Hello everyone,

I am going to be purchasing a Blackberry Motion in the next couple days. I had a few questions before I do so. I average about 105 apps on my phone including system apps. Will the BB Motion run efficiently and smoothly with that many apps given the device's specs? Lastly, is there an advantage in purchasing the 100-2 version versus the 100-1 version for use in Canada on the Fido network? I can buy either or so feedback would be great.

Thanks in advance!
    07-10-18 10:26 PM
    Hello everyone,

I am going to be purchasing a Blackberry Motion in the next couple days. I had a few questions before I do so. I average about 105 apps on my phone including system apps. Will the BB Motion run efficiently and smoothly with that many apps given the device's specs? Lastly, is there an advantage in purchasing the 100-2 version versus the 100-1 version for use in Canada on the Fido network? I can buy either or so feedback would be great.

Thanks in advance!
    I have 71 apps installed. Have no idea what adding 34 more apps would do to the phone's performance, but it runs fine with 71. From the perspective of storage, I'm using 15.3GB's of the 32 available.

As far as the model, the 100-2 is the model for North America. I would go with that model. Unsure of any special requirements for the Fido network. I'm located in Upstate New York on AT&T and the 100-2 works great.
    07-10-18 11:16 PM
    Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!
    On my BBD100-2 have 118 apps w/Motion running perfectly fine after 8+ months. Still amazed as to how well it performs. In saying that though, I'm sure it'll depend on the kind of apps, the permissions allowed etc. as to whether you may encounter any kind of slowdowns or such.

As for the model. I'm no expert here but would agree with jackarr that the 100-2 would be the preferred choice if I were to choose again. I'm in Canada w/Telus.
    Last edited by Elky64; 07-11-18 at 06:29 AM.
    07-11-18 04:59 AM
    doesn't it depend on how many you keeping open? 4gb ram is pretty good and app management is sure to be the best option whatever phone you have. no problem on my Motion.
    I have the keyone black with 4GB as my business phone and it handles a lot of open apps fine.
    if you've looked at it and wanna a phone that is a rare brand to own, you won't be disappointed.
    07-11-18 04:08 PM
    doesn't it depend on how many you keeping open?
    Nope. Recent DTEK updates taught many of us that apps can have invisible background processes including permissions access even when they aren't running.
    07-11-18 04:50 PM
    I too am giving the motion some serious attention, and are very close to pulling the trigger on it .
    I had a couple questions my self .
    -how is the overall audio ( call/ speaker
    -is the motion going to receive Oreo and then P
    - and overall phone performance vs keyone
    07-11-18 11:02 PM
    I too am giving the motion some serious attention, and are very close to pulling the trigger on it .
    I had a couple questions my self .
    -how is the overall audio ( call/ speaker
    -is the motion going to receive Oreo and then P
    - and overall phone performance vs keyone
    I have both. And with the Blackberry Android OS.
    I prefer the feel of the Motion in my hands and the screen is lovely.
    I don't see any difference in performance.
    Speaker and phone calls are fine.
    Yes, the Motion is going to get O but not P.
    It's dust and splash proof. My son threw it in a swimming pool to try it out and it still works fine!
    Keep the Blackberry keyboard and it's great.
    The camera could be better, but for me, for everyday photos that will never be seen on screens bigger than a mobile phone, they're fine.
    Basically, if you want a blackberry branded VKB, you'll be very satisfied.
    thekidshop likes this.
    07-14-18 02:39 AM