So I type a text message (using Messages) to a bunch of people. It asks me if I want to Save this group with a name. So I name it BKK

If I want to type a new message to same people, how do I bring up BKK?

I tried a new message with BKK
    It doesn't come up.

I tried "Start Group Conversation" and put in BKK.

It doesn't come up.

Why name it if you can't use it? Or.. How do I use it?

Thanks
    03-21-19 08:16 PM
    Anyone?
    03-25-19 07:50 PM
    Same problem for me. So far, I have had to just hunt down an old group text to add to. But it does seem you should be able to start a new one as you describe.
    towngirl likes this.
    03-25-19 10:53 PM
    Are you talking about BBM? Or what do you mean by "Messages"?

In BBM, there is a difference between sending a message to multiple people at once (who can reply and comment), and forming an actual "group" with invited members.

Perhaps the app you're using has something similar.

So I type a text message (using Messages) to a bunch of people. It asks me if I want to Save this group with a name. So I name it BKK

If I want to type a new message to same people, how do I bring up BKK?

I tried a new message with BKK
    It doesn't come up.

I tried "Start Group Conversation" and put in BKK.

It doesn't come up.

Why name it if you can't use it? Or.. How do I use it?

Thanks

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    03-25-19 11:33 PM
    Someone told me to not use text message but to say I was using "Messages" ... attached

Problem with group text messages.-screenshot_20190326-063427-1-.jpeg
    03-26-19 05:40 AM
    Don't know why my "group" does not appear either when selecting "start group conversation" but here's a work around that works for me... I opened Contacts then selected Groups, selected my group....a list of members appears (78)...at the bottom of the screen three icons display...text-email-calendar...select text icon, new screen appears... displaying members with phone numbers (46). I've attached a screenshot. Now I can send my text message. Hope this works on your device. Not what we expected / wanted, but...
    Attached Thumbnails Problem with group text messages.-39511.jpg  
    03-29-19 06:52 AM
    Don't know why my "group" does not appear either when selecting "start group conversation" but here's a work around that works for me... I opened Contacts then selected Groups, selected my group....a list of members appears (78)...at the bottom of the screen three icons display...text-email-calendar...select text icon, new screen appears... displaying members with phone numbers (46). I've attached a screenshot. Now I can send my text message. Hope this works on your device. Not what we expected / wanted, but...
    When I open Contacts, and go to Groups there are random groups "Family" , "teachers" ... people that I listed I think from Google? Not sure how they got listed as "Family" ... anyway.

The one I listed a BKK is not there. So that is not it.

I guess it's a mms group

Problem with group text messages.-text_message.jpg
    03-29-19 07:13 AM
    Went through the same process, but this time I started with a picture...after selecting my group... here's what I see now.
    Attached Thumbnails Problem with group text messages.-39513.jpg  
    03-29-19 08:22 AM
    ...after selecting my group...
    I can't select bkk

Are you opening Messages ... Start Chat? If I do that, there is no BBK group I can pull up.

Or Contacts... Groups? If I do that, there is no BBK to select to send pic
    03-29-19 09:09 AM
    I start Contacts, then Groups...question, is your group local or on the "cloud" ...mines local
    03-29-19 09:25 AM
    I start Contacts, then Groups...question, is your group local or on the "cloud" ...mines local
    My Group in Contacts ... is probably local. I never added one person to Group in my Contacts. They are just there.

So still... can't figure out how I pull up Messages ... send to Group bbk

I guess it's can't. Not sure why it asked you to save when you can't call it back up and use it lol
    03-29-19 09:52 AM
    Played around with this...
    I get the same results as you if I create a "group" on the fly, it's no where to be found. If I create a "group" by selecting members from the Contacts, it's there. HOWEVER, it's not available if I select "start chat". I must first open Contacts, select Groups, find my group , then I can start a chat to the group. So like you I ask " what's the point". The other question I have, why is the group created on the fly considered an MMS message type.
    towngirl likes this.
    03-29-19 04:16 PM
    So yes, in Contact, I found I can make a group. It's not easy .. And then using Contacts, I can select and use it. So thanks.

You can't make one in Messages, even though it does ask you to save it.

Not 100% I would open Contacts to make a text messages... it's a pain in the ..

But good to know you figured it out!
    03-29-19 05:40 PM