How do you rate these two things? I want to get rid of the iPhone 8 plus and I am afraid of a big loss in these aspects.
    Will motion do decent photos?
    Does the speaker sound well?
    03-05-18 03:45 AM
    How do you rate these two things? I want to get rid of the iPhone 8 plus and I am afraid of a big loss in these aspects.
    One is a flagshp phone, the other is a midgrade...
    03-05-18 07:12 AM
    There will be a loss. I still find the Motion photos are good. And the speaker is good too. However it's an IP67 device. And because of that, I find the amount of space of penetration like speakers holes are minimal. So there's a bottom speaker, but it's not as long or open ended as other BB phones like the Z30 or Priv. Meaning it's easy to cover, and can only get so much sound out of it.
    03-05-18 08:54 AM
    The sound and photos of the Motion are not bad, but no comparison to iPhone 8
    03-09-18 06:24 AM
    There will be a loss. I still find the Motion photos are good. And the speaker is good too. However it's an IP67 device. And because of that, I find the amount of space of penetration like speakers holes are minimal. So there's a bottom speaker, but it's not as long or open ended as other BB phones like the Z30 or Priv. Meaning it's easy to cover, and can only get so much sound out of it.
    Most flagship phones today are at least IP67 if not higher... you really can't blame sound quality on that.

But that's the thing, the Motion isn't flagship. It's a $300 phone with a BlackBerry premium on it. If you want to compare it to other phones, you need to pick other $300 phones.
    03-16-18 08:40 AM
    I think the Motion takes great pictures. I have 4 active kids and never have too much trouble getting movement shots.

The bottom speaker on the Motion is alright. I find you can really amplify it if you cup your hand around the bottom of it.
    03-16-18 01:29 PM