Hey folks!

So I was fortunate enough to be the winner of the anniversary giveaway winner for the Motion. I received it the other day, and I'm still toying with it and exploring it before I drop my SIM in it to be my everyday device. I still have my Passport as well, and I use it mostly for an alarm clock and the radio tuner. Can anyone tell me if the Motion has one built in as well?

Or would I have to download a radio app?
    03-16-18 01:34 PM
    Hey folks!

So I was fortunate enough to be the winner of the anniversary giveaway winner for the Motion. I received it the other day, and I'm still toying with it and exploring it before I drop my SIM in it to be my everyday device. I still have my Passport as well, and I use it mostly for an alarm clock and the radio tuner. Can anyone tell me if the Motion has one built in as well?

Or would I have to download a radio app?
    Yes, it has an FM Radio Tuner

https://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_motion-8891.php

By the way, any music/radio app will rely on an internet connection, whereas having a tuner means you can tune into live radio broadcasts with your headphones as the antenna. No internet needed.

Congrats on the win! Enjoy!
    03-16-18 03:24 PM
    Yes, it has an FM Radio Tuner

https://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_motion-8891.php

By the way, any music/radio app will rely on an internet connection, whereas having a tuner means you can tune into live radio broadcasts with your headphones as the antenna. No internet needed.

Congrats on the win! Enjoy!
    Woudn't believe everything you read/see online. My Motion (BBD100-2) definitely doesn't have an FM Tuner or at least it is not enabled, can't comment on the other variants.
    03-16-18 03:39 PM
    Tap the clock to access the alarm
    03-16-18 03:41 PM
    I have BBD100-1 and BBD 100-6 and there is no FM tuner. I also did an electronic search of the full online User Guide and there is no mention of FM radio.
    Elky64 likes this.
    03-16-18 04:13 PM
    dialing *#2886# and selecting "MANU" offers a number of tests, including one for the FM radio, for what it's worth. I did determine that the fingerprint sensor appears to be made by Goodix, based on the diagnostics, also FWIW.

I have a bbd100-2, during the FM test it cycles through 3 frequencies, none of which are active here. Would be really curious if this test locks a signal for those who might have a station on one of the channels.
    Last edited by TI_Master; 03-16-18 at 09:28 PM.
    03-16-18 08:08 PM
    BBD100-1 no fm radio 😥
    03-16-18 08:23 PM
    BBD100-1 no fm radio ������
    same here...
    03-17-18 10:30 AM
    How do you check?
    03-17-18 10:42 AM
    dialing *#2886# and selecting "MANU" offers a number of tests, including one for the FM radio, for what it's worth. I did determine that the fingerprint sensor appears to be made by Goodix, based on the diagnostics, also FWIW.

I have a bbd100-2, during the FM test it cycles through 3 frequencies, none of which are active here. Would be really curious if this test locks a signal for those who might have a station on one of the channels.
    Dude, I did the test and the FM tuner came on. Same results as you, the 3 freqs were just static, and I can't find a way to permanently enable the tuner.
    03-18-18 04:45 PM
    Dude, I did the test and the FM tuner came on. Same results as you, the 3 freqs were just static, and I can't find a way to permanently enable the tuner.
    What you did here was just a test. Highly doubt there is a way for the "user" to enable as I'd suspect you'd need a firmware update to do that.
    03-18-18 05:15 PM
    What you did here was just a test. Highly doubt there is a way for the "user" to enable as I'd suspect you'd need a firmware update to do that.
    Well, that test activated a tuner. It cycled through three different stations then deactivated. That tells me the capability is in the device. A firmware push may be the answer or you may have to download an app like iheart radio with an OTA radio option.
    03-18-18 11:48 PM
    Well, that test activated a tuner. It cycled through three different stations then deactivated. That tells me the capability is in the device. A firmware push may be the answer or you may have to download an app like iheart radio with an OTA radio option.
    Mine shows three frequencies too with one being a local station in my area, nothing but static w/headphones plugged in. Also have gone through the rigors of installing several apps, even one that can supposedly tell if phone has tuner and/or is active, came up empty handed on all fronts. So my guess is only a firmware update is going to do the trick if indeed the Motion does have an FM chip but I'm questioning that aspect due to my test results.
    03-19-18 04:41 AM
    pls update the firmware with radio tuner
    03-19-18 04:39 PM
    this is really disappointing ... Crackberry's supposed to be Blackberry's official support forum. Isn't there anyone out there who can help?
    My BBD100-1 (I'm in the UK) definitely has the FM tuner, it seems to work but the three frequencies in the test above don't correspond to UK radio stations. So does Blackberry have a proper FM tuner or does one exist for Android?
    Oh, by the way, what about DAB radio?
    Last edited by IntItOt; 04-09-18 at 08:23 AM.
    04-09-18 07:26 AM