a contact

The contact has three numbers
    - home
    - office
    - mobile

you tap wrong , home, needed is office, you click back to use one of the others numbers and .... blank

You must search again!!!!!!

I'm wondering why BlackBerry steps back instead of forward keeping working things working

On ANY previous blackberry if you do what above, you go back to contact and WITHOUT the need to search again, you have there the card of that contact

------

I have some more to add , I'll be back

-----

I'm back

The NON (surreal and unreal) integration between the apps and the HUB causes annoying situations

- I have the phone calls app open, to be able to delete a call from the calls list, I must
    1. Click on the call
    2. Click on the "i" icon to get that call infos
    3. Click on the mini waste bin icon top right
    OR
    Switch to or start the HUB and swipe to waste that call

WOW so handle

Nevertheless, If the call app were smart, when I swipe to waste a call, it should prompt:
    "would you like to waste all the entries about xxxyyyzzzxxx from the calls log?"
    Where that xxxyyyzzzxxx is the swiped number or contact name

I call this "privacy aid"

----------

The calls app has a star tab where the favorites are listed
    It is the top ten of the more often called cobtacts

Hey buddy! If I waste one its counter must be reset too!

Instead as soon I call again that contact, it goes back to its previous position

WDF, this is against any privacy and anyway against my will. If I have removed it it is because I DON'T WANT IT IN THAT TOP 10

------

I suspect that now coders (with all the respect) are Chinese (mean as cheap) and no more Canadiens

------

Premise:

when it comes to type ,I have added two more languages to the BB keyboard,
    since in my daily job I use not only my native language.

Rather than type, I prefer to dictate expecially if I'm driving, do you agree?

Well, other keyboards e.g. my friend has whauwei , allow to set many languages for the voice recognition

Looks like that the BB doesn't, only one at a time

Ok this last is solved but the solution is not straight and bit not logic.
    The dictation goes related to they keyboard languages you have set,
    If I want to temporarily add a language to dictate, I must do a trickie procedure to add that language to the keyboard input, while dictation is another story.
    But ok at least a solution is found
    Last edited by Corsari; 05-13-18 at 10:30 AM. Reason: added more minuses
    05-13-18 06:33 AM
    +'s

- the phone call quality is good and reliable (unlike my former KeyOne)
    - the wireless data connection is stable and never cuts out (unlike my former KeyOne)
    - the Bluetooth connection is stable and never cuts out (unlike my former KeyOne)
    - worry free, all day battery !
    - the privacy case that you can buy for the Motion is really good

I don't really have any -'s to cite. It's a solid device.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-18 06:43 AM
    +'s

- the wireless data connection is stable and never cuts out (unlike my former KeyOne)
    - the Bluetooth connection is stable and never cuts out (unlike my former KeyOne)

Posted via CB10
    Agree for the rest, but bluetooth is a mess
    05-13-18 06:58 AM
    Pluses:

What everyone above said

Minuses:

It's not a KEYone
    05-13-18 07:33 AM
    Deleted because duplicated
    Last edited by Corsari; 05-13-18 at 09:05 AM.
    05-13-18 08:14 AM
    Rather I'd say,

BB developers afford on android as it is

while they should do like BSD does in the linux world.

Take the Android kernel and work on a "BBSD" (allow me the words joke)

This environment compared to BB OS 10.x looks more like a
    "I'd like but I can't"
    05-13-18 08:19 AM
    I've had the Motion since Nov. of last year. LOVE the phone. I don't want a PKB phone, so it was the only BlackBerry for me. I was coming off a PRIV, and a Z10 before that.

Positives:

1. Battery life is amazing. I go all day with medium to heavy usage and no concerns about needing to top up. When I put it on the charger, it has anywhere from 65-28% left.

2. Keyboard is fantastic.

3. Runs smoothly for me. No issue with apps. I can get things done on it!

4. Water resistance. This was important to me.

Cons:

1. Only 32GB storage. I wanted a 64GB size. I have to be somewhat mindful of how many apps I have. I keep other files on my SD card, but it still could really use 64GB for the main storage.

2. Camera. Rear facing is just meh. Takes good pictures in bright light, but terrible in low light and at night. Front facing is WAY better than the PRIV. I wish it had image stabilization for video on the front for the occasions I shoot video with the front camera.

