Hey guys, just wondering how your standby battery life is? I'm averaging 1.6% discharge speed with the screen off! I'd expect closer to 0.5%. This means my battery drains quite a bit over night. Anybody else seeing high standby battery drain? According to better battery stats NETLINK is a big offender. Accubattery shows 1.8% combined usage which is fine, but 1.6% standby usage is ridiculous.
    07-02-18 04:33 PM
    Hey guys, just wondering how your standby battery life is? I'm averaging 1.6% discharge speed with the screen off! I'd expect closer to 0.5%. This means my battery drains quite a bit over night. Anybody else seeing high standby battery drain? According to better battery stats NETLINK is a big offender. Accubattery shows 1.8% combined usage which is fine, but 1.6% standby usage is ridiculous.
    Check the media server in the settings
    07-02-18 07:09 PM
    Check the media server in the settings
    Where is that? I've never seen media server in the settings.
    07-02-18 07:12 PM
    Where is that? I've never seen media server in the settings.
    Press the battery icon and check to see if the media server is draining the battery.
    07-02-18 09:01 PM
    Press the battery icon and check to see if the media server is draining the battery.
    Media server is not even on the list.
    07-04-18 05:25 AM
    Media server is not even on the list.
    Netflix is probably running in the background , download greenify and it should keep apps from running and consuming the battery.
    07-04-18 08:11 AM
    Netflix is probably running in the background , download greenify and it should keep apps from running and consuming the battery.
    I don't use Netflix. I tried greenify but it didn't make a difference.
    It seems to be reception related. I get about 1 bar at home, sometimes none. It searches for signal all night. Not an issue with my previous phone, seems this phone has poor reception. Waiting for a call back from koodo on what I can do.
    07-04-18 08:15 AM
    I don't use Netflix. I tried greenify but it didn't make a difference.
    It seems to be reception related. I get about 1 bar at home, sometimes none. It searches for signal all night. Not an issue with my previous phone, seems this phone has poor reception. Waiting for a call back from koodo on what I can do.
    Hello.

You have a Motion, right? What's the OS your phone is running? Because since the june upgrade my battery started draining real quickly...
    07-04-18 03:57 PM
    Hello.

You have a Motion, right? What's the OS your phone is running? Because since the june upgrade my battery started draining real quickly...
    I have the latest build, ABA761
    07-04-18 06:37 PM
    Hello.

The June upgrade made my battery better.
    07-05-18 02:24 AM
    I have the latest build, ABA761
    And it stills drain your battery real quick? Cause I've been asking a lot of CrackBerry friends and they all agreed on that the latest OS upgrade have improved their batteries life.
    07-05-18 02:23 PM
    And it stills drain your battery real quick? Cause I've been asking a lot of CrackBerry friends and they all agreed on that the latest OS upgrade have improved their batteries life.
    I'm losing about 2% per hour if I don't touch my phone at all.
    07-05-18 02:24 PM
    Try what I did and may be it could help you. Get on the official BlackBerry web page and click on "contact us" and tell them everything you are experiencing. They answer real quickly and they might have a solution for your case. If they do, please, let us know what was it
    07-05-18 02:27 PM
    I believe I have resolved this by changing the network setting to WCDMA/GSM only. The phone seems to have a weak LTE antenna which drains the battery very fast when on standby. With small data plans, I don't care for LTE anyway, so I'm happy with disabling it.
    I turned on airplane mode over night and my phone lost 1% (over the entire night). That tells me the issue is network related and not an app. Since disabling LTE my battery graph line has nearly flat lined rather than displaying a sharp downward sloping line and my hourly usage percentage is decreasing from 2% to less than 1%.
    07-06-18 08:53 AM
    I believe I have resolved this by changing the network setting to WCDMA/GSM only. The phone seems to have a weak LTE antenna which drains the battery very fast when on standby. With small data plans, I don't care for LTE anyway, so I'm happy with disabling it.
    I turned on airplane mode over night and my phone lost 1% (over the entire night). That tells me the issue is network related and not an app. Since disabling LTE my battery graph line has nearly flat lined rather than displaying a sharp downward sloping line and my hourly usage percentage is decreasing from 2% to less than 1%.
    I agree with you. My phone constantly shows on settings - battery and then clixking on the graph that the cellular signal ia really poor! Sometimes people call me or text me that my phone was "off" and it was not. Don't know what to do with this issue.
    07-06-18 04:57 PM
    I agree with you. My phone constantly shows on settings - battery and then clixking on the graph that the cellular signal ia really poor! Sometimes people call me or text me that my phone was "off" and it was not. Don't know what to do with this issue.
    There's really only 2 options, disable LTE or get another phone.
    I always believed Blackberries had a reputation for excellent reception. Perhaps having TCL produce the phones has ended that.
    07-06-18 05:10 PM
    There's really only 2 options, disable LTE or get another phone.
    I always believed Blackberries had a reputation for excellent reception. Perhaps having TCL produce the phones has ended that.
    Mine has better reception that my Z30 and way better than my Dtek50. No complaints here. But, if avail, you can always use wifi-calling.
    07-06-18 09:48 PM
    Mine has better reception that my Z30 and way better than my Dtek50. No complaints here. But, if avail, you can always use wifi-calling.
    No wifi calling in Canada.
    07-07-18 06:06 AM
    hey my phone blackberry dtek 50 battery life decreased after june update. At very first day when I bought this phone it used to loose only 1% in stand by of whole night. but now it is loosing 15-20%
    07-07-18 07:13 AM