11-16-17 06:11 AM
41 12
tools
    Thanks for your take. Hoping to have the device in a couple of weeks. I'm not a power user by any means. So I'm actually hoping to see a difference in response time. But will see. My primary reason for getting it is the battery so good to hear that the battery is excellent. Again, thanks.
    11-08-17 11:39 AM
    I don't think you're going to find much in the "quicker" category with ANY phone in the post-800-series CPU area. Not now, not in the future.

There are exceptions for certain user groups and use cases, but they're limited. The same thing has occurred in the PC world about 5 years ago; there are a few people who see serious improvements in performance (e.g. gamers) but for nearly everyone the user perception difference between a PC from 5 years ago with a SSD disk in it and a PC from a month ago with a SSD disk in it is very close to zero.

I still have my Lenovo X220 laptop (in which I've added a mSATA SSD), and while I could certainly buy a newer laptop the user-perceived performance difference I'd have would be nearly zero -- but my wallet would be a LOT lighter!

Ditto on my desktop machine. There are times I'm sure I'd see a difference (rendering video editing output, which I do from time to time) but other than that it's unlikely I'd see much difference at all -- even if I spent a lot of money.

On the battery side, however, the difference will be massive. I tested the KeyONE and the battery life was shocking -- good enough that "whenever you get 30 minutes in the car, every day or two, plug it in" was plenty of charging. I tried and couldn't kill it in a full day of use from 0600 until 2300 that evening; despite deliberately attempting to be ugly with it, including a couple of hours of navigation use in the car without plugging it in, it still had power left. The Motion will almost-certainly be even better since it has a somewhat larger battery and no keyboard driver to keep powered up.
    I think if you own a PRIV either KEYone, or Motion will be an improvement in performance. Despite the PRIV running an 808 chipset, the optimalization of KEYone and Motion are so much better. BlackBerry has really improved on their software performance on Android. Also in terms of battery life, as you mentioned, you'll get a substantial upgrade.

The only downside is when leaving the PRIV, you'll lose the beautiful curved quad-HD AMOLED screen. But for me, battery is all that matters. 1080p for me is fine.
    11-10-17 10:48 AM
    1080p at this size is pretty much as far as your eye's PERCEPTION can manage to discern anyway. The IPS/AMOLED difference is real too, but there's a gamut fidelity problem with OLED that (while many people PREFER) is almost-impossible to prevent.
    11-10-17 11:00 AM
    Isn't any big screen QWERTY device is planned to for existing PRIV users???

Posted via CB10 thru BlackBerry Passport on Idea from India OS 10.3.3.3057
    11-11-17 09:42 PM
    damn a Priv2 sounds killer to me right about now...
    Keep dreaming lol..they will NEVER make a follow up to such a weak phone
    11-11-17 11:37 PM
    I'v been looking at replacements for my current iPhone SE the last week or so. I was debating on K1BE or Motion and it was a tough choice but I finally pulled the trigger and went with the K1BE. I love having the shortcuts the PKB provides but another big factor was Contract vs No Contract. PKB and No Contract ultimately won.
    11-12-17 01:13 AM
    The Motion if I was looking to stay in the BlackBerry family as I hardly ever use the PKB on my Priv. But likely to go to a Note 8 and load up with BB apps as I might as well get the most powerful current android phone. BlackBerry is now simply a set of apps if one does not require a PKB
    11-12-17 02:46 AM
    I have already upgraded to the KEYone because the physical keyboard is a must to have for me.
    11-12-17 05:22 AM
    I have already upgraded to the KEYone because the physical keyboard is a must to have for me.
    +1
    11-12-17 06:48 AM
    Current ptions for people who want an Android PKB, from best to worst (imo):

-KEYone/KEYone Black Edition
    -Note 8 + qwerty case (less ugly than the S8's + battery saving due to ~35% of screen pixels off, which makes up for the lousy 3300 mAh)
    -Priv with 1080p res mod
    -S8/S8+ with qwerty case (really ugly)
    -Passport with sideloaded apps
    -S7/edge + qwerty case (way too ugly to even be on the list, but options are so limited so might as well)
    11-12-17 08:07 AM
    Neither. The BlackBerry DTEK60 has a way better camera.
    11-13-17 05:25 AM
    I have a PRIV for personal use and the K1 for work. But have just ordered the Motion as I want a water resistant phone for long distance cycling, as well as large battery. So though I am still waiting happy with my PRIV, I will change.
    11-13-17 07:04 AM
    As a Priv owner. If I had to choose between the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the Motion. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ would be the winner. I love typing on a physical keyboard and typing on glass just doesn't do it for me 😃

That being said, I do love the option of typing on glass or keyboard so if a Priv 2 was made, that would instantly win me over and replace the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as the winner 😃 but until then (if then ever comes) I'm very happy with a KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a upgrade.
    This is my thought, although it just depends on what I'm doing whether I prefer the vkb or the pkb. Definitely fewer mistakes on the pkb. I don't have a keyone yet but I'm kicking it around pretty hard. I guess I'll wait and see if Verizon picks up the motion, or I may wait and see if a key2 comes soon and what it costs. Priv is almost 2 years old, starting to do some funky software things sometimes. Might just be an app being stupid too.
    11-13-17 07:09 AM
    My PRIV has been overheating for far too long and I want a BlackBerry to replace it. I use to love my PKB on my Bolds and figured I'd use it on my PRIV; not the case. found I use the VKB way more then the PKB so instead of jumping on the KEYone, I'd wait for a VKB BlackBerry Phone. was hoping for more of a Flagship phone but I don't think I can wait much longer. Am considering the Motion but also considering getting something else for the first time since I had a flip phone however many years ago that was.
    Definitely torn
    11-13-17 02:03 PM
    My Verizon PRIV screen froze up and I was able to get BlackBerry to replace it as Verizon was out of stock at the time. So being that I have a brand new PRIV, I will be waiting for the next ( hopefully) Flagship VKB BlackBerry, as I too very rarely use the PKB on my PRIV. I just wish BlackBerry would release a phone with the newest specs at the earliest time ( like mostly everybody else) so that by the time you actually have it your not already waiting for updates to keep the phone up to par ,and constantly playing catch up to keep up to the rest of the modern world.
    11-16-17 12:46 AM
    I barely use the pk on my Priv am definitely not going with another pk
    phuoc likes this.
    11-16-17 06:11 AM
41 12