Hi, this seems to be an effect of a setting in accessibility tools (or similar in english, in german Eingabehilfen). Scroll down to "reaction time hold / touch" or similar and deactivate it. I had it set to 200ms. Let me guess the phone wants to do a "click" when you try to swipe up. After deactivattion it works fine so far. Dont mind my english...
    Last edited by Micheldutt; 10-23-18 at 07:44 AM.
    10-23-18 03:59 AM
    just got October update. issue still exists. impossible to answer phone.
    10-27-18 02:15 PM
    just got October update. issue still exists. impossible to answer phone.
    Another Motion thread was discussing this I believe..
    10-27-18 08:45 PM
    May 20 2019 (Canada) - I can't use swipe up function to answer phone - missing calls left right and centre- talked with BB Support from Mexico - their fix of deleting all my apps from the home screen didn't work - but gave me a lot of work to do to reinstate. Blackberry must do an update to fix this.!
    Dreadful problem. It is a phone after all!!! g
    05-10-19 04:31 PM
    Is anyone having problems with the "swipe - up" to answer on your Motion since the Oreo update? When a call comes in, I swipe up, but it seems to take multiple tries before it answers...
    Seems to be a sporadic issue. I've had the same problem, but it's not continuous.
    05-27-19 09:49 AM
    I too am suffering this problem. I sometimes can't answer the calls. Really frustrating!
    05-30-19 06:00 PM
    This problem has returned and Swipe Up doesn't answer the phone. I followed all the suggestions listed above but no success. Does Blackberry still support the Motion?
    10-29-20 04:12 AM
    This problem has returned and Swipe Up doesn't answer the phone. I followed all the suggestions listed above but no success. Does Blackberry still support the Motion?
    No they don't. Try swiping up from the bottom of the screen, not focusing on that green bubble.
    10-29-20 10:34 AM
    No they don't. Try swiping up from the bottom of the screen, not focusing on that green bubble.
    Is the phone app in the Motion a TCL product, BlackBerry or stock Android?

I'd try clearing the cache and data for the phone app.
    Hard Reset of phone
    Remove SIM, reboot, reinstall SIM and reboot
    10-29-20 10:44 AM
    Is the phone app in the Motion a TCL product, BlackBerry or stock Android?
    Android with a pinch of TCL.
    10-29-20 05:38 PM
    On my KeyOne and Key2, I use double spacebar to answer calls.

On my in-laws full screen phones (Samsung I think), they can use their volume down (I think) to answer calls.

Look under Settings and Accessibility. Might have an option there to help.
    11-03-20 10:52 AM
    For those who still have their Motion, I had been tearing my hair out with keyboard and 'swipe up' problems. I seems to be in the minority when it comes to the Motion and wasn't keen to give up as I do like it!
    I decided to replace the screen and very happy with the outcome. I bought a new screen online and asked the local phone guy to do the replacement. The result is outstanding and I have my Motion back.
    I have also learned to 'swipe down' from the top to answer the phone as it's easier and gives options.
    I would be delighted if BlackBerry relented and provided an upgrade to Oreo as speed is a a irritating at times.
    12-01-20 03:27 PM
    Had same problem of swiping up to answer a call not working. Found Elky64 response of: "1) Settings//apps and notification//see all apps//phone app//storage//clear data. " which resolved problem! Thanks
    08-19-21 10:46 AM
38 12