3. Speaker volume is a bit low.

4. AT&T and Hotspot: This is AT&T's fault, not the phone's, but it's frustrating they've disabled HotSpot on it since it's a non-branded phone. Not something I use much, but disappointed AT&T has done this.

This was the perfect choice for me. The price was fair for the features I wanted. Love the phone and don't regret it at all.
    05-13-18 08:40 AM
    I have added more issues to my minuses,

for the sake of rationality, I have added them into the issues comment

scroll back to find it
    05-13-18 08:43 AM
    I have added more issues to my minuses,

for the sake of rationality, I have added them into the issues comment

scroll back to find it
    Thanks for all the info, buddy. Those do sound like annoying & inconvenient issues. Sorry it's been such a crappy experience for you. So with all you've said, what device do you wish you would've gotten instead of the Motion?

05-13-18 09:51 AM
    +'s

Posted via CB10
    How do you feel about that big chin? Do you find it an advantage to rest your thumbs on or should it have been more display real estate minus the physical button?

05-13-18 09:56 AM
    I keep the motion for the battery and for the pseudo-HUB

I have kept my Q20 who knows.

I'm sad for the unfinished self-killing policy of the RIM / BB company.

You'd better find the full history of my posts and you'll get an idea.
    05-13-18 09:59 AM
    Minuses:
    - while talking in Bluetooth, without reason, the conversation turns to the internal mic and speaker

You check the screen and the icon says you are in bkuetooth!!!

If you push the button and in the drop down menu and you select Bluetooth, it won't fix the issue

You must first switch to either vivavoice or default internal audio and next select bkuetooth

Only this way the audio goes back to bluetooth

This happen only when I cross some specific areas with my car. Unbelievable.

Now I know those points
    and if that happen while crossing one of those points.. I know what to do...

.... unfortunately, because of my work, I move in other directions...

Pretty bad experince

----------------

- bluetooth for playing music is a bad experience too

My car audio is Alpine

With my BBs Q20 and Q5 I have never had issues with Bluetooth music

When the Qxx was bluetooth connected, you were sure the audio was playable, straight, no tricks.

I was selecting an App, playing it, and that was: music play

With the motion, all updated, no difference , same issues since the begin.

While phone calls viva voice (except the above defect) works, the audio won't stream unless you don't switch the car stereo cycling through the various sources: radio - cd - usb audio - bkuetooth - aux

when it lands on bkuetooth again, it searches again, and hopefully the audio will begin to stream

You get a call, when the call ends, no audio stream, need to cycle again.

Never had this issue on Q20 and Q5

what a poor experience

---------

- calls manager is really silly

you search a contact

The contact has three numbers
    - home
    - office
    - mobile

you tap wrong , home, needed is office, you click back to use one of the others numbers and .... blank

You must search again!!!!!!

I'm wondering why BlackBerry steps back instead of forward keeping working things working

On ANY previous blackberry if you do what above, you go back to contact and WITHOUT the need to search again, you have there the card of that contact

------

I have some more to add , I'll be back

-----

I'm back

The NON (surreal and unreal) integration between the apps and the HUB causes annoying situations

- I have the phone calls app open, to be able to delete a call from the calls list, I must
    1. Click on the call
    2. Click on the "i" icon to get that call infos
    3. Click on the mini waste bin icon top right
    OR
    Switch to or start the HUB and swipe to waste that call

WOW so handle

Nevertheless, If the call app were smart, when I swipe to waste a call, it should prompt:
    "would you like to waste all the entries about xxxyyyzzzxxx from the calls log?"
    Where that xxxyyyzzzxxx is the swiped number or contact name

I call this "privacy aid"

----------

The calls app has a star tab where the favorites are listed
    It is the top ten of the more often called cobtacts

Hey buddy! If I waste one its counter must be reset too!

Instead as soon I call again that contact, it goes back to its previous position

WDF, this is against any privacy and anyway against my will. If I have removed it it is because I DON'T WANT IT IN THAT TOP 10

------

I suspect that now coders (with all the respect) are Chinese (mean as cheap) and no more Canadiens

------

Premise:

when it comes to type ,I have added two more languages to the BB keyboard,
    since in my daily job I use not only my native language.

