Interested to see how many PRIV users are upgrading or have already upgraded. I seem to be hearing a lot of PRIV users are preferring the motion. I loved the PRIV's hardware and would love to see a future slider with an improved keyboard, but for now I'll be sticking with my KEYone and passing on the motion. I'm confident locker mode will make its way to the KEYone, I already get awesome battery life, (although 4000 mah is intriguing), and I love my physical keyboard. Thoughts?
    10-30-17 11:31 AM
    I heard a lot of PRIV owners say they hardly ever pulled out the KEYboard.... so all touch is probable a better fit for them.

That said, many PRIV owners, bought the DTEK60, the KEYone and will probable buy the Motion too.
    chrisk_5 likes this.
    10-30-17 11:52 AM
    I bought all the blackberry Android but I am going to pass motion. Design is not really appealing and phone looks cheap. I really like Keyone design though. I am going to assume that motion was designed by TCL. Also, I was hoping that they used little bit newer SOC. I mean I had my first Snapdragon 625 (Moto Z Play 2016) last mid 2016.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-30-17 12:19 PM
    I bought all the blackberry Android but I am going to pass motion. Design is not really appealing and phone looks cheap. I really like Keyone design though. I am going to assume that motion was designed by TCL. Also, I was hoping that they used little bit newer SOC. I mean I had my first Snapdragon 625 (Moto Z Play 2016) last mid 2016.
    KEYboard helped sell the KEYone.... Motion will be a much tougher sell, unless your buying just for the name or you feel the security offers something for your usage.
    bluesqueen23 and Byrese like this.
    10-30-17 01:09 PM
    I heard a lot of PRIV owners say they hardly ever pulled out the KEYboard.... so all touch is probable a better fit for them.

That said, many PRIV owners, bought the DTEK60, the KEYone and will probable buy the Motion too.
    Yes. Probably the route I'll be going down with these three phones.
    10-30-17 01:48 PM
    Better version of the KEYone is next. I'm hoping for a better version of the Motion, but will settle for the one that's coming out first.
    10-30-17 02:15 PM
    Better version of the KEYone is next. I'm hoping for a better version of the Motion, but will settle for the one that's coming out first.
    I think better version of keyone already released in India with 4gb ram and 64gb storage.
    10-30-17 02:40 PM
    A better version IMHO, would have larger keys.
    10-31-17 12:07 AM
    As a Priv owner. If I had to choose between the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the Motion. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ would be the winner. I love typing on a physical keyboard and typing on glass just doesn't do it for me 😃

That being said, I do love the option of typing on glass or keyboard so if a Priv 2 was made, that would instantly win me over and replace the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as the winner 😃 but until then (if then ever comes) I'm very happy with a KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a upgrade.
    the brother likes this.
    10-31-17 12:35 AM
    As a Priv owner. If I had to choose between the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the Motion. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ would be the winner. I love typing on a physical keyboard and typing on glass just doesn't do it for me 😃

That being said, I do love the option of typing on glass or keyboard so if a Priv 2 was made, that would instantly win me over and replace the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as the winner 😃 but until then (if then ever comes) I'm very happy with a KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a upgrade.
    I agree. I would get the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, but I really want the PRIV2. 😉
    Matty and the brother like this.
    10-31-17 06:42 AM

As a current PRIV owner, I must say that your comment rings true for me. I just never pull it out.

To answer the OP's question, I think I'm going to opt for the Motion when it becomes available in the US.
    10-31-17 07:19 AM
    KEYboard helped sell the KEYone.... Motion will be a much tougher sell, unless your buying just for the name or you feel the security offers something for your usage.
    Agreed on the tough challenge of finding a feature or features to differentiate this phone from other Android slabs. However, as I've said on other threads, they don't have to do extremely high volume on this phone. I think the conservative rollout shows how limited their production will be of this phone to test the waters on a VKB BlackBerry.
    10-31-17 07:22 AM
    Agreed on the tough challenge of finding a feature or features to differentiate this phone from other Android slabs. However, as I've said on other threads, they don't have to do extremely high volume on this phone. I think the conservative rollout shows how limited their production will be of this phone to test the waters on a VKB BlackBerry.
    That or TCL Communications is just broke and can't afford to do much more.....
    10-31-17 07:28 AM

