So, I have Netflix on my Motion, would I be able to use a USB C to HDMI cable and have Netflix play on my tv?
    08-25-18 07:19 PM
    Get a chromecast
    08-25-18 09:05 PM
    This is for my RV, that's not an option
    08-26-18 05:14 PM
    I'm also curious about this answer. I used to have a Z30, and loved using the micro HDMI out to HDMI on the tv. Obviously there are wifi options, but I always found there to be lag. Though I needed a super long cable, at least it was super smooth.

Anyways, interested about the USB C to hdmi.
    rocnrol likes this.
    08-26-18 09:10 PM
    I used to use microUSB to HDMI with my Q10 and Z30, and it was great. I now use Chromecast, but it has several downsides :
    - buggy: the phone and the Chromecast dongle often disconnect after a while, so I can no longer control start/stop/pause/volume using the phone, unless I fiddle around with it and get the Chromecast to stop being so independent.
    - can't be used in hotel rooms while travelling because both phone and dongle must be connected and logged in to the same network, and generally hotels turn on Access Point Protection.

I plan to buy a USB-C to HDMI cable soon, so I can more easily set up my mobile office with BB Motion, Bluetooth keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse, and a big screen - no nasty Windows laptop involved.
    09-06-18 06:01 PM
    I use Roku stick for that purpose. It is more stable than Chromecast, there is great application for managing the stick with remote functionality, 4K and you can stream to Roku as you would to Chromecast. So far I had zero issues with this setup. Hotel wifi limitations stands though. It is the same for Chromecast and Roku....
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    09-07-18 12:27 AM
    Is the Motion Slimport compatible?
    09-07-18 03:05 AM
    I used to use microUSB to HDMI with my Q10 and Z30, and it was great. I now use Chromecast, but it has several downsides :
    - buggy: the phone and the Chromecast dongle often disconnect after a while, so I can no longer control start/stop/pause/volume using the phone, unless I fiddle around with it and get the Chromecast to stop being so independent.
    - can't be used in hotel rooms while travelling because both phone and dongle must be connected and logged in to the same network, and generally hotels turn on Access Point Protection.

I plan to buy a USB-C to HDMI cable soon, so I can more easily set up my mobile office with BB Motion, Bluetooth keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse, and a big screen - no nasty Windows laptop involved.
    So... my question about this revolves around my camping trailer. I wish to have movies on the SD card on my phone, and hook up to the TV in the trailer.... Not much network to flange up to while camping
    09-07-18 07:36 AM
    I was disappointed to find that the Motion does not have HDMI support. I have however found a solution that I think is even better.
    1) I bought a Chromecast for £30
    2) I connected my Motion and the Chromecast to the WiFi hotspot on my old Blackberry Priv and set the Chromecast up.
    3) I switched everything off and swapped the SIM card from my Priv to the Motion
    4) I changed both the Mobile Hotspot name and the Hotspot password on my Motion to match the Priv
    5) I switched the Chromecast back on and switched the Mobile Hot Spot on on the Motion. The Chromecast connected directly to the Motion Hot Spot.
    6) I can now cast anything from my Motion to my Chromecast using just the Motion's own WiFi hotspot. This is perfect for casting my phone screen in meetings at work, watching films stored on my Motion on a hotel TV, or casting BT Sport, Youtube or Spotify etc from my phone to any screen with a HDMI port.
    09-08-18 03:19 AM
    I was disappointed to find that the Motion does not have HDMI support. I have however found a solution that I think is even better.
    1) I bought a Chromecast for £30
    2) I connected my Motion and the Chromecast to the WiFi hotspot on my old Blackberry Priv and set the Chromecast up.
    3) I switched everything off and swapped the SIM card from my Priv to the Motion
    4) I changed both the Mobile Hotspot name and the Hotspot password on my Motion to match the Priv
    5) I switched the Chromecast back on and switched the Mobile Hot Spot on on the Motion. The Chromecast connected directly to the Motion Hot Spot.
    6) I can now cast anything from my Motion to my Chromecast using just the Motion's own WiFi hotspot. This is perfect for casting my phone screen in meetings at work, watching films stored on my Motion on a hotel TV, or casting BT Sport, Youtube or Spotify etc from my phone to any screen with a HDMI port.
    Not a bad idea. I set my WIFI at home and on the phone with the same username and password. But when the hot-spot is "ON" on the phone the wifi turns "OFF" so can't really stream when connected on wifi, will have to use mobile data only which have its limitations.
    09-28-18 12:49 AM
    bought the cable and did not work
    09-28-18 01:16 AM
    usbc to hdmi adapter originally worked with my key2 just tried it today and no longer works guess It's a software issue now.
    10-01-18 08:05 PM