Rather than type, I prefer to dictate expecially if I'm driving, do you agree?

Well, other keyboards e.g. my friend has whauwei , allow to set many languages for the voice recognition

Looks like that the BB doesn't, only one at a time

P.S. if you know how to select more than one language to speech recognition for the dictation, please send me a PM, thank you and I'll edit this part
    I understand the Bluetooth issues but I’m confused regarding your other complaints.

It seems your are complaining that BBAndroid doesn’t behave like BB10. Do other Android devices not behave the same way?
    05-13-18 10:08 AM
    It seems your are complaining that BBAndroid doesn’t behave like BB10. Do other Android devices not behave the same way?
    M8, don't loose the focus

I have moved from a BB to a (supposed to be) BB

I see the phone features stepping back instead than forward. That is.

If I were (BB) a wise company, I'd try to keep working and smart the features that I was giving/providing with my previous products.... and not to make them worse or absent.

This post topic is pros and cons, I have and I'm listing my cons and in a couple of the posts I also have listed my pros.

That is
    05-13-18 10:15 AM
    M8, don't loose the focus

I have moved from a BB to a (supposed to be) BB

I see the phone features stepping back instead than forward. That is.

If I were (BB) a wise company, I'd try to keep working and smart the features that I was giving/providing with my previous products.... and not to make them worse or absent.

This post topic is pros and cons, I have and I'm listing my cons and in a couple of the posts I also have listed my pros.

That is
    I think you’re misunderstanding the question I’m asking. Is BB able to do things you’re asking? I have many of the same problems between BBAndroid and Plain Android hardware. My understanding is that Alphabet/Google/Android locks out developers including BlackBerry from changing some OS features as the OS developer/owner.
    Are you saying that BB could make these changes and BB isn’t blocked?
    05-13-18 10:25 AM
    Hi Chuck
    That is why I have written an example about Linux and BSD few posts back.
    Scroll up and find it ;-)
    05-13-18 10:33 AM
    Hi Chuck
    That is why I have written an example about Linux and BSD few posts back.
    Scroll up and find it ;-)
    You'll forgive me but I don’t know Linux from a Timex and BSD has a totally different meaning in my business culture ;-)
    05-13-18 10:41 AM
    I don’t know Linux from a Timex and BSD has a totally different meaning in my business culture ;-)
    Sorry wrong example

Forget it.

I was supposing that BSD was based on linux kernel with a dedicated team working on it to make it better and slightly custom.

That is not for BSD , that is for Citrix.

Though the point is that since they make you pay double the price a snapdragon 6xx hardware, at least they should provide a unique user experience!

Which mean keep save what it was the BB users base experience

Think about this absurd myopia at BB company
    - in the passage between OS 7. X and 10.X they have lost their customer base because they have changed too much the phone WITHOUT focusing and concentrate into explain the GORGEOUS enhancements the HUB as first
    - now they want to loose the few remaining ones because of the worse experience with Android very poor compared to OS 10.x

Well if you wanna save the situation, first of all you need to keep working what it was working nice and fine with OS 10

they are (BB) short-sighted because they don't understand that android people won't go to buy a BB phone

.... for the simple reason of the brand ---> it is a BB

So they should focus on ol' (lost) BB users and take them back to BB

When hopefully the users base is back, with some actions they can use that base to spread the voice and take in "new customers"

As I have written in many posts , at BB they are not short-sighted, they are just blind.
    05-13-18 11:23 AM
    I give you another got worse example

BB OS 10.x cursor positioning lense

How cool and easy was to place the cursor exactly where you wanted to

Select text copy and paste etc

Now when it comes to cursor positioning, you'd prefer to shoot yourself balls instead
    05-13-18 11:40 AM
    I give you another got worse example

BB OS 10.x cursor positioning lense

How cool and easy was to place the cursor exactly where you wanted to

Select text copy and paste etc

Now when it comes to cursor positioning, you'd prefer to shoot yourself balls instead
    LMAO! But you have a point there. Cursor pointing in Android is 💩. One of the many reasons I really don't want an Android phone. But BB10's demise leave me with little choice. I refuse to pay outrageous prices for overhyped iPhones.

05-13-18 11:53 AM
40 12