Fair point but is that because they couldn't be bothered to slide out the keyboard or simply because they prefer a vkb?
    10-31-17 11:03 PM
    I'll go with the Motion. Only bought the Priv because it was the only semi-slab BB came out with at the time (plus my fond memories of the Torch 9800 and 9810). Have loved the VKB since the Z10 - amazing keyboard. I've loved the PRIV, but its performance has gotten terrible as it gets close to the 2 year mark for me. I so need a new phone...will get the Motion as soon as a US release.
    phuoc likes this.
    11-01-17 10:05 AM
    I do like the vkb on the Z10 and Priv. Since I don't use the pkb on the Priv I will be getting the Motion when it is released in the US. The performance on my Priv had been diminishing for the past few months.
    11-02-17 01:00 PM
    I had the Priv (son is using it right now while waiting for the Motion). I actually did use the PKB on my Priv, hence the KEYone is my phone of choice. my son prefers the VKB (he has had the Z10, Leap and the Dtek50).
    11-06-17 10:46 PM
    damn a Priv2 sounds killer to me right about now...
    phuoc and the brother like this.
    11-07-17 06:57 AM
    Keyone for me, Motion for my girlfriend. I like a FKB, she does not understand anything that is not all touch!

Proud Owner of a Passport SE
    11-07-17 02:30 PM
    I switched from the PRIV to the KEYOne BE. I almost never used the PKB on the PRIV, but that was more because the keyboard was fairly inadequate (understandably so given the form factor). I was becoming increasingly annoyed with the VKB, which ultimately prompted my switch to this phone.

Motion looks neat, too, but overall I just missed using a PKB.
    11-07-17 02:51 PM
    When the contract on my PRIV is up I will look for a PHYSICAL KEYBOARD. Motion or other slab will be a last resort.
    11-07-17 03:20 PM
    I love BlackBerry but I see no point in getting a non physical keyboard like the Motion. you can get better and cheaper Android phones and just install Hub etc. No I really need the keyboard. I have the PRIV for a year now ,but ready to move on to the KEYone BE
    dmlis likes this.
    11-07-17 03:37 PM
    Interested to see how many PRIV users are upgrading or have already upgraded. I seem to be hearing a lot of PRIV users are preferring the motion. I loved the PRIV's hardware and would love to see a future slider with an improved keyboard, but for now I'll be sticking with my KEYone and passing on the motion. I'm confident locker mode will make its way to the KEYone, I already get awesome battery life, (although 4000 mah is intriguing), and I love my physical keyboard. Thoughts?
    Really love physical keyboard? KEYone. Otherwise Motion. Done
    bitek likes this.
    11-07-17 04:44 PM
    If you have the Priv, ask yourself how much you use the physical keyboard. If not much... then the Motion would be a logical choice. If you use the physical keyboard most of the time, then the KEYone would make more sense. My biggest concern with getting either phone is that whichever I get, it better be an appreciable upgrade for the Priv from a performance perspective. Both phones should be quicker and also have a far superior battery life. If either one of these is not the case, then, regardless of which one I choose, it isn't worth the investment.
    11-08-17 05:44 AM
    I don't think you're going to find much in the "quicker" category with ANY phone in the post-800-series CPU area. Not now, not in the future.

There are exceptions for certain user groups and use cases, but they're limited. The same thing has occurred in the PC world about 5 years ago; there are a few people who see serious improvements in performance (e.g. gamers) but for nearly everyone the user perception difference between a PC from 5 years ago with a SSD disk in it and a PC from a month ago with a SSD disk in it is very close to zero.

I still have my Lenovo X220 laptop (in which I've added a mSATA SSD), and while I could certainly buy a newer laptop the user-perceived performance difference I'd have would be nearly zero -- but my wallet would be a LOT lighter!

Ditto on my desktop machine. There are times I'm sure I'd see a difference (rendering video editing output, which I do from time to time) but other than that it's unlikely I'd see much difference at all -- even if I spent a lot of money.

On the battery side, however, the difference will be massive. I tested the KeyONE and the battery life was shocking -- good enough that "whenever you get 30 minutes in the car, every day or two, plug it in" was plenty of charging. I tried and couldn't kill it in a full day of use from 0600 until 2300 that evening; despite deliberately attempting to be ugly with it, including a couple of hours of navigation use in the car without plugging it in, it still had power left. The Motion will almost-certainly be even better since it has a somewhat larger battery and no keyboard driver to keep powered up.
    11-08-17 08:39 AM
41 12