Hello. So I understand you can't use a usb c to hdmi cable to hook a motion to a TV? Is there anyway to project your phone to a TV without the Internet? I want to take my phone to the cabin and watch pre downloaded Netflix and prime video shows this summer. No Internet there.
    06-22-18 10:55 AM
    Hello. So I understand you can't use a usb c to hdmi cable to hook a motion to a TV? Is there anyway to project your phone to a TV without the Internet? I want to take my phone to the cabin and watch pre downloaded Netflix and prime video shows this summer. No Internet there.
    Google Home can be configured to use WiFi direct. Use "guest" mode.
    06-22-18 11:09 AM
    I was disappointed to find that the Motion does not have HDMI support. I have however found a solution that I think is even better.
    1) I bought a Chromecast for £30
    2) I connected my Motion and the Chromecast to the WiFi hotspot on my old Blackberry Priv and set the Chromecast up.
    3) I switched everything off and swapped the SIM card from my Priv to the Motion
    4) I changed both the Mobile Hotspot name and the Hotspot password on my Motion to match the Priv
    5) I switched the Chromecast back on and switched the Mobile Hot Spot on on the Motion. The Chromecast connected directly to the Motion Hot Spot.
    6) I can now cast anything from my Motion to my Chromecast using just the Motion's own WiFi hotspot. This is perfect for casting my phone screen in meetings at work, watching films stored on my Motion on a hotel TV, or casting BT Sport, Youtube or Spotify etc from my phone to any screen with a HDMI port.
    06-22-18 06:12 PM
    I project my Motion to an Avegant Glyph portable cinema.

I have my Glyph connected to a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter which is powered by the BlackBerry MP1200 battery pack. Because that power pack has 2 USB ports, I can also plug my Glyph to keep its battery topped up at the same time.

I use the included Glyph HDMI cable, a female HDMI to female HDMI adapter, the MS Wireless Display Adapter, and the BlackBerry MP1200 with the Glyph and watch hockey like that.

https://www.avegant.com/

https://www.avegant.com/video-headset

The Avegant Glyph is simply a TV that you can wear on your face. I could easily use this same setup to cast to any other display. Not just my Glyph.
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 06-24-18 at 06:45 PM.
    06-22-18 10:19 PM
    Google Home can be configured to use WiFi direct. Use "guest" mode.
    Hello Conite, can you give us a step by step on this, I will like to know how so I can try it on my country house. Thanks in advance
    06-26-18 06:09 AM
    Hello Conite, can you give us a step by step on this, I will like to know how so I can try it on my country house. Thanks in advance
    Just Google it - there are plenty of good how-tos out there.
    06-26-18 07:32 AM